Lewis & Clark 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jerome

Bronze

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Post by Jerome » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:53 pm

In today via snail mail. They also indicated to me that they had awarded all their scholarship funds, but would re-evaluate in April after they have a better idea of who will show up.

Depending on where else (if anywhere) I am accepted, I will try to leverage my 15k/year at Loyola with LC for some $$.

Perhaps I'll do that as early as March...

yo!

Silver

Post by yo! » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:07 pm

Wow, what a bummer. If they don't give me any money at L&C, I'm jsut going to hope that I get into Davis. I would have gone to L&C with some $$$ over davis, but I have to go with UCD if I'm paying sticker :?

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:32 pm

yo! wrote:Wow, what a bummer. If they don't give me any money at L&C, I'm jsut going to hope that I get into Davis. I would have gone to L&C with some $$$ over davis, but I have to go with UCD if I'm paying sticker :?
Yup. I feel the same for Colorado. Maybe I'll have some luck negotiating for aid.

balibaby4

New

Post by balibaby4 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Congrats to everyone that got in today! I just got my acceptance via snail mail...but also got the same message about scholarship money. I was really hoping to get something from L&C :? Oh well, the acceptance still feels great!

Anyone going to the Law School Preview in March?

Headybrah

Bronze

Post by Headybrah » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:55 pm

considering making the drive from SF - figured it could help convince them I am serious and deserve $.

Plus portland is sweet

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:02 pm

Headybrah wrote:considering making the drive from SF - figured it could help convince them I am serious and deserve $.

Plus portland is sweet
Agreed.

Portland is sweet. I'll be out there, I think. And I will be hitting my favorite beer spots, so if anyone who doesn't know PDX wants a beer-tour...

yo!

Silver

Post by yo! » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:10 pm

Jerome wrote:
Headybrah wrote:considering making the drive from SF - figured it could help convince them I am serious and deserve $.

Plus portland is sweet
Agreed.

Portland is sweet. I'll be out there, I think. And I will be hitting my favorite beer spots, so if anyone who doesn't know PDX wants a beer-tour...
I'm down, if I get in. Still waiting to get off work so I can check the mail.

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:12 pm

yo! wrote:
Jerome wrote:

Plus portland is sweet
Agreed.

I'm down, if I get in. Still waiting to get off work so I can check the mail.
My money is that you did, given your stats. I know the pain of waiting all too well.

S de Garmeaux

Bronze

Post by S de Garmeaux » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Jerome wrote:

Plus portland is sweet
Agreed.

probably +1

ill be there for the 4/18 ASD and the weekend

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

yo!

Silver

Post by yo! » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:50 pm

Our apartment complex got a new mail man, and he is extremely slow. I waited until 5:30 pm to check the mail, and nothing. Just a bunch of junk mail from TTT's that I would sooner remove my left testicle than attend. I fucking hate this god-awful process.

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:32 pm

yo! wrote:Our apartment complex got a new mail man, and he is extremely slow. I waited until 5:30 pm to check the mail, and nothing. Just a bunch of junk mail from TTT's that I would sooner remove my left testicle than attend. I fucking hate this god-awful process.
Ouch. I wish you luck.

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:27 am

For those of us who have been held, when do you plan on sending a LOCI? Is Feb. too early since they're not reevaluating until April/May?

km23

Bronze

Post by km23 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:57 am

/
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:48 pm

km23 wrote:
mhd08 wrote:For those of us who have been held, when do you plan on sending a LOCI? Is Feb. too early since they're not reevaluating until April/May?
One user suggested March. I think I will mail one by the end of the first week of March.

Ok, thanks. That's kinda what I figured.

zermatt1

New

Post by zermatt1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:42 pm

Got admitted today. 160/3.6 Bummed that they raised their tuition to 35k. I wasn't expecting that. I didn't get any scholarships.

Chudancha

New

Post by Chudancha » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:51 pm

zermatt1 wrote:Got admitted today. 160/3.6 Bummed that they raised their tuition to 35k. I wasn't expecting that. I didn't get any scholarships.
At the rate things are going, there will likely be tuition hikes across the board.

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:18 pm

zermatt1 wrote:Got admitted today. 160/3.6 Bummed that they raised their tuition to 35k. I wasn't expecting that. I didn't get any scholarships.
Did they include a letter indicating you were considered but they were out of $ and would reconsider? If so, send follow up in mid-March.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

yo!

Silver

Post by yo! » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:20 pm

I guess L&C just doesn't like me, nothing again. I did get a surprising acceptance to the University of Arizona though. I only applied two weeks ago because of a CRS fee waiver, and I got in today.

Princess_T

New

Post by Princess_T » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:40 pm

In with $10K! Was hoping for more money, but hey it's something! Just booked my trip for the 4/18-4/19 preview event. Hope to see some of you there!

zermatt1

New

Post by zermatt1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:04 am

Jerome wrote:
Did they include a letter indicating you were considered but they were out of $ and would reconsider? If so, send follow up in mid-March.
I didn't get a letter saying they would reconsider. Portland is my favorite city and I really want to go to LC but I could go to University of Oregon for so much less and get free housing because I have family that lives in Eugene. I am going to the admitted students day in March to see if LC is worth the extra money.

yo!

Silver

Post by yo! » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:48 am

I finally got my acceptance in the mail today. I got the same letter about them running out of scholarship money. I'm sure they will start giving it out when people begin withdrawing. L&C is one of my top choices, but they seem to be the only school that isn't giving me any love. I was a little upset about the lack of $$, but the next packet in the mailbox came from UNLV and they offered me a full-tuition scholarship! I'm a little disappointed about L&C, but extremely excited about UNLV. It wasn't originally a top choice, but I would love to graduate debt free. San Diego sent a letter offering 15k/yr and UOP offered 20K/yr. So mostly good news, but I definitely won't be attending L&C at sticker.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:56 am

yo! wrote:I finally got my acceptance in the mail today. I got the same letter about them running out of scholarship money. I'm sure they will start giving it out when people begin withdrawing. L&C is one of my top choices, but they seem to be the only school that isn't giving me any love. I was a little upset about the lack of $$, but the next packet in the mailbox came from UNLV and they offered me a full-tuition scholarship! I'm a little disappointed about L&C, but extremely excited about UNLV. It wasn't originally a top choice, but I would love to graduate debt free. San Diego sent a letter offering 15k/yr and UOP offered 20K/yr. So mostly good news, but I definitely won't be attending L&C at sticker.
Glad you made it, yo!

totebags

New

Post by totebags » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:06 am

yo! wrote:I finally got my acceptance in the mail today. I got the same letter about them running out of scholarship money. I'm sure they will start giving it out when people begin withdrawing. L&C is one of my top choices, but they seem to be the only school that isn't giving me any love. I was a little upset about the lack of $$, but the next packet in the mailbox came from UNLV and they offered me a full-tuition scholarship! I'm a little disappointed about L&C, but extremely excited about UNLV. It wasn't originally a top choice, but I would love to graduate debt free. San Diego sent a letter offering 15k/yr and UOP offered 20K/yr. So mostly good news, but I definitely won't be attending L&C at sticker.

Yes! I knew you could do it, yo!

Headybrah

Bronze

Post by Headybrah » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:30 pm

CONGRATS Yo!

anyone have any idea where they might be staying for admitted student day?

I asked for some sort of visiting stipend and was denied...

Tuski

New

Post by Tuski » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:02 am

Jerome wrote:

Plus portland is sweet
Agreed.

Delayed response... but I'll be there, and a beer-tour would be awesome!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”