Lewis & Clark 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ccs224

Bronze

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Post by ccs224 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:13 am

Did anyone know that something like 23 out of PDX's 26 local brews are all owned by the same company!? It's a conspiracy.

nonsequitur

New

Post by nonsequitur » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:57 am

ccs224 wrote:Did anyone know that something like 23 out of PDX's 26 local brews are all owned by the same company!? It's a conspiracy.
Yes, it's evil, and you have to do some digging to find out who owns who. It leads to a whole new level of beer snobery.
"Are you enjoying that (insert brand name)? <mumble>Whatever... tool...</mumble>"

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:06 pm

where is my decision L and C??!!

heckyes

New

Post by heckyes » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:11 pm

sarlis wrote:where is my decision L and C??!!

agreed. still waiting. gah!!!!!!

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:29 pm

In light of other acceptances, I don't feel L&C is a viable option for me.

I will be withdrawing on Tuesday, and hopefully one of you gets my $10K a year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

algren

Bronze

Post by algren » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:40 pm

Jerome wrote:
S de Garmeaux wrote:
SamSeaborn2016 wrote:
algren wrote:There's a ton of Rouge products out here in Chicago. I also enjoy the Hazelnut, and of course the Dead Guy Ale is on tap at a lot of places around town.

Strangely, of all the local brews, Rogue seems to have the best distribution network. When I go to the East Coast I can find Rogue Dead Guy and a few others at liquor stores and occasionally I'll find Widmer Hefeweizen at supermarkets.
rogue's label art is better, and Widmer isn't that good of a hef, imo
+1.
Totally agree.

I'm really interested to try the Pale Ale's out that way.

ahk!

New

Post by ahk! » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:56 pm

jazzluvr wrote:
nonsequitur wrote:
cdd_04 wrote:Does anyone else love how they send you a big white packet--containing a why Lewis and Clark booklet-- after you have already applied?
I loved getting that one. I got all excited that I might have gotten a November acceptance letter! I have to say that they're somewhat heavy handed with the mailings. So far I have 3 big envelopes, 4 small envelopes, 4 e-mails from admissions, and 2 e-mails from admitted students & student groups. That doesn't include replies to my queries. This is all correspondence they've initiated. I'd like to hear what some of the rest of you are getting :lol:
Come to think of it, yeah, I hated the "small envelope" mailings before I'd received my acceptance. Each time I thought, OK, this is it...very inconsiderate of them, for sure. Same thing with the big ones - I thought they were acceptance packages (although I seem to remember only one of those).
yeah so I just got a big white envelope with the "practical skills" booklet and a letter from asst dean of admissions describing what L&C offers it's students. I haven't been accepted/rejected yet so naturally my heart started racing when I opened my mailbox. that was not fun times.

KraftEZ

New

Post by KraftEZ » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:03 pm

ahk! wrote:
jazzluvr wrote:
nonsequitur wrote:
cdd_04 wrote:Does anyone else love how they send you a big white packet--containing a why Lewis and Clark booklet-- after you have already applied?
I loved getting that one. I got all excited that I might have gotten a November acceptance letter! I have to say that they're somewhat heavy handed with the mailings. So far I have 3 big envelopes, 4 small envelopes, 4 e-mails from admissions, and 2 e-mails from admitted students & student groups. That doesn't include replies to my queries. This is all correspondence they've initiated. I'd like to hear what some of the rest of you are getting :lol:
Come to think of it, yeah, I hated the "small envelope" mailings before I'd received my acceptance. Each time I thought, OK, this is it...very inconsiderate of them, for sure. Same thing with the big ones - I thought they were acceptance packages (although I seem to remember only one of those).
yeah so I just got a big white envelope with the "practical skills" booklet and a letter from asst dean of admissions describing what L&C offers it's students. I haven't been accepted/rejected yet so naturally my heart started racing when I opened my mailbox. that was not fun times.
I just got that booklet yesterday also.

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:13 pm

My application is on hold until further notice. Yesteday I get an e-mail from L&C and I get all excited.... only to find out it's an e-mail about financial aid and how great of a school it is. What a cruel joke...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

heckyes

New

Post by heckyes » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:10 pm

mhd08 wrote:My application is on hold until further notice. Yesteday I get an e-mail from L&C and I get all excited.... only to find out it's an e-mail about financial aid and how great of a school it is. What a cruel joke...

I'm sorry :(

I know this is a random question, but as a student on hold, are you able to log into the admitted students section of the website?

algren

Bronze

Post by algren » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:04 am

I got admitted!

Granted, I also received the, no more funds at the moment letter, however there is a lot more hope in the writing of that letter for scholarship funds than I first thought.

In any case, I'm happy to be admitted!

heckyes

New

Post by heckyes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:02 am

algren wrote:I got admitted!

Granted, I also received the, no more funds at the moment letter, however there is a lot more hope in the writing of that letter for scholarship funds than I first thought.

CONGRATULATIONS! this gives me hope because I too did have a 2/5 status....

yay!

algren

Bronze

Post by algren » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:27 pm

heckyes wrote:
algren wrote:I got admitted!

CONGRATULATIONS! this gives me hope because I too did have a 2/5 status....

yay!
Thanks! Best of luck to you!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

harprees

New

Post by harprees » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:47 pm

In as well :)

It's gonna be a lot of work coming up there from Cali

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:29 pm

Are there any more decisions today?

algren

Bronze

Post by algren » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:10 pm

harprees wrote:In as well :)

Chicago here. If I go, I am basically selling/dumping everything I own and know and starting over. Kind of a refreshing thought actually.

Onto another topic.... what is the "coolest" neighborhood nearest to the law school? Obviously this is a wildly subjective question and I don't expect their to be one right answer, but knowing absolutely NOTHING about Portland's neighborhoods, I'm more just trying to start a conversation on the subject. Personally, I want to live as close as possible to the school. To help narrow it down: I'm a 27 year old male, unmarried, like beer, play guitar, and run a lot. Any of you locals have opinions on this?

loblawlawblogger

New

Post by loblawlawblogger » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:33 pm

I had a 2/5 complete status on the Lewis & Clark application status page, and I have also recently been receiving a lot of mail and email. I was suspicious, so I tried to log-in to their admitted students page, and..access granted!
http://www.lclark.edu/law/offices/admis ... _students/
Try the Inside L&C link.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:50 pm

loblawlawblogger wrote:I had a 2/5 complete status on the Lewis & Clark application status page, and I have also recently been receiving a lot of mail and email. I was suspicious, so I tried to log-in to their admitted students page, and..access granted!
Try the Inside L&C link.
I had the same thing happen to me. I called on Friday and the admissions person told me I would hear "by the first of next week." That would be an odd thing to say if a decision had not already been made...

heckyes

New

Post by heckyes » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:13 pm

loblawlawblogger wrote:I had a 2/5 complete status on the Lewis & Clark application status page, and I have also recently been receiving a lot of mail and email. I was suspicious, so I tried to log-in to their admitted students page, and..access granted!
Try the Inside L&C link.

woohoo!

you know what stinks about today though? It's president's day.....there will be no mail to confirm this. booooooooooo

anyway-congrats on being able to enter the admitted students site. yay!!!!!

loblawlawblogger

New

Post by loblawlawblogger » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:45 pm

Agreed on the President's Day, heckyes. I never thought I would grow to be so excited to check the mail everyday, and holidays make me even more impatient!
Congrats to you, too. Maybe tomorrow the big packet will arrive...

UF Gators

Bronze

Post by UF Gators » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:53 pm

algren wrote:
harprees wrote:In as well :)

Chicago here. If I go, I am basically selling/dumping everything I own and know and starting over. Kind of a refreshing thought actually.

Onto another topic.... what is the "coolest" neighborhood nearest to the law school? Obviously this is a wildly subjective question and I don't expect their to be one right answer, but knowing absolutely NOTHING about Portland's neighborhoods, I'm more just trying to start a conversation on the subject. Personally, I want to live as close as possible to the school. To help narrow it down: I'm a 27 year old male, unmarried, like beer, play guitar, and run a lot. Any of you locals have opinions on this?
L&C is kinda far from any "cool" neighborhoods, but I think you would like living in SE Portland around Hawthorne, Division or Mt. Tabor. Some other suggestions are the Eastmoreland and Woodstock areas close to Reed College. You should check these area out. Keep in mind your commute will probably be around 20 minutes from these areas.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

buddyblack

New

Post by buddyblack » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:28 pm

algren wrote:Onto another topic.... what is the "coolest" neighborhood nearest to the law school? Obviously this is a wildly subjective question and I don't expect their to be one right answer, but knowing absolutely NOTHING about Portland's neighborhoods, I'm more just trying to start a conversation on the subject. Personally, I want to live as close as possible to the school. To help narrow it down: I'm a 27 year old male, unmarried, like beer, play guitar, and run a lot. Any of you locals have opinions on this?
The easy answer for me is Sellwood, it's right across the river from the SW hills (where L&C is) and one of my favorite Portland neighborhoods. It's a little removed from the rest of Portland, but there's a bike trail along the Willamette that takes you north to the inner SE and city center. That trail isn't exactly beautiful, but it's quick, direct and good pavement that empties you out onto the Esplanade where you can get just about anywhere

Otherwise, Belmont/Hawthorne/Division are good bets in the SE, Alberta and Mississippi in the NE - but realize that your commute keeps getting farther and farther - and while I have no experience busing/biking/driving to Lewis & Clark, I don't get the sense it's too easy. The college might also run a shuttle to downtown Portland though, so that's always an option.

Check these sites out: http://legacy.lclark.edu/LAW/ADMIT2009/ ... t_2009.pdf and https://www.lclark.edu/law/inside/housing/ - you may need to be an admitted student to view either.

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:34 am

Any L&C love today?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:03 pm

Officially withdrew today.

I hope one of you gets my $10K a year!

algren

Bronze

Post by algren » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:37 pm

kalvano wrote:Officially withdrew today.

I hope one of you gets my $10K a year!
Dibs.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”