Lewis & Clark 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
KraftEZ

New

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Post by KraftEZ » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:21 pm

jazzluvr wrote:How many of us have been admitted, do people think? How many do they typically admit for a year? I know there are stats somewhere....
L&C gets roughly 2500-2600 applicants, of which they accept 1000.

Of those 1000, roughly 220-250 attend.

Mean GPA and LSAT is 3.49 and 161.

For comparison, L&C's closest competitor, UofO law receives roughly 2000 applicants, of which they accept 850-900. Of those roughly 160-190 attend. However, UofO does not hold a part-time or evening program which could explain the discrepency. UofO also pays closer attention to in-state residents, and their mean GPA and LSAT is lower than L&C.

sophistry

Bronze

Post by sophistry » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:03 pm

KraftEZ wrote: L&C gets roughly 2500-2600 applicants, of which they accept 1000.

Of those 1000, roughly 220-250 attend.
Thanks for these stats.

I wish they would YP. I bet they could jump into the 40's or 50's if they tried this and other strategies.

barga24

New

Post by barga24 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:26 pm

My checker has updated to 'complete' three different time - 1/26, 2/26, and 3/2. As the most recent update was the third, i assume that it means decision rendered. That said, I am not able to log into the student page yet.
Does this mean that I am not in, and/or how long til I get my letter (in or not)

Thanks

sophistry

Bronze

Post by sophistry » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:43 am

barga24 wrote:My checker has updated to 'complete' three different time - 1/26, 2/26, and 3/2. As the most recent update was the third, i assume that it means decision rendered. That said, I am not able to log into the student page yet.
Does this mean that I am not in, and/or how long til I get my letter (in or not)

Thanks
At least in my case, I couldn't log onto the site until about a week after my last status update. Also, even though most of us seem to have had three updates before a decision was rendered, I don't think it necessarily means much. Keep trying to access the admitted students site and check your mailbox. Good luck!

barga24

New

Post by barga24 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:03 am

sophistry wrote:
barga24 wrote:My checker has updated to 'complete' three different time - 1/26, 2/26, and 3/2. As the most recent update was the third, i assume that it means decision rendered. That said, I am not able to log into the student page yet.

Thanks
At least in my case, I couldn't log onto the site until about a week after my last status update. Also, even though most of us seem to have had three updates before a decision was rendered, I don't think it necessarily means much. Keep trying to access the admitted students site and check your mailbox. Good luck!
I think the changes correlate to internal changing: Complete, in review, decision rendered. As they don't update the status externally (for us) but do for them (according to their sec.) I think this is what it means

thanks for telling me to still have hope in the waiting for it. Just a little frazzled as my 3rd choice (which I thought was safe) said no, and my GPA is not exactly up to everybody's standards

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jazzluvr

New

Post by jazzluvr » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:49 pm

Can the current student who posted here (about helping on ASD) tell us whether it's true that for most classes you have to read about 12 cases per night? An alumnus of the school (2005) mentioned that figure to me and it kind of freaked me out. How could you keep up with that in 4-5 classes at a time?

katjust

Bronze

Post by katjust » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:22 am

It's untrue. Unless that includes reading for 2-3 classes total and includes note cases as well as the primary cases. Also, it depends on the textbook and subject. In our torts book the cases were often edited to half a page. In Constitutional Law we had 19 pages for two cases.

zaw

New

Post by zaw » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:53 pm

Status update changed yesterday (3/4) and I just got the email stating that "the admissions committee has completed its review of your application, but has not yet made a decision. Your file is still active and we will continue to keep it under consideration. In late April or early May, we will have a clearer idea of how many seats are still available, if any. If we have additional space in the class, we will do a second review of your file and we may extend an offer of admission to you at that time. If you are not admitted after a second review, your file may be denied or added to a waitlist. "

What exactly is the difference between this and the waitlist? Anyone have any other insight or advice to offer? Who else is in this position? What have you heard?

Thanks.

barga24

New

Post by barga24 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:05 pm

zaw wrote:Status update changed yesterday (3/4) and I just got the email stating that "the admissions committee has completed its review of your application, but has not yet made a decision. Your file is still active and we will continue to keep it under consideration. In late April or early May, we will have a clearer idea of how many seats are still available, if any. If we have additional space in the class, we will do a second review of your file and we may extend an offer of admission to you at that time. If you are not admitted after a second review, your file may be denied or added to a waitlist. "

What exactly is the difference between this and the waitlist? Anyone have any other insight or advice to offer? Who else is in this position? What have you heard?

Thanks.

at least you have an email. I have been waiting through 3 updates now with nothing to show for it

that said, as far as I can tell, a hold is an in if the counterpart doesnt come in. Like, two people (A and B) are roughly the same and the school wants both, but cant. They offer A the spot, and B the hold. if A goes in, B is waitlisted. If A doesn't, B is in

A waitlist puts you with everybody else

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:11 pm

zaw wrote:Status update changed yesterday (3/4) and I just got the email stating that "the admissions committee has completed its review of your application, but has not yet made a decision. Your file is still active and we will continue to keep it under consideration. In late April or early May, we will have a clearer idea of how many seats are still available, if any. If we have additional space in the class, we will do a second review of your file and we may extend an offer of admission to you at that time. If you are not admitted after a second review, your file may be denied or added to a waitlist. "

Thanks.
I just got this too. Weird. Well I might withdraw. Late April is a long time to wait.

Bobalou

Bronze

Post by Bobalou » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:37 pm

I got this today too, my first reponse from any school. Hoping for some better news over the next few weeks.

the_rad_trad

New

Post by the_rad_trad » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:00 pm

Got that email today too. Though, I'll be waiting on all of the other schools till then too, and I'd really like to go to L&C.

heckyes

New

Post by heckyes » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:08 pm

For those who are interested-I got my financial aid award letter today from Lewis and Clark. I filled out my FAFSA very early on, but it was still nice to get an award letter so early on. Now I know how much debt I am going to accrue over three years!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TWoodWil

Bronze

Post by TWoodWil » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:36 pm

heckyes wrote:For those who are interested-I got my financial aid award letter today from Lewis and Clark. I filled out my FAFSA very early on, but it was still nice to get an award letter so early on. Now I know how much debt I am going to accrue over three years!
Received it today as well. Unfortunately, it has put into writing the sad fact that L&C isn't giving money to keep it a competitive option for me. I shall be withdrawing soon.

ozarkhack

Bronze

Post by ozarkhack » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:19 pm

I reckon I'm in.

After 3 weeks of forcing the issue, I finally got into the admitted students site 5 minutes ago. No mail confirmation or anything has come yet. But I assume this isn't a glitch.

My 3rd "complete" update on status checker was 2/25 (i.e., last Thursday).

barga24

New

Post by barga24 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:57 am

ozarkhack wrote:I reckon I'm in.

After 3 weeks of forcing the issue, I finally got into the admitted students site 5 minutes ago. No mail confirmation or anything has come yet. But I assume this isn't a glitch.

My 3rd "complete" update on status checker was 2/25 (i.e., last Thursday).
congrats

barga24

New

Post by barga24 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:10 am

also, was that your third update?
A lot of people updated on 2/25 were able to get in today. So, I assume that it means the week later you are in

i was 2/26 and 3/2, so will test this theory next week

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ozarkhack

Bronze

Post by ozarkhack » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:32 pm

barga24 wrote:also, was that your third update?
A lot of people updated on 2/25 were able to get in today. So, I assume that it means the week later you are in

2/25 was my third update. I couldn't access the site that day or seven days later. But behold: on the eighth day, it came to pass. And it was good.

algren

Bronze

Post by algren » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:58 pm

ozarkhack wrote:
barga24 wrote:also, was that your third update?

2/25 was my third update. I couldn't access the site that day or seven days later. But behold: on the eighth day, it came to pass. And it was good.
Congrats Ozark!

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:21 pm

With this weird hold thing, should I send a LOCI to them? If I don't get in to UW, L&C is my top choice...

algren

Bronze

Post by algren » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:29 pm

akili wrote:With this weird hold thing, should I send a LOCI to them? If I don't get in to UW, L&C is my top choice...
I had this situation with UGA. I called them and they said sending along an LOCI or another recommendation is completely fine. I guess the way to think about it is, "can this hurt?" and I think the answer is no. As long as you are courteous, write your letter, and otherwise don't make a pest of yourself, I'm sure it won't hurt and could even help!

I ended up sending a LOCI (kind of casually, in the form of an email) and informed admissions through that letter that a supervisor would be sending along an additional recommendation on my behalf.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jimicornerstone

New

Post by jimicornerstone » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Got a large envelope in the mail today, I'm in! L & C is one of my top choices so I'm definitely psyched. I got the letter about running out of scholarship money and that they will reevaluate in late April, that'll probably be the deciding factor.

I read that some of you got travel vouchers. There was nothing in my acceptance packet to that end; was this where you found it? Do you think there's a chance they'll give me one if I contact admissions?

haider

New

Post by haider » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:57 pm

algren wrote:
akili wrote:With this weird hold thing, should I send a LOCI to them? If I don't get in to UW, L&C is my top choice...
I had this situation with UGA. I called them and they said sending along an LOCI or another recommendation is completely fine. I guess the way to think about it is, "can this hurt?" and I think the answer is no. As long as you are courteous, write your letter, and otherwise don't make a pest of yourself, I'm sure it won't hurt and could even help!

I ended up sending a LOCI (kind of casually, in the form of an email) and informed admissions through that letter that a supervisor would be sending along an additional recommendation on my behalf.
What e-mail address did you send the LOCI to?

zaw

New

Post by zaw » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:09 pm

For all those "on hold" admissions told me this today:
"At this time we do not have a formal wait list established. Your file has been initially reviewed by the committee and no final decision has been made so it is basically on "hold". After our April 15th 1st seat deposit deadline, the committee will assess whether there is additional space in the class at that time. If so, they will do second reviews on applicants with your status and may admit some folks then. If it appears there is no space available, we will be in touch asking if you are interested in being added to our wait list as we will be establishing an official wait list at that point. Final decisions will hinge on space availability in the class after mid April."

algren

Bronze

Post by algren » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:31 pm

haider wrote:
algren wrote:

What e-mail address did you send the LOCI to?
See the bolded, I didn't send one to L&C, I was accepted there. I was just trying to say that in general, its probably not a bad idea to do so if you're on any kind of waitlist.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”