Lewis & Clark 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Bobalou

Bronze

Re: Lewis & Clark 2010

Post by Bobalou » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:45 am

Is there anyone out there that got the "we haven't made a decision yet" email that has heard anything beyond that from them?

km23

Bronze

Post by km23 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:02 am

Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ozarkhack

Bronze

Post by ozarkhack » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:06 pm

Sigh.

Just put my withdrawal letter in the mail. I also e-mailed the admissions office, so hopefully that'll help 'em move the offer (and $10K/year) to a worthy WLer first thing Friday morning.

Good luck all.

Norwood

Bronze

Post by Norwood » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:58 am

Will also be withdrawing from L&C. Looks like a great school in a great city, however, I'm choosing to stay in SF since I plan on practicing in this region in the future.

Good luck.

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:10 am

Visited today, love the campus, not a fan of the atmosphere. Also, if you're on here, girl in class who was playing games on facebook and forgot to mute her laptop.....seriously???

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bobalou

Bronze

Post by Bobalou » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:07 pm

primusux wrote: Also, if you're on here, girl in class who was playing games on facebook and forgot to mute her laptop.....seriously???
Hehehe, I had a similar response at a Contracts class that I sat in on at another school. I Could not believe how many of the laptops had Facebook up.

banalname

New

Post by banalname » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:44 pm

anyone hear back about $$$ reconsideration? presumably they'll let us know somewhere between 4/15 and 5/1--any guesses?

ccs224

Bronze

Post by ccs224 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:20 pm

With a lot of hesitation, I sent in my withdrawal today. Hope my spot and scholarship goes to someone out there who deserves it - someone who'll enjoy the most beautiful law school campus I've ever seen!

SamSeaborn2016

Bronze

Post by SamSeaborn2016 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:44 pm

banalname wrote:anyone hear back about $$$ reconsideration? presumably they'll let us know somewhere between 4/15 and 5/1--any guesses?
I haven't heard anything back yet but they did tell me they would be making reconsiderations during the 4/15-5/2 window. They've been really responsive to all the questions I've had.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sophistry

Bronze

Post by sophistry » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:16 pm

ccs224 wrote:With a lot of hesitation, I sent in my withdrawal today. Hope my spot and scholarship goes to someone out there who deserves it - someone who'll enjoy the most beautiful law school campus I've ever seen!
Sad to see you go, but you really can't turn down that GW scholarship!
SamSeaborn2016 wrote:
banalname wrote:anyone hear back about $$$ reconsideration? presumably they'll let us know somewhere between 4/15 and 5/1--any guesses?
I haven't heard anything back yet but they did tell me they would be making reconsiderations during the 4/15-5/2 window. They've been really responsive to all the questions I've had.
I really hope they're not jerking us around. I'm trying to prepare myself for getting zero or a "token" scholarship. Unfortunately, no scholarship = no L&C for me...

Has anyone met someone or know stats on how many people got late-cycle scholarships last year? With all the withdraws on LSN, I know scholarships were returned. The question is whether they are going to redistribute all of it. (I frankly can't believe they would.)

Who else here is waiting on scholarship information to make a decision? Do you think you will you go even without a scholarship?

JSabalbaro

New

Post by JSabalbaro » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:49 pm

sophistry wrote:
ccs224 wrote:With a lot of hesitation, I sent in my withdrawal today. Hope my spot and scholarship goes to someone out there who deserves it - someone who'll enjoy the most beautiful law school campus I've ever seen!
SamSeaborn2016 wrote:
I really hope they're not jerking us around. I'm trying to prepare myself for getting zero or a "token" scholarship. Unfortunately, no scholarship = no L&C for me...

Has anyone met someone or know stats on how many people got late-cycle scholarships last year? With all the withdraws on LSN, I know scholarships were returned. The question is whether they are going to redistribute all of it. (I frankly can't believe they would.)

Who else here is waiting on scholarship information to make a decision? Do you think you will you go even without a scholarship?

I talked to them today just to make sure that my deposit deadline was really 5/02, and they said that they will probably start redistributing scholarships by the end of next week up until the first week of May. I probably will not be attending L&C unless I get some $$.

SamSeaborn2016

Bronze

Post by SamSeaborn2016 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:03 pm

JSabalbaro wrote:
sophistry wrote:
SamSeaborn2016 wrote:

I talked to them today just to make sure that my deposit deadline was really 5/02, and they said that they will probably start redistributing scholarships by the end of next week up until the first week of May. I probably will not be attending L&C unless I get some $$.
I have my e-mail confirming the 5/2 deadline. I'm local and likely attending regardless but I'd feel like a fool if I didn't try to get a bit of scholly money and reduce my costs.

erniesto

Bronze

Post by erniesto » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:33 pm

JSabalbaro wrote:
sophistry wrote:
SamSeaborn2016 wrote:

+1

L+C could easily be my top choice, but they have to throw some money at me to overcome my doubts about salaries coming out of the school and the risky cross-country move.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:53 am

Just withdrew from L&C with a 10k/yr scholarship. I hope this will help out someone who could use the money. Best of luck to everyone and enjoy Portland!

Hey-O

Silver

Post by Hey-O » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:07 pm

Lewis Clark is a beautiful campus in a great city. I just withdrew because I had no scholly so good luck to whoever gets my spot!

arundodonax

New

Post by arundodonax » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:21 am

Has anyone heard about scholarship reconsideration yet? The extended deadline is quickly approaching.

Also, an interesting posting here:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... ewis+clark
JOThompson wrote:
Hey-O wrote:Lewis and Clark is a great school with a beautiful campus and it doesn't rain as much as Seattle.
Well regarded in Portland, but the legal market here is tiny and somewhat hurting. Anecdotal evidence, but I know two ~median LC grads who were desperate enough to turn to Craigslist for employment.
Nothing I haven't heard before, but still, each bit of bad news is daunting.

Izzle13

New

Post by Izzle13 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:28 am

Withdrew today, I hope one of y'all gets my spot. Best of luck everyone!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SamSeaborn2016

Bronze

Post by SamSeaborn2016 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:39 pm

I haven't heard anything regarding scholarship reconsideration yet but the deadline was on Thursday so I imagine they would start putting their list of people who didn't deposit together today and tomorrow and start freeing up money. I was told I would be contacted before the end of April. I'm not super worried since they have an online payment system for seat deposits.

kswiss

Bronze

Post by kswiss » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Held-->Waitlist today. Shit.

They said they don't have any seats available, but I don't know if that's just to make me feel good. At least I'm in with $$ at UO, I would just rather live in Portland.

skamike

New

Post by skamike » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:40 pm

kswiss wrote:Held-->Waitlist today. Shit.

They said they don't have any seats available, but I don't know if that's just to make me feel good. At least I'm in with $$ at UO, I would just rather live in Portland.
I just got waitlisted as well. Although, to be honest, it sounded like a flat out rejection, followed by a waitlist as an afterthought.

The contents of the email:
Dear skamike,

The admissions committee has completed its review of your application. At this time, we are unable to make any additional offers of admission. We will continue to keep your file under consideration on a waitlist through the summer should space become available. Please know that further decisions may be made anytime between early May and late August. We understand this may be too long for you to wait. Therefore, we are giving you the opportunity to let us know if you are seriously interested in being considered over the summer months.

Please let us know your preference by filling out this form by April 30:

http://pitywaitlistthatwearentgoingtotakeyouoffof.com

If we do not hear from you by the deadline, your application will be withdrawn from consideration. We thank you for your patience and cooperation throughout this process.

Sincerely,

Shannon L. Davis
Assistant Dean of Admissions

km23

Bronze

Post by km23 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:02 pm

/
Last edited by km23 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kswiss

Bronze

Post by kswiss » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:47 pm

skamike wrote:
kswiss wrote:Held-->Waitlist today. Shit.

I just got waitlisted as well. Although, to be honest, it sounded like a flat out rejection, followed by a waitlist as an afterthought.

The contents of the email:
Dear skamike,

The admissions committee has completed its review of your application. At this time, we are unable to make any additional offers of admission. We will continue to keep your file under consideration on a waitlist through the summer should space become available. Please know that further decisions may be made anytime between early May and late August. We understand this may be too long for you to wait. Therefore, we are giving you the opportunity to let us know if you are seriously interested in being considered over the summer months.

Please let us know your preference by filling out this form by April 30:

http://pitywaitlistthatwearentgoingtotakeyouoffof.com

If we do not hear from you by the deadline, your application will be withdrawn from consideration. We thank you for your patience and cooperation throughout this process.

Sincerely,

Shannon L. Davis
Assistant Dean of Admissions
I took it as it didn't really matter whether they would take you or not because they are over-deposited. People will have to withdraw for anyone to get another spot.

We'll see if anyone gets in off the hold list though, and we'll know if they're full of shit.

lchopeful

New

Post by lchopeful » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:23 pm

Waitlisted.

sophistry

Bronze

Post by sophistry » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:03 pm

For those of you who just got waitlisted, I wouldn't freak out just yet. If you didn't catch it from the above posts, a large group of us had our deposit deadlines extended to May 2nd. That's why they don't have any seats open yet. Many of us are holding out for scholarship reconsideration. If they are stingy on scholarships, you can bet that many of us, myself included, will withdraw. Send that LOCI now if you haven't yet!

Speaking of scholarship reconsideration, I haven't heard a peep. Come on L&C!

plurban

New

Post by plurban » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:42 pm

I've done some lurking in this forum but this is my first post. My experience has been like many people here...received hold email about six weeks ago, received waitlist email today. I'm inclined to agree with the sentiment that they're over-deposited and will pull from our pool as people withdraw. The email felt to me like a typical waitlist email, not a rejection. If they wanted to reject us outright they've had endless opportunities to do that. Some of us who received that email will make it. We just have no way of knowing how likely that is without more information. I'm making other plans, but also putting this one on the back burner with a fairly optimistic feeling about it. Good luck everybody. Deep breath.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”