In at NYU!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
forza

Re: In at NYU!!

Postby forza » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Other AnBryce finalists... where are y'all going for your interview?

Any other D.C.'ers wanna meet up this weekend (isn't there a big group dinner anyway)?

scribelaw

Postby scribelaw » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:43 pm

Looking forward to the ASW this week.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling I'm looking at sticker at NYU, though. $210,000 is a lot to borrow.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Ditto on both counts. I really should check the schedule for Thursday, I suppose. Registrations noon to one, yeah?

CG614

Postby CG614 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:09 pm

Anyone get additional information from them on the ASW this week? Their e-mail that is sent to confirm your registration said that there will be more information sent. I have not received anything.

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Nothing here. I guess they'll send something out later today or tomorrow. It really is getting late to be giving us more info, though. Whatever, even if they don't tell us anything, I'll show up in the Village and wander around outside of the law school buildings until I figure out what to do, haha.

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:15 pm

forza wrote:Other AnBryce finalists... where are y'all going for your interview?

Any other D.C.'ers wanna meet up this weekend (isn't there a big group dinner anyway)?

I'll be at the dinner. Are you super nervous about the interview?

forza

Postby forza » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:49 pm

Anastasia Dee Dualla wrote:
forza wrote:Other AnBryce finalists... where are y'all going for your interview?

Not yet. Ask me again on Thursday :lol:

Just be real, ya know? If there ever was a be real program, AnBryce is it.

CG614

Postby CG614 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:55 pm

forza wrote:

Don't be TOO REAL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI2RT1zDVLw

monkeygirl

Postby monkeygirl » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:04 pm

forza wrote:

I'll be there! I'm a bit nervous, but we'll see what happens, I guess.

jsbr1114

Postby jsbr1114 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:34 pm

CG614 wrote:Anyone get additional information from them on the ASW this week? Their e-mail that is sent to confirm your registration said that there will be more information sent. I have not received anything.

I was told that we will receive an email tomorrow with the additional information.

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:51 pm

Edited

ferris1127

Postby ferris1127 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:41 am

still no hour by hour schedule!! if someone who attended the first ASW would scan or email me a short typed version of the hour by hour schedule I would be really really grateful. also need a recommendation of sessions that were less informative/beneficial because I have other obligations while I'm in NY too, and its a long way for me to travel!

pleasepleasepleaseplease!!! i will pay you, or buy you drinks.

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:06 pm

ferris1127 wrote:still no hour by hour schedule!! if someone who attended the first ASW would scan or email me a short typed version of the hour by hour schedule I would be really really grateful. also need a recommendation of sessions that were less informative/beneficial because I have other obligations while I'm in NY too, and its a long way for me to travel!

Check your email. They just sent it.

superberry

Postby superberry » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:10 pm

Guess this is likely early, but is anyone trying to avoid the dorms and looking for a roommate? Ideally I would like to not live in those boxed 'apartments', but will be new to NY (although I have lived there in the past) and will be looking for a place...thought would throw it out there to those in the same situation...

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:36 pm

BenJ wrote:
ferris1127 wrote:still no hour by hour schedule!! if someone who attended the first ASW would scan or email me a short typed version of the hour by hour schedule I would be really really grateful. also need a recommendation of sessions that were less informative/beneficial because I have other obligations while I'm in NY too, and its a long way for me to travel!

Heh, I responded with the same thing, then deleted it when I realized the e-mail doesn't contain a true schedule. It's probably fine for getting a rough idea of what's going on, but not for planning a tight schedule.

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:43 pm

clintonius wrote:
BenJ wrote:

Heh, I responded with the same thing, then deleted it when I realized the e-mail doesn't contain a true schedule. It's probably fine for getting a rough idea of what's going on, but not for planning a tight schedule.

Hmmm... You're right. Well, when ferris first posted, the email hadn't been sent yet, so at least it gives some idea of what will be going on.

forza

Postby forza » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:47 pm

I think I speak for everybody when I say: Greenwich Village kicks ass! Great weekend at NYU.

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:32 pm

So my best friend just got offered a Roots scholarship. Anybody else hear about theirs?

Laina

Postby Laina » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:03 am

clintonius wrote:So my best friend just got offered a Roots scholarship. Anybody else hear about theirs?

Seriously? Those interviews were today! Are you sure they actually got offered the scholarship, and didn't just interview for it?

wackadoodle

Postby wackadoodle » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:47 am

Yeah they definitely couldve made offers already- I was interviewed and haven't heard anything :( but I think they have to make initial offers by Monday so people can respond by Thursday

clintonius

Postby clintonius » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Yeah, the interviews were finished at 1:30 and they called her at 7:30 with an offer. Wackadoodle, best of luck to you and everybody else waiting!

Laina

Postby Laina » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:33 pm

clintonius wrote:Yeah, the interviews were finished at 1:30 and they called her at 7:30 with an offer. Wackadoodle, best of luck to you and everybody else waiting!

Wow, congrats to her! And thanks for letting us know. I met quite a few RTK finalists this weekend, and you are all super impressive. Best of luck.

carterth

Postby carterth » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:59 am

For those of you who asked for an extension of the 4/2 deadline for scholarship recipients, what email address did you use to contact them? I emailed the financial aid office several days ago and haven't heard back... just wanted to make sure I didn't contact the wrong people.

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:24 am

carterth wrote:For those of you who asked for an extension of the 4/2 deadline for scholarship recipients, what email address did you use to contact them? I emailed the financial aid office several days ago and haven't heard back... just wanted to make sure I didn't contact the wrong people.

I emailed FinAid. I would guess that they'll you that they're processing your request today or tomorrow. That's about how long it took them to get to me initially.

Dtackpat75

Postby Dtackpat75 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:37 am

Has anyone actually receieved an extension yet? Or heard back whether or not they are getting one?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”