I asked, no answer yet - i'll let you know what they tell me[/quote]
Is anyone writing to other schools (particularly schools that have treated you oddly and have already had six months to make a decision) to let them know that if they want you, they'd better hurry it up?[/quote]
I just sent this letter to Harvard, but only because I have a pending scholarship at another school. I was also the weakest sauce when actually making the request. If I could have sent the request in 3pt font, I would have.[/quote]
Haha. Columbia says that they can't tell me a specific timeline (which is an irksome response in and of itself because I didn't ask for a timeline - I notified them of a deadline) but that I am welcome to call as the deadline approaches and ask if a decision has been mailed. Technically, the deadline "approaches" with every second of every day, so they dug their own grave with that one.
(j/k... I'll give it a couple of weeks.)[/quote]
Wow that sucks I guess I am going to get the same response. Anyone else feel like we are in the middle of a game of chicken between NYU and it's peer schools i.e Columbia. Not loving it.