In at NYU!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TheWire

Re: In at NYU!!

Postby TheWire » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:08 pm

Snail mail or e-mail PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE???????????????????????

c0rpusdelicti

Postby c0rpusdelicti » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:10 pm

TheWire wrote:Snail mail or e-mail PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE???????????????????????

Email.

Mine's in Oakland. What up?

summerschooled

Postby summerschooled » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:11 pm

lz06 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
lz06 wrote:FYI for anyone who needs travel stipends, I applied for one (you just email them and fill out the financial aid form) just for the hell of it and they're actually giving me one. While I don't have a lot of money, my parents make a lot so I didn't think I'd get one.. anyways for anyone in this situation it's definitely worth trying! They give up to $300.

Where do we do this?

I emailed them and they told me to fill out the financial aid form (the one thats used for need based aid) and then to email them back saying what ASW I was going to and whether or not I was getting a travel subsidy from any other school for that weekend (which I'm not). They got back to me the next day.

Who did you e-mail? The admissions office?

discobabe

Postby discobabe » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:13 pm

crackberry wrote:Any news on the Law Scholars programs?

+1

I called the admissions office today to gauge the wait on the Law Scholars programs, the only response I could get was that "the scholarship committee is reviewing your application." No help from their end.

lz06

Postby lz06 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:16 pm

summerschooled wrote:
lz06 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
lz06 wrote:FYI for anyone who needs travel stipends, I applied for one (you just email them and fill out the financial aid form) just for the hell of it and they're actually giving me one. While I don't have a lot of money, my parents make a lot so I didn't think I'd get one.. anyways for anyone in this situation it's definitely worth trying! They give up to $300.

Where do we do this?

I emailed them and they told me to fill out the financial aid form (the one thats used for need based aid) and then to email them back saying what ASW I was going to and whether or not I was getting a travel subsidy from any other school for that weekend (which I'm not). They got back to me the next day.

Who did you e-mail? The admissions office?

Financial Aid office

summerschooled

Postby summerschooled » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:17 pm

lz06 wrote:Financial Aid office

Great, thanks.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:23 pm

scribelaw wrote:
crackberry wrote:
runnerman wrote:All of them? I haven't even been accepted yet but was really hoping that I would at least be considered for a scholarship (and did get my application in just in time)...

I don't think all of them have gone out, but some definitely have.

Where did you hear this?

I haven't seen anyone on TLS talking about getting this invite yet..

Hmmm, maybe I'm misremembering. I could have sworn Booby got one, but apparently not. You're probably right.

highprofessionalism

Postby highprofessionalism » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:56 pm

crackberry wrote:
scribelaw wrote:
crackberry wrote:
runnerman wrote:All of them? I haven't even been accepted yet but was really hoping that I would at least be considered for a scholarship (and did get my application in just in time)...

I don't think all of them have gone out, but some definitely have.

Where did you hear this?

I haven't seen anyone on TLS talking about getting this invite yet..

Hmmm, maybe I'm misremembering. I could have sworn Booby got one, but apparently not. You're probably right.

No, no. Crackberry, you are right. Scribe, you are wrong. I wrote ITT (a couple of pages ago) that I got an RTK interview. I was called on Wednesday, February 17th, 2010 at around 4 pm EST. Yep.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:58 pm

highprofessionalism wrote:No, no. Crackberry, you are right. Scribe, you are wrong. I wrote ITT (a couple of pages ago) that I got an RTK interview. I was called on Wednesday, February 17th, 2010 at around 4 pm EST. Yep.

Yes! I don't have amnesia!

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:08 pm

Looks like two RTK finalists on TLS have been contacted. Kumba84 and highprofessionalism:

highprofessionalism wrote:
kumba84 wrote:Has anyone heard back about the RTK and other named scholarships yet? I received an email yesterday inviting me to interview but haven't seen anyone else posting about it.

Yep. I got a call at around 4 pm last Wednesday (2/17) inviting me to interview for the RTK.

highprofessionalism

Postby highprofessionalism » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:23 pm

crackberry wrote:
highprofessionalism wrote:No, no. Crackberry, you are right. Scribe, you are wrong. I wrote ITT (a couple of pages ago) that I got an RTK interview. I was called on Wednesday, February 17th, 2010 at around 4 pm EST. Yep.

Crackberry for the win! :mrgreen:

scribelaw

Postby scribelaw » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:46 pm

crackberry wrote:

Indeed. Never doubt Crackberry.

However, I would think if a wave of RTK invites went out, more than one TLSer would've gotten word.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:50 pm

scribelaw wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Indeed. Never doubt Crackberry.

However, I would think if a wave of RTK invites went out, more than one TLSer would've gotten word.

There were two. Highprofessionalism and Kumba84 (see my embedded quote a few posts up). His/her original post was on page 16, indicating an email invite on 2/17.

nattybro

Postby nattybro » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:54 pm

Pretty certain there are more coming

wackadoodle

Postby wackadoodle » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:00 pm

nattybro wrote:Pretty certain there are more coming

Did anyone else apply for the tfa one?

nattybro

Postby nattybro » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:06 pm

wackadoodle wrote:
nattybro wrote:Pretty certain there are more coming

Did anyone else apply for the tfa one?

I applied for both

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:10 pm

Oh NYU, how I love you. :lol:

ankit

Postby ankit » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:14 pm

I think the finalist e-mails for the Academic Scholars Program would probably be later, as these scholarships don't require interviews. In previous years, these e-mails have followed the RTK/Ann-Bryce interview invites. Anyway if anyone hears about any of these, please shout!:)

tintin

Postby tintin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:55 am

hey, does anyone know how easy / hard it would be to sneak having a cat if one was living in a studio / 1brm in the student housing?

nixxers

Postby nixxers » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:22 am

tintin wrote:hey, does anyone know how easy / hard it would be to sneak having a cat if one was living in a studio / 1brm in the student housing?

NOOOOOOOOOOO hold out for SLS with me Tintin!!!!!!!

tintin

Postby tintin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:25 am

nixxers wrote:
tintin wrote:hey, does anyone know how easy / hard it would be to sneak having a cat if one was living in a studio / 1brm in the student housing?

every day i wake up hoping for a phonecall from SLS and every day they disappoint....its wearing me down, i don't think i can take it much longer!!!!

nixxers

Postby nixxers » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:42 am

tintin wrote:
nixxers wrote:

every day i wake up hoping for a phonecall from SLS and every day they disappoint....its wearing me down, i don't think i can take it much longer!!!!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

......... me too. i understand. :(

pleasepickme

Postby pleasepickme » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:47 am

nixxers wrote:
tintin wrote:
nixxers wrote:

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

......... me too. i understand. :(

+100000. Me too. It's the first thing I do when I wake up, and every 10 minutes after that until I go to sleep. Every 5 minutes on Tuesdays and Fridays.

tintin

Postby tintin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:56 am

hahah, we are all kinda pathetic huh?

srsly tho, can anyone answer my cat question? I can't leave this face behind:

--ImageRemoved--

kumba84

Postby kumba84 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:01 am

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”