In at NYU!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crackberry

Gold

Re: In at NYU!!

Post by crackberry » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:13 am

What about the Environmental Law Scholars Program? Any word?

mospina

New

Post by mospina » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:47 am

has anyone heard about the AnBryce Scholarships for 2010??

Series70

New

Post by Series70 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:48 am

I got accepted back in December, and still haven't received my "Big Book" and Faculty Profile book. Meanwhile, Columbia accepted me in late January, and has sent me a ton of additional info. Is there anyone else in a similar situation? Should I contact the school or something?

Sogui

Silver

Post by Sogui » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:45 am

Series70 wrote:I got accepted back in December, and still haven't received my "Big Book" and Faculty Profile book. Meanwhile, Columbia accepted me in late January, and has sent me a ton of additional info. Is there anyone else in a similar situation? Should I contact the school or something?
Don't sweat it, I was in a similar position... NYU first and Columbia later. Columbia gave me all their stuff fast.

I just got the NYU book and faculty book on Friday. I was accepted on 1/21 for NYU.

bluedolphins

New

Post by bluedolphins » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:48 am

Series70 wrote:I got accepted back in December, and still haven't received my "Big Book" and Faculty Profile book. Meanwhile, Columbia accepted me in late January, and has sent me a ton of additional info. Is there anyone else in a similar situation? Should I contact the school or something?
+1. I don't know whether it is because my address is international or not... When do people usually get their "Big Book" and Faculty Profile book?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

monkeygirl

New

Post by monkeygirl » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:30 pm

FWIW, I had to talk to the financial aid office on Friday for another reason (ridiculously complicated family financial situation) and I asked them, in passing, if all of the merit aid had been distributed already.

The person I spoke to assured me that there was more to come-there is hope for all of us!!

babaghanouj

Bronze

Post by babaghanouj » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:49 pm

monkeygirl wrote:FWIW, I had to talk to the financial aid office on Friday for another reason (ridiculously complicated family financial situation) and I asked them, in passing, if all of the merit aid had been distributed already.

The person I spoke to assured me that there was more to come-there is hope for all of us!!
All? I wasn't aware that any aid had been distributed yet...

highprofessionalism

New

Post by highprofessionalism » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:49 pm

kumba84 wrote:Has anyone heard back about the RTK and other named scholarships yet? I received an email yesterday inviting me to interview but haven't seen anyone else posting about it.

Yep. I got a call at around 4 pm last Wednesday (2/17) inviting me to interview for the RTK.

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:52 pm

babaghanouj wrote:
monkeygirl wrote:FWIW, I had to talk to the financial aid office on Friday for another reason (ridiculously complicated family financial situation) and I asked them, in passing, if all of the merit aid had been distributed already.

As far as I'm aware, none has. All that's happened have been invitations to apply for the Dean's scholarships and for interviews for the named scholarships.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wackadoodle

New

Post by wackadoodle » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:03 pm

BenJ wrote:
babaghanouj wrote:

As far as I'm aware, none has. All that's happened have been invitations to apply for the Dean's scholarships and for interviews for the named scholarships.

Anyone know if all of the rtk finalists have been contacted? Aka is it time to be super dissapointed? Is the rtk more numbers focused or based on sifts/ the essays?

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:38 pm

wackadoodle wrote:
BenJ wrote:
babaghanouj wrote:

Anyone know if all of the rtk finalists have been contacted? Aka is it time to be super dissapointed? Is the rtk more numbers focused or based on sifts/ the essays?
No clue, sorry. All I know is that some finalists have been contacted. You might try calling them and asking.

mwazaumoja

New

Post by mwazaumoja » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:07 am

Start hitting up every top 14 school for money.

Say things like 'I'm very interested in school x, but cost is a major issue, and school y is closer/cheaper/etc." You'd be surprised how much money you might be able to negotiate up to. Also, once you get your first offer, send it to other schools and see what they give you.

Although the admissions offices are in contact with each other, they are quick to match each other's offers. I got one school to completely match my offer by another school, just by making them aware of it.

nattybro

Bronze

Post by nattybro » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:20 pm

Just RSVPed for the upcoming admitted students days. Gotta love an excuse to get back to nyc for a long weekend.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:35 pm

Anyone hear today on being a finalist for the RTK?

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Silver

Post by Anastasia Dee Dualla » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:21 pm

Anyone hear from AnBryce yet?

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:49 pm

nattybro wrote:Just RSVPed for the upcoming admitted students days. Gotta love an excuse to get back to nyc for a long weekend.
Me too!! Who else is coming March 4th/5th?

babaghanouj

Bronze

Post by babaghanouj » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:26 pm

I'll be there March 5th!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:20 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Mon May 02, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monkeygirl

New

Post by monkeygirl » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:53 am

FINALLY sent in the financial aid application yesterday. bleah.

BTW, I apologize to the group for being so unclear a few days ago. when I spoke to the NYU financial aid folks, they told me that only some of the finalists had been contacted so far, not that only some of the $$ had been awarded.

My fault for stirring up a small flurry here--please forgive me :oops: .
Last edited by monkeygirl on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:59 pm

babaghanouj wrote:I'll be there March 5th!
Me too! I think I'll be at CLS the 3rd & 4th.

coollegemex

Bronze

Post by coollegemex » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:45 pm

Shouldn't we be hearing about AnBryce this week? I remember reading late feb as the notification time for finalist...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bluedolphins

New

Post by bluedolphins » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:50 pm

coollegemex wrote:Shouldn't we be hearing about AnBryce this week? I remember reading late feb as the notification time for finalist...
I really hope so. I need to make plans for my next two months and it depends a lot on whether I will get an interview or not...

Anastasia Dee Dualla

Silver

Post by Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:53 pm

bluedolphins wrote:
coollegemex wrote:Shouldn't we be hearing about AnBryce this week? I remember reading late feb as the notification time for finalist...
I really hope so. I need to make plans for my next two months and it depends a lot on whether I will get an interview or not...
I know...

b0dylanguage

New

Post by b0dylanguage » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:11 pm

For those that have been invited to apply for a merit-based scholarship: was there a specific application for this? Or is filling out the generic financial aid application sufficient? Honestly, I found the letter inviting me to apply a bit ambiguous.

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:12 pm

b0dylanguage wrote:For those that have been invited to apply for a merit-based scholarship: was there a specific application for this? Or is filling out the generic financial aid application sufficient? Honestly, I found the letter inviting me to apply a bit ambiguous.
It's just the generic application!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”