In at NYU!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
clintonius

Silver

Re: In at NYU!!

Post by clintonius » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Anybody else unable to log on to the admitted students page? I can still view my finaid award if I click the direct link from their e-mail, but I can no longer get past the login page on the regular site.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:24 pm

clintonius wrote:Anybody else unable to log on to the admitted students page? I can still view my finaid award if I click the direct link from their e-mail, but I can no longer get past the login page on the regular site.
Clintonius,

I am sorry, your acceptance has been revoked. Thank you.

Sincereley,

NYU Law Admissions

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:31 pm

/killself

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:34 pm

P.S., You can apply to transfer in next year if you'd like.

(It's working for me.)

democrattotheend

Bronze

Post by democrattotheend » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:37 pm

legalnoeagle wrote:
neimanmarxist wrote:I submitted my appeal. I also asked for an extension, no go.
I think I might have to contact admissions on Monday morning in order to get them to process the appeal before I have to deposit.
Anyone else have the 4/19 scholly deadline? that means we have all day Monday, right?

Yes. But I got drunk on Thursday night and came home and deposited, so um, yeah.
LOL. If it makes you feel any better, I wasn't even drunk, and I impulsively accepted my (relatively low) award after having decided over the weekend that I was going to UVA. I don't know what possessed me to change my mind. But I'm excited about NYU. Looking forward to meeting you next year.

Come post in the NYU Class of 2013 post and the Facebook group. Both are anemic. We need more participants.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:39 pm

clintonius wrote:Anybody else unable to log on to the admitted students page? I can still view my finaid award if I click the direct link from their e-mail, but I can no longer get past the login page on the regular site.
That happened to me yesterday. The freakout was epic.
It'll start working again.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:00 pm

That happened to me a few months ago...I ended up severely freaking out and changing my password. It should start working shortly (if it hasn't already).

Lmao Zedong

Bronze

Post by Lmao Zedong » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:36 pm

got a 75k offer from NYU today!

despite having withdrawn a week ago

clintonius

Silver

Post by clintonius » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 pm

Dude. Ask them to forward 1/3 of that to me. I will write you a poem. 2/3 gets you a short story. All 75k gets my body. Dripping with chocolate sauce.*

*Or caramel. I'm not picky.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

democrattotheend

Bronze

Post by democrattotheend » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:51 am

Lmao Zedong wrote:got a 75k offer from NYU today!

Can I have it? Please?

despite having withdrawn a week ago

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:43 pm

How long after sending your deposit did it take NYU to acknowledge that you existed? I submitted mine almost two weeks ago, and I've heard nothing. The $615 charge definitely went through my Amex, but I'm starting to get a wee bit worried...

Sakura3210

Bronze

Post by Sakura3210 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:58 pm

legalnoeagle wrote:How long after sending your deposit did it take NYU to acknowledge that you existed? I submitted mine almost two weeks ago, and I've heard nothing. The $615 charge definitely went through my Amex, but I'm starting to get a wee bit worried...
No worries - my memory's kind of fuzzy, but I remember it taking considerably more than the "10 days" they had stated. Did you get an e-mail from the credit card charging service after paying?

legalnoeagle

Bronze

Post by legalnoeagle » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:47 pm

Sakura3210 wrote:
legalnoeagle wrote:How long after sending your deposit did it take NYU to acknowledge that you existed? I submitted mine almost two weeks ago, and I've heard nothing. The $615 charge definitely went through my Amex, but I'm starting to get a wee bit worried...
No worries - my memory's kind of fuzzy, but I remember it taking considerably more than the "10 days" they had stated. Did you get an e-mail from the credit card charging service after paying?

Yep.
So basically I should chill out?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:00 pm

legalnoeagle wrote:
Sakura3210 wrote:

Yep.
So basically I should chill out?
Yeah, they took a minute with me too. 13 days, I think.

abitaman6363

Bronze

Post by abitaman6363 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:00 am

Hi there!

I'm taking a final journey through Pakistan before the trials of NYU law hit and was seeking some help before I pack off to a smaller village with no internet for the next few weeks.

I've applied for housing already (including deposit) and submitted my parents' tax information. What else do I need to do before orientation? When are applications for those hefty, hefty loans due?

Thanks in advance for the info!

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:45 am

abitaman6363 wrote:Hi there!

I'm taking a final journey through Pakistan before the trials of NYU law hit and was seeking some help before I pack off to a smaller village with no internet for the next few weeks.

I've applied for housing already (including deposit) and submitted my parents' tax information. What else do I need to do before orientation? When are applications for those hefty, hefty loans due?

Thanks in advance for the info!
I think loan applications are due by the end of July? Join us over here (http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 25&t=98705) for more comprehensive discussion!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”