In at NYU!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
owhlcn

Bronze

Re: In at NYU!!

Post by owhlcn » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:44 pm

democrattotheend wrote:For those of you who got the invitation, do you mind posting your stats so I know if there's hope or not?
3.8/177

tomhobbes

Bronze

Post by tomhobbes » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:46 pm

Last edited by tomhobbes on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:47 pm

democrattotheend wrote:For those of you who got the invitation, do you mind posting your stats so I know if there's hope or not?
3.86/175

babaghanouj

Bronze

Post by babaghanouj » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:49 pm

3.8/175

muahawhawhaw

New

Post by muahawhawhaw » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:52 pm

3.67, 178

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rafikiwa

New

Post by rafikiwa » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:54 pm

3.93, 172

Lysis

Bronze

Post by Lysis » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:57 pm

Had any of you who got this email already filled out the financial aid application? I didn't get one, but I also already did the form when they released it earlier this week...I'm kind of hoping that's why I didn't get the invite. Maybe?

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:01 pm

I'm pretty depressed right now considering my numbers are strictly better than some people who got invitations. I'm really excited about NYU but really would like the help because my parents refuse to pay for any of law school despite having the money to do so (and so no need-based aid will be forthcoming) :?

Sogui

Silver

Post by Sogui » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:46 pm

Stuff in profile, but 176/3.87 was accepted late January.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

democrattotheend

Bronze

Post by democrattotheend » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:52 pm

babaghanouj wrote:
3.8/175
Ouch, that hurts. 2 points better on the LSAT and I probably would have gotten one too. Although BenJ has yet to received one, so I am holding out hope.

If we didn't get one, is there any point in filling out the merit aid application, or if we didn't get this e-mail does it mean we are not getting any merit aid?

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:18 pm

I'm guessing not getting this e-mail isn't great news for named scholarship. It was a longshot, anyway.

Sticker at NYU. Ugh. Still my top choice, but $210k in debt is hard to fathom.

DoubleChecks

Gold

Post by DoubleChecks » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:19 pm

stats in profile

hm, to answer an earlier question, i havent filled out any FA info for NYU

Sogui

Silver

Post by Sogui » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:22 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:stats in profile

hm, to answer an earlier question, i havent filled out any FA info for NYU
Would any amount of money pull you away from HLS?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hesitantstyle

New

Post by hesitantstyle » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:03 pm

I doubt I'll qualify for need-based aid, but I'm filling out the need+merit option anyway. Yet I worry that my assets will affect eligibility for a merit scholarship. Why 'invite' students to apply for a merit scholarship if the only requirement is submitting the FAA? Am I wrong to feel faintly skeptical?

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:14 pm

democrattotheend wrote:
babaghanouj wrote:
3.8/175
Ouch, that hurts. 2 points better on the LSAT and I probably would have gotten one too. Although BenJ has yet to received one, so I am holding out hope.

If we didn't get one, is there any point in filling out the merit aid application, or if we didn't get this e-mail does it mean we are not getting any merit aid?
I never got the email today but decided to fill out the merit aid application. I was considering waiting to see if I get in at Columbia before filling it out so I'd have some leverage in the "other schools I'm seriously considering" section, but, with the deadline less than two weeks away, I think it's pretty unlikely that I'd get into Columbia before having to submit it. I figured I was better off getting the information in and hoping that they just forgot to invite me. And, if I do get into Columbia, I can always email NYU and let them know.

GordonCole

New

Post by GordonCole » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:37 pm

BenJ wrote:I never got the email today but decided to fill out the merit aid application. I was considering waiting to see if I get in at Columbia before filling it out so I'd have some leverage in the "other schools I'm seriously considering" section, but, with the deadline less than two weeks away, I think it's pretty unlikely that I'd get into Columbia before having to submit it. I figured I was better off getting the information in and hoping that they just forgot to invite me. And, if I do get into Columbia, I can always email NYU and let them know.
That's some rough business. I have the exact same numbers as you and I got the merit scholarship email (and got into Columbia). When did you get in? It might just be that they haven't gotten to people who've been accepted this recently.

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:45 pm

GordonCole wrote:
BenJ wrote:I never got the email today but decided to fill out the merit aid application. I was considering waiting to see if I get in at Columbia before filling it out so I'd have some leverage in the "other schools I'm seriously considering" section, but, with the deadline less than two weeks away, I think it's pretty unlikely that I'd get into Columbia before having to submit it. I figured I was better off getting the information in and hoping that they just forgot to invite me. And, if I do get into Columbia, I can always email NYU and let them know.
That's some rough business. I have the exact same numbers as you and I got the merit scholarship email (and got into Columbia). When did you get in? It might just be that they haven't gotten to people who've been accepted this recently.
I only got in last week, which I suspect is why I didn't get the email. But I have no idea, really.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

GordonCole

New

Post by GordonCole » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:00 pm

BenJ wrote:
GordonCole wrote:
I only got in last week, which I suspect is why I didn't get the email. But I have no idea, really.
That must be it. I got in about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

roxj

Bronze

Post by roxj » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:59 pm

I got the e-mail too, 165/3.76, and I'm URM.

sam.emton

New

Post by sam.emton » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:52 pm

What is the NYU merit application that everyone is talking about? I submited the need-based one on their website and the fasfa. I applied for named scholarships but I doubt I'm eligible.

Is there something else I need to fill out?

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:11 pm

For anyone still in undergrad filling out the Financial Aid part of the Dean's Scholarship form, what is considered a "valid entry" in the "Degree" field? I can't get the thing to not be red!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:16 pm

Bump.

Oh, now I can't even log into my scholarship application anymore!! Grrrr....

kumba84

Bronze

Post by kumba84 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:55 am

--
Last edited by kumba84 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:08 am

I'm wonder if that Dean's Scholarship is the only way to get merit aid except for the named scholarships. If so, FML and I wish I hadn't bought a ticket for ASW.

ankit

Bronze

Post by ankit » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:17 am

kumba84 wrote:Has anyone heard back about the RTK and other named scholarships yet? I received an email yesterday inviting me to interview but haven't seen anyone else posting about it.
That's great! Congrats!!

Has anyone who applied for the IILJ Scholars program heard anything as yet?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”