In at Berkeley Law!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
crackberry

Re: In at Berkeley Law!

Postby crackberry » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:13 pm

humdrum wrote:Do you guys think it would be OK to show up a few hours late for the ASW on Friday?

Hey humdrum, where did you just get admitted? I remember seeing it last night but forgot.

humdrum

Postby humdrum » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:24 pm

crackberry wrote:
humdrum wrote:Do you guys think it would be OK to show up a few hours late for the ASW on Friday?

Hey humdrum, where did you just get admitted? I remember seeing it last night but forgot.

Columbia :D

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:26 pm

humdrum wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Ahh yes, congrats. Are you URM?

humdrum

Postby humdrum » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:30 pm

crackberry wrote:
humdrum wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Ahh yes, congrats. Are you URM?

quite the opposite

clyde_barrow

Postby clyde_barrow » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:31 pm

received my notification via email -- no dean-tom call for me lol. excited for the ASW; wonder how much they're gonna "help defray the airfare to attend"

radgrad

Postby radgrad » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:18 pm

i don't have much business being here (i'm one of the billions of FR kids), but i'm going insane trying to schedule other ASW's (nyu and columbia actually overlap...), i figured i'd live in hope and check and see when the berkeley ASW is.

Anyone know? I saw something on this board about early April- is that the only one? Thanks!

violaboy

Postby violaboy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:37 pm

clyde_barrow wrote:received my notification via email -- no dean-tom call for me lol. excited for the ASW; wonder how much they're gonna "help defray the airfare to attend"

$300, and you have to get the flight through their agent or whatever.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:36 pm

Any chance of them helping pay for the visit if you don't go for ASW?

Tangerine Gleam

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Kretzy wrote:Any chance of them helping pay for the visit if you don't go for ASW?

You mean you can't attend ASW but still want to visit? I'll bet they could work something out.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:15 pm

Tangerine Gleam wrote:
Kretzy wrote:Any chance of them helping pay for the visit if you don't go for ASW?

You mean you can't attend ASW but still want to visit? I'll bet they could work something out.

Yes. I will be in the Bay Area the day after ASW, but not during. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

amidea

Postby amidea » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:18 pm

Kretzy wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:

Yes. I will be in the Bay Area the day after ASW, but not during. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Can you let us know what they say? I was wondering the same thing. Thanks!

Jack31

Postby Jack31 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:57 pm

For all of you who got admitted via phone call: Did the call show up on your caller ID? I saw on twitter that "they don't leave messages, and they don't call back, but they do accept callbacks" and I had a missed call from Unavailable.... It's probably not Berkeley... but i'm flippin out right now.

Dignan

Postby Dignan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:58 pm

Jack31 wrote:For all of you who got admitted via phone call: Did the call show up on your caller ID? I saw on twitter that "they don't leave messages, and they don't call back, but they do accept callbacks" and I had a missed call from Unavailable.... It's probably not Berkeley... but i'm flippin out right now.

A 510 number should show up.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:01 pm

Jack31 wrote:For all of you who got admitted via phone call: Did the call show up on your caller ID? I saw on twitter that "they don't leave messages, and they don't call back, but they do accept callbacks" and I had a missed call from Unavailable.... It's probably not Berkeley... but i'm flippin out right now.

Not Berkeley. As Dignan said, it'll show up as (510). Maybe it's Stanford...

Amelie

Postby Amelie » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Last edited by Amelie on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

pekkle

Postby pekkle » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:05 pm

crackberry wrote:

Wouldn't Stanford show up as a (650)?

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:05 pm

pekkle wrote:
crackberry wrote:

No, Faye calls from a blocked number.

dudester

Postby dudester » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:09 pm

crackberry wrote:
pekkle wrote:
crackberry wrote:

No, Faye calls from a blocked number.

So l33t

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:09 pm

dudester wrote:So l33t

What does that mean?

dudester

Postby dudester » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:15 pm

crackberry wrote:
dudester wrote:So l33t

What does that mean?

It's geek-speak for "elite". I learned it on TLS, actually.

roxj

Postby roxj » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:02 pm

Quick, possibly stupid question:

Once you're admitted, instead of paying a seat deposit, you can "tentatively plan to enroll" or "firmly accept the offer." I marked the tentative option right away, seeing that as a way to save my seat while I wait to hear from other places. I didn't realize until after that I didn't need to respond until April. I definitely haven't made a final decision yet (I'm still waiting to hear from 5 schools). I just wanted some reassurance that I'm not bound to Boalt and will be expected to withdraw or something. Am I right on this?

jennifergarner

Postby jennifergarner » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:41 am

has anybody made a berkeley 2010 facebook group yet? i think there was one floating around last year, and it seemed like a good way for people who were *definitely* attending to start chatting, etc. Could be a little bit early for this though... maybe after ASW =)

oolala

Postby oolala » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:05 am

Among those who are attending Berkeley this year, anyone interested renting my place? I am going to another state for law school this fall.. I thought it would be nice to have fellow law students stay at my place while I'm gone :)

I live in Emeryville(right before the Bay Bridge in the East Bay), in a high-rise condo. One master bedroom and large livingroom.
I think two people can share the place to pay cheaper rent. And here're Yelp reviews of the HOA:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pacific-park-pl ... emeryville

Sorry if this is considered spamming.. I'll delete this posting if it's a violation of the rules here. But I thought I would ask ppl here before posting it to craigslist.

Plz PM me if you are interested! :)

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:50 pm

Hey folks, any word when we might start hearing about financial aid?

skip james

Postby skip james » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:58 pm

oolala wrote:Among those who are attending Berkeley this year, anyone interested renting my place? I am going to another state for law school this fall.. I thought it would be nice to have fellow law students stay at my place while I'm gone :)

I live in Emeryville(right before the Bay Bridge in the East Bay), in a high-rise condo. One master bedroom and large livingroom.
I think two people can share the place to pay cheaper rent. And here're Yelp reviews of the HOA:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pacific-park-pl ... emeryville

Sorry if this is considered spamming.. I'll delete this posting if it's a violation of the rules here. But I thought I would ask ppl here before posting it to craigslist.

Plz PM me if you are interested! :)

emeryville is too far. :twisted:

yay for north berkeley!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”