Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby Knock » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:49 pm

miamiman09 wrote:
Knock wrote:
miamiman09 wrote:Not to get everyone's hopes up, but looking at the 2010 thread, there was a JR2 reported on Wednesday and another reported on Friday after the Monday corresponding to today. Maybe he'll be making a few more calls this week?


Don't get our hopes up :(.


Maybe it's an attempt to let myself down slowly rather than crashing and burning all at once.


Crashing and burning as we speak. I don't want to be brought back up and crash and burn again.

User avatar
miamiman09
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby miamiman09 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:52 am

I thought after yesterday I'd be done with the restless sleep. Guess not.

I'm getting this mounting feeling that I should write a LOCI to say everything I *should have* said in the phone interview, but that would not be a good move before a hold or WL email. The silence is killing me!

Kiwi917
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby Kiwi917 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:57 pm

Another Monday is over and it's time to revive this thread - how many of us are left?

(and congrats to everyone who got a JR2 today! :) )

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby Knock » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Kiwi917 wrote:Another Monday is over and it's time to revive this thread - how many of us are left?

(and congrats to everyone who got a JR2 today! :) )

:cry:

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby gatorgirl4life » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:01 pm

Knock wrote:
Kiwi917 wrote:Another Monday is over and it's time to revive this thread - how many of us are left?

(and congrats to everyone who got a JR2 today! :) )

:cry:


+1ing what Knock said again.

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby eaa1537 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:05 pm

I'm still here too :cry:

Kiwi917
Posts: 231
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby Kiwi917 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:15 pm

Has everyone here sent an LOCI? I didn't send one after the "hold" email in early January, but now seems like it might be a good time (3 weeks post-JR1). I only have some minor updates, but I really want to show I am still interested. Would it be better to hold the letter in case I get waitlisted? My gut feeling right now is that it would be worse to get rejected without having sent an LOCI and wonder whether it would have made a difference...

User avatar
miamiman09
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:11 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby miamiman09 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:25 pm

I'm still here and dropped my LOCI in the mail on Friday. Didn't want to wait for a WL at this point. I feel like "hold" at H is essentially a WL, anyway...

ExpectLess
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby ExpectLess » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:04 am

Still here, and I revived this thread back in December. Bad juju to raise things from the dead, I guess.

kak5n
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby kak5n » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:26 pm

JR1 on Wednesday.. too early to hope for a call tomorrow?

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby gatorgirl4life » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:23 pm

no tweets about calling tomorrow. :(

eaa1537
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:21 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby eaa1537 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:35 pm

is it just me, or does it seem like there are basically no more acceptances on LSN from this point on last year...

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby Knock » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:36 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:no tweets about calling tomorrow. :(

eaa1537 wrote:is it just me, or does it seem like there are basically no more acceptances on LSN from this point on last year...


Bummer :(.

ExpectLess
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby ExpectLess » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:44 pm

gatorgirl4life wrote:no tweets about calling tomorrow. :(


JR didn't tweet until right before he made calls on Monday two weeks ago. Don't give up hope! :)

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby Knock » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:47 pm

ExpectLess wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:no tweets about calling tomorrow. :(


JR didn't tweet until right before he made calls on Monday two weeks ago. Don't give up hope! :)


Giving up hope is much much easier though.

ExpectLess
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby ExpectLess » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:12 pm

Knock wrote:
ExpectLess wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:no tweets about calling tomorrow. :(


JR didn't tweet until right before he made calls on Monday two weeks ago. Don't give up hope! :)


Giving up hope is much much easier though.


There were 50% more acceptances on LSN last year compared to this year. Even with response rate and sample size variations, it's tough to believe that this show is over.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby Knock » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:40 pm

ExpectLess wrote:
Knock wrote:
ExpectLess wrote:
gatorgirl4life wrote:no tweets about calling tomorrow. :(


JR didn't tweet until right before he made calls on Monday two weeks ago. Don't give up hope! :)


Giving up hope is much much easier though.


There were 50% more acceptances on LSN last year compared to this year. Even with response rate and sample size variations, it's tough to believe that this show is over.


Probably a lot of people make LSN profiles after their cycles are over?

ExpectLess
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby ExpectLess » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:47 pm

Knock wrote:Probably a lot of people make LSN profiles after their cycles are over?


Well if Harvard was in fact done with almost all of their admits, then most of those admits would be done with their cycles and would have thus made their profile already. :P

You're probably right that some people are waiting though, but 50% of the already admitted applicants? In mid-late March?

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:49 pm

ExpectLess wrote:
Knock wrote:Probably a lot of people make LSN profiles after their cycles are over?


Well if Harvard was in fact done with almost all of their admits, then most of those admits would be done with their cycles and would have thus made their profile already. :P

You're probably right that some people are waiting though, but 50% of the already admitted applicants? In mid-late March?


Your attitude is great man. I hope he's busy making a lot of calls tomorrow.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby Knock » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:00 am

unc0mm0n1 wrote:
ExpectLess wrote:
Knock wrote:Probably a lot of people make LSN profiles after their cycles are over?


Well if Harvard was in fact done with almost all of their admits, then most of those admits would be done with their cycles and would have thus made their profile already. :P

You're probably right that some people are waiting though, but 50% of the already admitted applicants? In mid-late March?


Your attitude is great man. I hope he's busy making a lot of calls tomorrow.


Haha, I hope both of you guys are right.

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby gatorgirl4life » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:48 am

Knock wrote:
unc0mm0n1 wrote:
ExpectLess wrote:
Knock wrote:Probably a lot of people make LSN profiles after their cycles are over?


Well if Harvard was in fact done with almost all of their admits, then most of those admits would be done with their cycles and would have thus made their profile already. :P

You're probably right that some people are waiting though, but 50% of the already admitted applicants? In mid-late March?


Your attitude is great man. I hope he's busy making a lot of calls tomorrow.


Haha, I hope both of you guys are right.


+1 lol

kak5n
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:09 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby kak5n » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:47 am

JR2!!!!!!!!

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby gatorgirl4life » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Congrats, kak!!!

Sooo...is the consensus that the rest of us are most likely headed for the waitlist? And has anyone stalked last year's thread to see how those with JR1s tend to fare on the waitlist?

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:38 am

kak5n wrote:JR2!!!!!!!!


Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby gatorgirl4life » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:15 pm

Bump - curious to see how this group fares on the waitlist.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BuyaLittleMercy, carlos_danger, crimsonknight, Google [Bot], jstans, mccracal, premalone and 43 guests