Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lightbulb1986
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby lightbulb1986 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:05 am

.
Last edited by lightbulb1986 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

swimbrad
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby swimbrad » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:17 am

lightbulb1986 wrote:
portena wrote:
ivorynightfall wrote:i had my jr1 on 1/20, so that makes me 11 days and two missed jr2 runs :(

Me too :(


I got held the friday before my second monday. be happy...


pssh... I got held the Thursday after my Wednesday Jr1 - be ecstatic!

lightbulb1986
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby lightbulb1986 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:18 am

.
Last edited by lightbulb1986 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

swimbrad
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby swimbrad » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:01 am

lightbulb1986 wrote:ok you win that one. how do you think you did on your interview? do you think it did you in?


I don't think it was great - I mean I rambled a bit and was quite nervous, but in the same I don't think I identified myself as a "crazy"

Zara
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:37 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby Zara » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:06 am

swimbrad wrote:
lightbulb1986 wrote:ok you win that one. how do you think you did on your interview? do you think it did you in?


I don't think it was great - I mean I rambled a bit and was quite nervous, but in the same I don't think I identified myself as a "crazy"


nearly everyone I've talked to has said they rambled and sounded nervous. I doubt your interview hurt you. My theory is that they have their mind pretty much made up about you before the interview and use it to make sure people they want to admit aren't crazy or unable to speak coherently and to give people who they are strongly considering another chance to woo them. I figure it probably won't help or hurt you unless you say something spectacularly bad or good.

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby Core » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:30 pm

Zara wrote:
swimbrad wrote:
lightbulb1986 wrote:ok you win that one. how do you think you did on your interview? do you think it did you in?


I don't think it was great - I mean I rambled a bit and was quite nervous, but in the same I don't think I identified myself as a "crazy"


nearly everyone I've talked to has said they rambled and sounded nervous. I doubt your interview hurt you. My theory is that they have their mind pretty much made up about you before the interview and use it to make sure people they want to admit aren't crazy or unable to speak coherently and to give people who they are strongly considering another chance to woo them. I figure it probably won't help or hurt you unless you say something spectacularly bad or good.

If you didn't come off as "crazy," then don't worry about it.

Zara
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:37 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby Zara » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:44 pm

just had my jr1. now the wait begins. I dont know how some of you were able to survive the waiting as long as you did. major respect for that!

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby georgina » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:05 pm

in case you haven't already noticed, obsessing over lsn is sort of my nervous tick. anyway, i have some numbers to share that i think are hopeful. i counted all apps from past years with sent dates sept-dec, and i counted number of outright acceptances.

06-07: 107/354
07-08: 112/423
08-09: 106/400
09-10: 90/446

this is in line with the trend i see in overall outright acceptances, which are smaller in numbers this year despite actually lagging far less behind app dates. it seems we can expect many more lsn/tls outright acceptances. i think the jr1 gives us a leg up in this area, esp since the other holds from our sent group have already been looked at and passed over for interview. THERE'S HOPE, FRIENDS!

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby georgina » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:09 pm

Zara wrote:just had my jr1. now the wait begins. I dont know how some of you were able to survive the waiting as long as you did. major respect for that!


btw i have never read of such an amazing jr1 as the one you described over on the harvard thread. not to get your hopes up or anything, but really, fret not. great job!

User avatar
clyde_barrow
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby clyde_barrow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:32 am

join! wooo
hopefully only for a little while..

mozhou7
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby mozhou7 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:21 pm

Hey fellow Early JR1 & Hold buddies,

There's hope! Just got JR2 now...it seems our second chance is coming around. Good luck all!

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby crackberry » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:57 pm

mozhou7 wrote:Hey fellow Early JR1 & Hold buddies,

There's hope! Just got JR2 now...it seems our second chance is coming around. Good luck all!

WOW

You retook in December yeah?

Zara
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:37 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby Zara » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:39 pm

well it's almost 7pm in Boston...guess that means the JR2s are done for the day. damn. :(

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby crackberry » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:40 pm

Zara wrote:well it's almost 7pm in Boston...guess that means the JR2s are done for the day. damn. :(

He may be waiting to call you until after 9 am your time. That's the pattern with int'l applicants.

Zara
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:37 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby Zara » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:44 pm

crackberry wrote:
Zara wrote:well it's almost 7pm in Boston...guess that means the JR2s are done for the day. damn. :(

He may be waiting to call you until after 9 am your time. That's the pattern with int'l applicants.


really? it will be 9am in 15 minutes! Thanks for giving me hope!

And I seriously respect your patience in this process crackberry. this is my first monday after my jr1 and I am about to go crazy!!!!

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby crackberry » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:51 pm

Zara wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Zara wrote:well it's almost 7pm in Boston...guess that means the JR2s are done for the day. damn. :(

He may be waiting to call you until after 9 am your time. That's the pattern with int'l applicants.


really? it will be 9am in 15 minutes! Thanks for giving me hope!

And I seriously respect your patience in this process crackberry. this is my first monday after my jr1 and I am about to go crazy!!!!

Yikes now I really hope you get it. False hope is the worst thing in the world.

dcchillin
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:49 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby dcchillin » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:57 pm

officially over a month now. i just want ANY news at this point.

mozhou7
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby mozhou7 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:21 am

crackberry wrote:
mozhou7 wrote:Hey fellow Early JR1 & Hold buddies,

There's hope! Just got JR2 now...it seems our second chance is coming around. Good luck all!

WOW

You retook in December yeah?


Crack, I did retake in Dec. We had JR1 on the same day...One of the old-timers in this club.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:27 am

mozhou7 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
mozhou7 wrote:Hey fellow Early JR1 & Hold buddies,

There's hope! Just got JR2 now...it seems our second chance is coming around. Good luck all!

WOW

You retook in December yeah?


Crack, I did retake in Dec. We had JR1 on the same day...One of the old-timers in this club.

Congrats. Looks like that December retake was a good call, to say the least.

gingersouthpaw
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby gingersouthpaw » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:41 pm

Does anyone have anecdotes/stats on the number of JR1-Holds that are ultimately admitted?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby crackberry » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:21 pm

gingersouthpaw wrote:Does anyone have anecdotes/stats on the number of JR1-Holds that are ultimately admitted?

Hard to say because of the new admissions dean. There seem to be more holds this year than in years past (and fewer admits at this point in the cycle than in years past) so it's anyone's guess.

User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby of Benito Cereno » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:42 pm

crackberry wrote:
gingersouthpaw wrote:Does anyone have anecdotes/stats on the number of JR1-Holds that are ultimately admitted?

Hard to say because of the new admissions dean. There seem to be more holds this year than in years past (and fewer admits at this point in the cycle than in years past) so it's anyone's guess.

just looked at last year's lsn and noticed almost 200 waitlists. they may have sent out more official hold emails this year but it doesn't mean they didn't hold on to a huge batch of borderline applicants for a long time.


At least I can feel a little special as a high lsat splitter, there have been a bunch of rejections from my side of the field (176+/3.65-) but very few if any from the 171-/3.9+ side. But that means nothing as I guess I'm just going to have to sit around here waiting until july.

ivorynightfall
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:36 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby ivorynightfall » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:02 pm

So its been a month now, and still no JR2. Does this mean I am destined for an eventual hold/waitlist and they are just being a horrible tease, or is it still reasonable for me to hope for another call?

portena
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:40 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby portena » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:19 am

ivorynightfall wrote:So its been a month now, and still no JR2. Does this mean I am destined for an eventual hold/waitlist and they are just being a horrible tease, or is it still reasonable for me to hope for another call?


Same here...JR1 was 1/20. I know many (most?) on TLS with a post-Christmas JR1 either got the JR2 within a couple of weeks or were held. I can't decide if not being held is good or bad...perhaps he's just waiting on one thing or another to make the call, or perhaps we're not being held because he already knows he's going to waitlist us? Makes my head hurt.

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby existenz » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:15 am

portena wrote:
ivorynightfall wrote:So its been a month now, and still no JR2. Does this mean I am destined for an eventual hold/waitlist and they are just being a horrible tease, or is it still reasonable for me to hope for another call?


Same here...JR1 was 1/20. I know many (most?) on TLS with a post-Christmas JR1 either got the JR2 within a couple of weeks or were held. I can't decide if not being held is good or bad...perhaps he's just waiting on one thing or another to make the call, or perhaps we're not being held because he already knows he's going to waitlist us? Makes my head hurt.

Stay positive. You haven't been held yet, which means they like you more than those that have already been held. But, they are still trying to sort out what kind of class they want and you are obviously on the borderline. If they didn't like you, you wouldn't have received a JR1. But it's out of your hands now. Don't beat yourself up. NYU is an incredible fallback and you're gonna have a great law career either way.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blahblah123 and 5 guests