Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:22 pm

is it safe to conclude that the jr2s are over for today. do they go out all within the same hour every monday, or do they seem spaced out throughout the day?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby crackberry » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:25 pm

talibkweli wrote:is it safe to conclude that the jr2s are over for today. do they go out all within the same hour every monday, or do they seem spaced out throughout the day?

They are generally pretty clustered. If we don't hear anything by 4 EST, they're probably finished for the day.

lightbulb1986
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby lightbulb1986 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:28 pm

.
Last edited by lightbulb1986 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

dcchillin
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:49 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby dcchillin » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:09 pm

Welp, that makes it 3 Mondays in purgatory for me. :?

swimbrad
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby swimbrad » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:15 pm

dcchillin wrote:Welp, that makes it 3 Mondays in purgatory for me. :?


I'll trade you purgatory for held ;)

portena
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:40 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby portena » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:26 pm

Image

sigh

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby adameus » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:36 pm

Put me in the group. Hopefully only until next monday....
Hope to have a big group leave with me.

carterth
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby carterth » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:05 pm

Got the hold email today. (JR1 was 12/22)

lightbulb1986
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby lightbulb1986 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:08 pm

.
Last edited by lightbulb1986 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby crackberry » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:13 pm

lightbulb1986 wrote:
carterth wrote:Got the hold email today. (JR1 was 12/22)


if your profile is correct, that's scary

Yeah. Woah.

User avatar
adameus
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby adameus » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:15 pm

crackberry wrote:
lightbulb1986 wrote:
carterth wrote:Got the hold email today. (JR1 was 12/22)


if your profile is correct, that's scary

Yeah. Woah.


Couldn't agree more. Do you have a criminal record or some other blight on your app?

carterth
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby carterth » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:27 pm

Do you have a criminal record or some other blight on your app?


Not that I'm aware of. I retook the LSAT from a 170, for what it's worth. Maybe JR didn't like something about me in the interview, though I didn't get that impression from anything he said...

4910
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:42 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby 4910 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:29 pm

carterth wrote:
Do you have a criminal record or some other blight on your app?


Not that I'm aware of. I retook the LSAT from a 170, for what it's worth. Maybe JR didn't like something about me in the interview, though I didn't get that impression from anything he said...


Maybe its because of your major?

User avatar
EijiMiyake
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby EijiMiyake » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:40 pm

4910 wrote:
carterth wrote:
Do you have a criminal record or some other blight on your app?


Not that I'm aware of. I retook the LSAT from a 170, for what it's worth. Maybe JR didn't like something about me in the interview, though I didn't get that impression from anything he said...


Maybe its because of your major?



Was this a December retake?

Even so, you've got as good a shot at Y/S as one could have. Good luck dude.

carterth
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby carterth » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:05 pm

Maybe its because of your major?


Was this a December retake?


It was a September retake, so no issue there.

And it may very well have been my major, though I've heard conflicting information about whether law schools in general like musicians or worry about them being ill-prepared (or maybe it just depends on the particular admissions officer).

Zara
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:37 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby Zara » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:21 pm

I'll be joining the club soon! I have my interview on Tuesday EST which is my Wednesday morning. I'm so nervous!!

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby crackberry » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:52 pm

Zara wrote:I'll be joining the club soon! I have my interview on Tuesday EST which is my Wednesday morning. I'm so nervous!!

I think it's funny that this club has devolved from a place where those of us who were stuck in purgatory after our pre-Thanksgiving JR1s could commiserate into a place where everyone who gets a JR1 feels the need to post (even if they are bound to get a JR2 three days later).

lightbulb1986
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby lightbulb1986 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:02 pm

.
Last edited by lightbulb1986 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby crackberry » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:29 pm

lightbulb1986 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Zara wrote:I'll be joining the club soon! I have my interview on Tuesday EST which is my Wednesday morning. I'm so nervous!!

I think it's funny that this club has devolved from a place where those of us who were stuck in purgatory after our pre-Thanksgiving JR1s could commiserate into a place where everyone who gets a JR1 feels the need to post (even if they are bound to get a JR2 three days later).


there's been a lot of holds...

Yeah but the post I quoted is pretty egregious.

Zara
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:37 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby Zara » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:43 pm

crackberry wrote:
lightbulb1986 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Zara wrote:I'll be joining the club soon! I have my interview on Tuesday EST which is my Wednesday morning. I'm so nervous!!

I think it's funny that this club has devolved from a place where those of us who were stuck in purgatory after our pre-Thanksgiving JR1s could commiserate into a place where everyone who gets a JR1 feels the need to post (even if they are bound to get a JR2 three days later).


there's been a lot of holds...

Yeah but the post I quoted is pretty egregious.


actually my LSAT is unimpressive for Harvard and i have a dark spot on my application so I am pretty sure I will not get a JR2 and even if I do, it probably won't be quick. I am probably looking at a hold at best. Perhaps I am jumping the gun by posting here but i didn't see a sign that said only pre-Thanksgiving JR1s could post.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby crackberry » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Zara wrote:actually my LSAT is unimpressive for Harvard and i have a dark spot on my application so I am pretty sure I will not get a JR2 and even if I do, it probably won't be quick. I am probably looking at a hold at best. Perhaps I am jumping the gun by posting here but i didn't see a sign that said only pre-Thanksgiving JR1s could post.

I wasn't saying you couldn't post, only that I find it amusing what this thread had become. I'm totally fine with it. Also, the odds are with you, so lose that negative attitude before your interview. Good luck.

lightbulb1986
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby lightbulb1986 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:52 pm

.
Last edited by lightbulb1986 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

dcchillin
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:49 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby dcchillin » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:36 pm

25 days since JR1 without news; anyone else still in a similar boat?

ivorynightfall
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:36 am

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby ivorynightfall » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:48 pm

i had my jr1 on 1/20, so that makes me 11 days and two missed jr2 runs :(

portena
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:40 pm

Re: Harvard JR1 but no JR2 (yet?) Club

Postby portena » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:02 pm

ivorynightfall wrote:i had my jr1 on 1/20, so that makes me 11 days and two missed jr2 runs :(

Me too :(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, Exabot [Bot], NorCalOldGuy, raidr and 20 guests