lallygag wrote:barkingbug wrote:They need to wait to see what other applicants offer; it is not like they are waiting just to think about it more. I would expect that a number of applicants will hear back very soon and others will trickle out as letters of intent arrive.
I am struggling to decide where to go. Northeastern may be my top choice, but I was accepted to a tier1 offering a better scholarship. Some others here must be in the same boat - what do you do? I am going to try negotiating, but doubt that I will get far. If anyone here has made progress on schollys, let me know. I will do the same. I will be at the admitted student event on 4/10 as well.
I would also like to know if anyone has had success in negotiating scholarships from NEU... It has been my top choice for some time now but I just can't wrap my head around paying sticker price for it. I was accepted back in December and at the moment I'm leaning towards Uconn where I will be paying half the price of NEU. All I got from NEU were loans when supposedly 75% of students get some aid
I tried to negotiate with NEU and I got nowhere but my numbers aren't great to bargain with so maybe they feel as if I should just be happy that I got 25K over 3 years. But I would encourage anyone who wishes to negotiate, that they should do so. The worst they can say is no, so it doesn't hurt to try. Good luck if you do. I will be at the Open House as well on 4/10. Do you have a page on NEU networking page??