Northeastern 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mchrop10
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby mchrop10 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:18 pm

destroyer wrote:Decision letter mailed today!


+1

User avatar
Onion
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby Onion » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:20 pm

mchrop10 wrote:
destroyer wrote:Decision letter mailed today!


+1



When did your application go complete?

mchrop10
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby mchrop10 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:26 pm

Onion wrote:
mchrop10 wrote:
destroyer wrote:Decision letter mailed today!


+1



When did your application go complete?


12/9

User avatar
Onion
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby Onion » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:29 pm

mchrop10 wrote:
Onion wrote:
mchrop10 wrote:
destroyer wrote:Decision letter mailed today!


+1



When did your application go complete?


12/9


LSAT score?

User avatar
fulkersonr1
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby fulkersonr1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:30 pm

Also decision letter mailed today. Heres hoping we dont have to wait on the mail too long!

NYVA311
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby NYVA311 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:42 pm

Decision letter mailed today as well! Hope these are not rejections/waitlists! Looks like the people who had very high numbers and got $$ were accepted before Christmas, maybe we're the average group who will just get accepted.

User avatar
fulkersonr1
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby fulkersonr1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Hope not. For Northeastern to really be an option for me Ill have to get some $$$.

NYVA311
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby NYVA311 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:48 pm

Gotcha, I'm just expecting to get in. You have numbers above their medians? Did you apply EA as well or RD?

User avatar
fulkersonr1
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby fulkersonr1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:26 pm

NYVA311 wrote:Gotcha, I'm just expecting to get in. You have numbers above their medians? Did you apply EA as well or RD?


Applied EA. GPA < 25%, LSAT > 75%.

NYVA311
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby NYVA311 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:29 pm

fulkersonr1 wrote:
NYVA311 wrote:Gotcha, I'm just expecting to get in. You have numbers above their medians? Did you apply EA as well or RD?


Applied EA. GPA < 25%, LSAT > 75%.


LSAT > 75%? I can't imagine that's a rejection/waitlist unless your GPA is very low. I'm excited to find out though, first school that I would consider a target!

User avatar
fulkersonr1
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby fulkersonr1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:31 pm

NYVA311 wrote:
fulkersonr1 wrote:
NYVA311 wrote:Gotcha, I'm just expecting to get in. You have numbers above their medians? Did you apply EA as well or RD?


Applied EA. GPA < 25%, LSAT > 75%.


LSAT > 75%? I can't imagine that's a rejection/waitlist unless your GPA is very low. I'm excited to find out though, first school that I would consider a target!


Good luck! Hope you get in! Northeastern would be great with the co-op program. Honestly Im expecting an acceptance but am not sure whether I will get any $.

NYVA311
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby NYVA311 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Thanks, and good luck with $$. A high LSAT is usually the deciding factor for $$ so hopefully you'll get something.

NYVA311
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby NYVA311 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:13 pm

Bump. Anyone else receive this notification today?

User avatar
OGR3
Posts: 881
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby OGR3 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:18 am

NYVA311 wrote:Bump. Anyone else receive this notification today?


Yep! LSAT > 75%; GPA < 25%

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby jbarl1 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:40 pm

I got my EA letter. I was deferred to regular admission. I was kind of shocked (160/3.85) because I was admitted to Villanova yesterday. Oh well, just more waiting I guess.

User avatar
OGR3
Posts: 881
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby OGR3 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Deferred as well. The letter was postmarked the day before my status changed (1/7) but the letter was dated 1/8.

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby jbarl1 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:55 pm

OGR3 wrote:Deferred as well. The letter was postmarked the day before my status changed (1/7) but the letter was dated 1/8.


Mine was postmarked the 7th as well, but dated the 8th.

stoicjustice
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:33 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby stoicjustice » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:38 pm

I saw the "Decision was mailed" update yesterday as well. I am not EA and GPA<25%, LSAT slightly above 25% - interesting softs.

User avatar
oberlin08
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby oberlin08 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:45 pm

Deferred to Regular Decision. But I got into Suffolk as well today so at least I'm going SOMEWHERE

Queenjane87
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby Queenjane87 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Do you live in Mass? I wonder how long I'll have to wait to hear. Congrats on Suffolk!

User avatar
oberlin08
Posts: 426
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby oberlin08 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:10 am

No, I live in D.C.

User avatar
jbarl1
Posts: 563
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:40 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby jbarl1 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:20 am

Queenjane87 wrote:Do you live in Mass? I wonder how long I'll have to wait to hear. Congrats on Suffolk!



Nope I live in western New York.

champ33
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby champ33 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:42 pm

I'm really starting to lean towards Northeastern, mostly because I think a co-op experience would really suit me, as opposed to just classes all the way through. My concern is that a friend of mine attends Northeastern undergrad, and decided to do so mostly because of the co-op. Because of the economy or whatever reason the school wasn't able to connect him successfully to any jobs related to his field (architecture) during one of the co-op terms, and he ended up working in a pizza place for 6 months (he received co-op credit for this). Are there any Northeastern Law students on here? Or anybody with information regarding this possible disaster? Could this happen to me if I attend, or do they guarantee you placement?

User avatar
AlanShore
Posts: 1505
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby AlanShore » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:56 pm

champ33 wrote:I'm really starting to lean towards Northeastern, mostly because I think a co-op experience would really suit me, as opposed to just classes all the way through. My concern is that a friend of mine attends Northeastern undergrad, and decided to do so mostly because of the co-op. Because of the economy or whatever reason the school wasn't able to connect him successfully to any jobs related to his field (architecture) during one of the co-op terms, and he ended up working in a pizza place for 6 months (he received co-op credit for this). Are there any Northeastern Law students on here? Or anybody with information regarding this possible disaster? Could this happen to me if I attend, or do they guarantee you placement?

I've heard stories like this with the undergrad. A friend was an electrical engineering major and their internship was at radioshak.. this was post 2008 so it was when the economy was good.

I don't think we should expect a really good/paid 1st or even 2nd internship but I doubt it will be anything completely unrelated! I've heard all good things so far but of course you have to be aware that the first one probably wont be anything special.

linquest
Posts: 143
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:06 am

Re: Northeastern 2010

Postby linquest » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:07 pm

champ33 wrote: Because of the economy or whatever reason the school wasn't able to connect him successfully to any jobs related to his field (architecture) during one of the co-op terms, and he ended up working in a pizza place for 6 months (he received co-op credit for this). Are there any Northeastern Law students on here? Or anybody with information regarding this possible disaster? Could this happen to me if I attend, or do they guarantee you placement?


NUSL grad here. You are guaranteed a placement since it's a requirement for your co-op that you do actual legal work, supervised by an attorney. You might not get the specialty or type of employer that you want, but you WILL be doing legal work. Most students do end up with unpaid first co-ops, usually because they're clerking for a judge or working for a non-profit instead of a firm. I was lucky that my first co-op was paid and I only had to take one unpaid which was still a great experience.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ashrice13, Google Adsense [Bot], joezze, patrickkpaul, RictusErectus and 6 guests