Northeastern 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GobiasIndustries

Re: Northeastern

Postby GobiasIndustries » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:54 am

oberlin08 wrote:
oberlin08 wrote:
AlanShore wrote:any EAers status NOT change? ..?

Mine didnt change either. But I am also below their medians.

I just noticed that my 'Current Status Date' changed to 12/7/09 :shock:

The only update I ever saw was in the "Mailings" section, which had "Decision Letter Mailed" on 12/7/09. My main status still says "Complete File" as of late October.

bits6884

Postby bits6884 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:56 am

That is what mine said and I received the letter yesterday. The status WILL NOT change. You will instead see that a decision letter has been mailed.

Hopefully this calms some nerves.

ATOIsp07

Postby ATOIsp07 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:38 am

guys..my RD app has been received since 11/18 (it was sent on 11/17) and I live in Boston ....I'm a URM from boston w/numbers just below their medians....i'm watching the status checker like a hawk but it still says "complete file 11/23"...i'm panicking like all hell, esp. since ppl who've applied later than me are hearing back. i don't know how to feel...should i be worried? do you think I might be rejected if my decision is rendered in January? i'm actually thinking about calling the school but am holding off to avoid being a pest. or am i overreacting?

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:50 am

ATOIsp07 wrote:guys..my RD app has been received since 11/18 (it was sent on 11/17) and I live in Boston ....I'm a URM from boston w/numbers just below their medians....i'm watching the status checker like a hawk but it still says "complete file 11/23"...i'm panicking like all hell, esp. since ppl who've applied later than me are hearing back. i don't know how to feel...should i be worried? do you think I might be rejected if my decision is rendered in January? i'm actually thinking about calling the school but am holding off to avoid being a pest. or am i overreacting?

Burger in a can wrote:
AlanShore wrote:any EAers status NOT change? ..?

Just to clarify: It's not a status change- all of our statuses still say "complete file". If you have a decision, it will say "Decision Letter Mailed" in the "Mailings" section of the status checker.

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:52 am

ATOIsp07 wrote:guys..my RD app has been received since 11/18 (it was sent on 11/17) and I live in Boston ....I'm a URM from boston w/numbers just below their medians....i'm watching the status checker like a hawk but it still says "complete file 11/23"...i'm panicking like all hell, esp. since ppl who've applied later than me are hearing back. i don't know how to feel...should i be worried? do you think I might be rejected if my decision is rendered in January? i'm actually thinking about calling the school but am holding off to avoid being a pest. or am i overreacting?

Are you sure you're looking under the mailings category?
If you are, don't worry. Just because you're not getting a decision now does not mean that you are rejected, will be rejected, or should start panicking. Heck, the decisions that were made on 12/7/09 might not all be acceptances. They probably just want to review your app a little more. You might even be getting money. If you want a more factual trend of acceptance/rejection times, go to LSN. You'll be able to see what northeastern does.

As the famous Douglas Adams said in Hitchhiker's Guide: Don't Panic :)

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:06 pm

Also, as far as I know it's been ED people that have been getting notified. You're RD, so maybe they're going to move onto those applicants after the holidays, or something. Don't worry.

ATOIsp07

Postby ATOIsp07 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:08 pm

jaskat wrote:

Are you sure you're looking under the mailings category?
If you are, don't worry. Just because you're not getting a decision now does not mean that you are rejected, will be rejected, or should start panicking. Heck, the decisions that were made on 12/7/09 might not all be acceptances. They probably just want to review your app a little more. You might even be getting money. If you want a more factual trend of acceptance/rejection times, go to LSN. You'll be able to see what northeastern does.

As the famous Douglas Adams said in Hitchhiker's Guide: Don't Panic :)

thanks for the heads up and advice, jaskat....i actually just checked LSN and saw that NU doesn't mail out any rejections before mid-January (according to the last 2 years on the site)...i don't know how to take that...to keep positive, it's only the 10th of December...

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:10 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:

Also, as far as I know it's been ED people that have been getting notified. You're RD, so maybe they're going to move onto those applicants after the holidays, or something. Don't worry.

Actually I'm RD... just saying...

eakelley

Postby eakelley » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:12 pm

for all waiting, i got the letter (acceptance, so my roommate thinks, from reading what he could through the envelope) today from my decision mailed 12/9. i live in boston so people should be hearing soon if not already. i'm RD, submitted and complete 11/25.

oberlin08

Postby oberlin08 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:16 pm

So there have been some EA and RD acceptances. Has anyone gotten deferred (from EA), Waitlisted or Rejected?

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:18 pm

so far, it's only positive news on LSN and TLS. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but this is making me a little :mrgreen:

ATOIsp07

Postby ATOIsp07 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:54 pm

i can't even focus on fantasy basketball!

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:55 pm

For what it's worth, I'm RD too. Haven't gotten the letter yet.

oberlin08

Postby oberlin08 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:57 pm

Yea i saw this thread.. and havent done a single bit of work since.

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:34 pm

Yeah, it took me 12 hours to write an 8 page term paper. I was just glued to TLS, LSN, and the Northeastern website/status checker.

Sooo... I guess no NEU letter for people outside of MA today, huh?

vapourgypsy

Postby vapourgypsy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:38 pm

A little late to the party, but I got my acceptance yesterday (I had the mailed 12/7 date) and it was an acceptance. I think that anyone who has gotten their decision mailed this week is probably in for good news -- these acceptances are earlier than normal, and I feel like most schools send out a couple of batches of acceptances before going to the waitlists and rejections. But good luck! :)

Also, I know this was a while back, and this post is getting a little long, but as far as living in Boston goes...I would reccomend either Mission Hill or Jamaica Plain area, both are very accessible to the school and have reasonably priced housing options. There are shady parts of both neighborhoods, but if you stick to the front of the Hill than it's 90% students living there and JP has a lot of young professionals. Feel free to PM me with any questions about the area - I've been living here for about 6 years now :)

sayruss11

Postby sayruss11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:57 pm

Just got the letter, Im in! $25,000
I live in MA

tram988

Postby tram988 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:00 pm

sayruss11 wrote:Just got the letter, Im in! $25,000
I live in MA

Congrats! I have awful mail people in this building. The door man has the bag of mail sitting on the floor and is too lazy to put it away. So much for hearing quickly haha.

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:01 pm

Congrats to this day's acceptances!

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:29 pm

Just got the letter too. In! $25,500 +$3,000 stipend for one unpaid public interest co-op. :D I feel so honored! Good luck, guys!

P.S. I live in Western CT, about three hours from Boston.

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:54 pm

Wow Burger! Congrats!!!!
Was it a regular envelope for you as well?
I'm hoping New York gets them tomorrow... *sigh*

tram988

Postby tram988 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Burger in a can wrote:Just got the letter too. In! $25,500 +$3,000 stipend for one unpaid public interest co-op. :D I feel so honored! Good luck, guys!

Congrats Mr. Burger. Western CT very nice.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:58 pm

jaskat wrote:Wow Burger! Congrats!!!!
Was it a regular envelope for you as well?
I'm hoping New York gets them tomorrow... *sigh*

Yeah- regular sized envelope, although it was pretty obviously an acceptance because it has several sheets of paper in it- it's kind of fat and heavy compared to, say, my phone bill's envelope.

I concur with the others that this must be an acceptance wave. I think NYC should be getting the letters tomorrow. Good luck!

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:59 pm

l
Last edited by Burger in a can on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:02 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
tram988 wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:Just got the letter too. In! $25,500 +$3,000 stipend for one unpaid public interest co-op. :D I feel so honored! Good luck, guys!

Congrats Mr. Burger. Western CT very nice.

Heck yeah! Litchfield County Represent! :D

New Haven county. What up. (Home when I'm not in Boston) :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”