International/Currently Abroad "IWantMyDecision!" Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Zara

Bronze

Re: International/Currently Abroad "IWantMyDecision!" Thread

Post by Zara » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:53 am

i got in at University of Arkansas via snail mail on 2/1. It was marked 1/19. that is the only acceptance i've gotten through snail mail.

I have my jr1 tomorrow. Does anyone know if he makes jr2 calls to internaitonal students with the rest of the jr2's? I heard he does regular jr2s between 9-5 EST but since i'm in Japan I'll have to stay up all night and wait for the call. I won't mind if it comes but if not that is going to majorly blow.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:24 am

Out at UVA last week, in at Loyola Chicago yesterday. Both via email.

ShibaDan

Bronze

Post by ShibaDan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:34 am

I think I'm in at UCLA...I got an e-mail from a 3L congratulating me but I never got any acceptance information...strange.

Bikeflip

Gold

Post by Bikeflip » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:51 am

def2104 wrote:I think I'm in at UCLA...I got an e-mail from a 3L congratulating me but I never got any acceptance information...strange.
:lol: Would have been in the same place with W & L. All mail is being sent home, but my parents on vacation. Had I not begged my sister to stop by and check the mail, I would have found out about my acceptance via a similar email.

ShibaDan

Bronze

Post by ShibaDan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:10 am

Bikeflip wrote:
def2104 wrote:I think I'm in at UCLA...I got an e-mail from a 3L congratulating me but I never got any acceptance information...strange.
:lol: Would have been in the same place with W & L. All mail is being sent home, but my parents on vacation. Had I not begged my sister to stop by and check the mail, I would have found out about my acceptance via a similar email.
Yeah it's so weird being abroad because we can't really gauge things like everyone else can.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ivorynightfall

New

Post by ivorynightfall » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:51 am

i entirely agree...i wasn't sure i was going to study abroad this quarter but ended up doing so, so my current address is still my campus PO Box. I just had it forwarded to my parents' address. Also, my mother canceled my US cellphone (which I listed as my current cellphone) without telling me, so I also do not have a workable phone number (although presumably they could call my permanent number at home)...so have been dying looking at all the acceptances knowing perhaps I already have a decision but still can't know what it is, and am super jealous of all the people who get to check their mailboxes and their own voicemails or even get calls from deans...I guess I could email them to update them, but it still wouldn't be the same as I don't know if they'll call internationally or mail internationally and I presume that if they do call and don't get a response would email me...unless someone else has my US phone number now...gahhhhh!!!

roundabout

Bronze

Post by roundabout » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:53 pm

Got a letter today from William and Mary after seeing admit pack sent on status checker 1/19- was it the admit pack? No. It was a letter telling me what they're up to at W&M alluding to the earlier admit pack I will have allegedly received. International mail fail.

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:59 pm

God bless schools that notify via email. In at WashU.

Moba

New

Post by Moba » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:22 pm

Guys has anyone heard from SLS or YLS?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ankit

Bronze

Post by ankit » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:42 pm

Moba wrote:Guys has anyone heard from SLS or YLS?
Yeah I got a rejection from Yale on Monday. Took around 10 days to reach me here in Asia. Didn't apply to SLS.

Also, my acceptance package from Columbia also arrived, again it took close to 10 days to reach me.

Moba

New

Post by Moba » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:58 pm

ankit wrote:
Yeah I got a rejection from Yale on Monday. Took around 10 days to reach me here in Asia. Didn't apply to SLS.

Also, my acceptance package from Columbia also arrived, again it took close to 10 days to reach me.
Sorry Ankit (but as I had said congrats on CLS)... I can't believe that they mail the rejections to international applicants... have some mercy on us.

parker09

Bronze

Post by parker09 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:33 am

Moba wrote: Sorry Ankit (but as I had said congrats on CLS)... I can't believe that they mail the rejections to international applicants... have some mercy on us.
Yeah, seriously. Also, it would totally be cheaper (save postage and paper/envelopes) and faster (no letter-folding or envelope-stuffing or licking) and easier (see previous) and overall advantageous for the school too to just reject via email.

As far as SLS... haven't heard of any international applicants getting in yet, but I have heard that people who miss the phone call get a voicemail AND an email, so whether Faye's calling abroad or not, there should be an email.

Regarding earlier JR2 question: Again, haven't heard of anyone abroad getting it yet, but maybe you could turn your ringtone up REALLY loudly and put it right next to your ear as you're sleeping? I doubt you'll sound any less intelligible than most people who get the call... I hear everyone turns into a puddle of shrill "OMGOMGOMG THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU"s anyway :D Good luck!

Zara

Bronze

Post by Zara » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:16 am

parker09 wrote:
Moba wrote: Sorry Ankit (but as I had said congrats on CLS)... I can't believe that they mail the rejections to international applicants... have some mercy on us.
Yeah, seriously. Also, it would totally be cheaper (save postage and paper/envelopes) and faster (no letter-folding or envelope-stuffing or licking) and easier (see previous) and overall advantageous for the school too to just reject via email.

As far as SLS... haven't heard of any international applicants getting in yet, but I have heard that people who miss the phone call get a voicemail AND an email, so whether Faye's calling abroad or not, there should be an email.

Regarding earlier JR2 question: Again, haven't heard of anyone abroad getting it yet, but maybe you could turn your ringtone up REALLY loudly and put it right next to your ear as you're sleeping? I doubt you'll sound any less intelligible than most people who get the call... I hear everyone turns into a puddle of shrill "OMGOMGOMG THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU"s anyway :D Good luck!
Yeah the problem is my phone only vibrates at this point. i dont want to buy a new one though because I am only in this country for a little while longer so I'm trying to make do with it until I leave. oh well i guess I'll find out one way or another eventually.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

parker09

Bronze

Post by parker09 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:35 am

chicago admit packet, mailed 1/22... didn't take -as- long to arrive as it could have. nice handwritten note on the letter.

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:45 am

I'll be in this position next cycle... this thread has been really great in forewarning me what to expect. :( Good luck everybody!!

Moba

New

Post by Moba » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:55 am

ankit wrote:

Received my rejection last Saturday (Feb 6) dated January 27... I was starting to think I had survive this round of rejections.

Mattisgo

New

Post by Mattisgo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:21 am

Holly Golightly wrote:God bless schools that notify via email. In at WashU.
+1

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:06 am

Also in at UIUC with $25k/year last week. And now, to go back to waiting...

parker09

Bronze

Post by parker09 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:32 am

Holly Golightly wrote:Also in at UIUC with $25k/year last week. And now, to go back to waiting...
Snail mail, email?

Congrats!

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:35 am

parker09 wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:Also in at UIUC with $25k/year last week. And now, to go back to waiting...
Snail mail, email?

Congrats!
Thanks! Everything via email, including the scholarship offer. I get in-state tuition in IL, so I'm still kind of shocked they offered me that much money!

Luis Gomez

Bronze

Post by Luis Gomez » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:18 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
parker09 wrote:
Snail mail, email?

Congrats!
Thanks! Everything via email, including the scholarship offer. I get in-state tuition in IL, so I'm still kind of shocked they offered me that much money!
Thank god for people like Dean Pless who notify you immediately. UIUC also gave me $ and now is my top choice.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:58 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:
Thank god for people like Dean Pless who notify you immediately. UIUC also gave me $ and now is my top choice.
Agreed, Dean Pless is a good man! This scholarship offer might end up being a deciding factor in where I go next year...

Moba

New

Post by Moba » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:06 pm

Saya wrote:At least Stanford and Berkeley do email. I don't know if I could stand the snail mail wait if I knew a decision was already made.
So i sent an email to Stanford, told them that my email account has been having some issues. They replied by saying that no email has been sent to my account, but that a mail was sent on Feb 4. Looking at LSN I know that mails on Feb. 4 are rejections... so now I just have to wait for it to come to my house... i bet it will arrive on Feb. 15th... great almost-valentines gift.

beepermad

New

Post by beepermad » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:56 pm

My status checker for Lewis and Clark changed today to 2/9. And now the real waiting begins.

Stupid UK postal system.

Luis Gomez

Bronze

Post by Luis Gomez » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:50 pm

In at SMU, just got the admitted package through DHL.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”