U.C. Hastings Early Commitment

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Sotong

Re: U.C. Hastings Early Commitment

Postby Sotong » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:17 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:I thought his thread was going to be really busy. I wonder how much their apps dropped off due to the tuition increase.

Or perhaps very few people applied using the EC option?

Inygma

Postby Inygma » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:26 pm

Sotong wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:I thought his thread was going to be really busy. I wonder how much their apps dropped off due to the tuition increase.

Or perhaps very few people applied using the EC option?

Ya time to make a Hastings General thread!

boomshokalocka

Postby boomshokalocka » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:51 pm

I scoured the internet hours on end for the last week or so trying to find data on other EC's to Hastings and if LSN/TLS are in any way representative of the applicant pool, it would definitely seem that Hastings just does not reject EC applications and defers them instead. Although I might add that I could only find 7 or 8 self reported EC applicants for each of the last two or three years online and I'm a little surprised at how many other EC's there were this cycle. By my count there are at least 13 here and on LSN.

Anyways, I wish the best for the rest of your cycles if you are waiting or were deferred. Good luck and I hope I see a lot of you next year!

OrcinusOrcas

Postby OrcinusOrcas » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:28 pm

Just an FYI for any Hastings ED applicants who got deferred to the regular pool:

Spoke w/ admissions to be sure on this point, but they do NOT expect us to write LOCI's. Admissions said that the ED option makes it clear enough that it was/is our top choice and they hope to get decisions out within the next 6 weeks or so (by beginning of March)...also said to keep checking email/snail mail for updates.

Hope that helps anyone else on the ED waitlist!!!

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:47 pm

OrcinusOrcas wrote:Just an FYI for any Hastings ED applicants who got deferred to the regular pool:

Spoke w/ admissions to be sure on this point, but they do NOT expect us to write LOCI's. Admissions said that the ED option makes it clear enough that it was/is our top choice and they hope to get decisions out within the next 6 weeks or so (by beginning of March)...also said to keep checking email/snail mail for updates.

Hope that helps anyone else on the ED waitlist!!!

Thank you! Very helpful.

Great Satchmo

Postby Great Satchmo » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:03 pm

I applied ED, but a letter of rec didn't get in on time...didn't know what was going to happen, but I was deferred to regular admission...

I didn't expect to be in via ED, but I figured it would show my interest in the school.

Here's to hoping!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”