USS: Optimism

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:32 am

robin600 wrote:Hey guys! I hope everyone is happy, or sort of happy and sort of nervous (like me) that it's close to decision time for most of us. I'm really hoping for Alabama (Trucker talked me into it! affordable + good DC placement rate = pretty sweet) but I'm nervous because I'm below both medians (163/3.65) I'm hoping for a good thing, but IDK what to think, I'm nervous!!! Do you guys think I'm OK?

PS- Accepted at OSU, withdrawing though the letter they sent was really cold and basically said if you are even slightly hesitant about attending please withdraw now. Butts!


OSU probably expects you to withdraw because you're much better than their typical students. They know that you won't attend unless you're 100% wild about the school for some unclear reason.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby robin600 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:41 pm

managamy wrote:
robin600 wrote:Hey guys! I hope everyone is happy, or sort of happy and sort of nervous (like me) that it's close to decision time for most of us. I'm really hoping for Alabama (Trucker talked me into it! affordable + good DC placement rate = pretty sweet) but I'm nervous because I'm below both medians (163/3.65) I'm hoping for a good thing, but IDK what to think, I'm nervous!!! Do you guys think I'm OK?

PS- Accepted at OSU, withdrawing though the letter they sent was really cold and basically said if you are even slightly hesitant about attending please withdraw now. Butts!


OSU probably expects you to withdraw because you're much better than their typical students. They know that you won't attend unless you're 100% wild about the school for some unclear reason.

True, but I think they send it to everyone which is kind of shitty of them. What do you guys think of my chances at Alabama?

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby robin600 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:09 pm

Optimists come back I need you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rejected at michigan today via status checker

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:16 pm

I scored a Boalt acceptance today after a 9-week wait, so there is hope for good news even if you don't hear for a long time!

BTW, I love how this thread stayed in the forum while the pessimism thread was banished. :D

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby robin600 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:35 pm

managamy wrote:I scored a Boalt acceptance today after a 9-week wait, so there is hope for good news even if you don't hear for a long time!

BTW, I love how this thread stayed in the forum while the pessimism thread was banished. :D

Congrats, wish I could say the same!

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby SanBun » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:36 pm

I've been rejected too Robin. I can tell because when I try to log on to admitted students website, I get a red message, which apparently is the sign. I'm so depressed. I'm on painkillers because of an injury, I'm getting rejected, and there's a fight in my family-Help, I need optimism :(

User avatar
Katerina
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Katerina » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:49 pm

Here is some (misguided) optimism:

I'm DR at GTown. Other DR 1/11 kids scores are:

3.8; 176
3.9; 170
3.3; 172
3.2; 171 (me)
2.99; 170 (part time applicant)

Could this be an "Accepted" batch? I really REALLY hope so :D

User avatar
Lurkster
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:00 am

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Lurkster » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:39 pm

Katerina wrote:Here is some (misguided) optimism:

I'm DR at GTown. Other DR 1/11 kids scores are:

3.8; 176
3.9; 170
3.3; 172
3.2; 171 (me)
2.99; 170 (part time applicant)

Could this be an "Accepted" batch? I really REALLY hope so :D


I'm thinking you're in.

Can someone please tell me with complete certainty that I'm not going to get shut out of the T14 with a 3.1X/176??

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:42 pm

Katerina wrote:Here is some (misguided) optimism:

I'm DR at GTown. Other DR 1/11 kids scores are:

3.8; 176
3.9; 170
3.3; 172
3.2; 171 (me)
2.99; 170 (part time applicant)

Could this be an "Accepted" batch? I really REALLY hope so :D


It's almost definitely an Accepted batch!

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Lurkster wrote:Can someone please tell me with complete certainty that I'm not going to get shut out of the T14 with a 3.1X/176??


If you want to make sure you're not shut out of the T14, apply ED to UVA. They'll very likely accept you.

KansasSplitter
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:31 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby KansasSplitter » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:21 pm

2nd acceptance of the cycle at a school that LSP had as a flat "DENY".

Wake and Minnesota, muchos gracias! Stay hopeful TLS'ers!!!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Veritas » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:23 pm

This week has me feeling optimistic!

User avatar
Lurkster
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:00 am

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Lurkster » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:53 pm

Bless all of your hearts.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby SanBun » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:33 pm

let's revive this thread. rejections can't destroy the spirit!!!

here's a challenge that will likely have you crackin up: listen to this german dude speaking english and try to understand something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXPPu418C78

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby robin600 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:50 pm

SanBun wrote:let's revive this thread. rejections can't destroy the spirit!!!

here's a challenge that will likely have you crackin up: listen to this german dude speaking english and try to understand something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXPPu418C78

Lol that was funny! You're so right SanBun, don't let rejections bother you, and don't let those haters in the UMich thread bring you down!

Waitlisted at Vandy the other day, super pumped about that! yay optimism. ooooh and my WUSTL application is "under review" for a second time so I'm expecting a decision soon.

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jaskat » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:06 pm

Congrats Robin!!!!

Loyola Chicago rejected me the other day and I thought of this thread. I'm glad it's back.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby robin600 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:09 am

jaskat wrote:Congrats Robin!!!!

Loyola Chicago rejected me the other day and I thought of this thread. I'm glad it's back.

Screw loyola! You got into W&L, that's way better (PS- WAY JEALOUS!!!)!!! I'm sure you have many great acceptances ahead of you any how!

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jaskat » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:00 am

I'll trade you W&L for Iowa, Robin!

But yeah, screw Loyola!

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jaskat » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:59 pm

Ok, I might be a dork for posting this, but I'm so excited that I just ordered my cap and gown for commencement!!!! I can't believe us current seniors are graduating!!!! That is all... :oops:

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:18 pm

jaskat wrote:Ok, I might be a dork for posting this, but I'm so excited that I just ordered my cap and gown for commencement!!!! I can't believe us current seniors are graduating!!!! That is all... :oops:


It is really unbelievable, isn't it?

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jaskat » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:18 am

I swear I keep thinking I'm a 17 year old freshman. I don't feel mature enough to be graduating sometimes, lol.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby robin600 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:51 pm

jaskat wrote:I swear I keep thinking I'm a 17 year old freshman. I don't feel mature enough to be graduating sometimes, lol.

I am one of those people that waited to take all my required classes so now I'm in an intro humanities class and a lab for non-science majors and I want to shoot myself. The other day we went around the room to introduce ourselves, I was like I'm a 5th year senior and everyone else was a freshman. I was like goddammit! I'm excited about getting my cap and gown. Not excited for paying $200 for it though.....

PS- Right now I'm on 8 waitlists, I kinda want to start a waitlist contest, mainly for the sheer fact I'd win lol!

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jaskat » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:36 pm

I think if all my other decisions were waitlists I could tie you, Robin!
$200 for cap and gown?!?! My school gave them to us for free.... we just paid $10 for a tassel.

User avatar
pearl_earrings
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:25 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby pearl_earrings » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:38 pm

I've missed 2 convocations... law school will be my first time donning a cap and gown!
(there's optimism for you - never mind acceptances, i've got my eye on the diploma)

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jaskat » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:50 pm

pearl_earrings wrote:I've missed 2 convocations... law school will be my first time donning a cap and gown!
(there's optimism for you - never mind acceptances, i've got my eye on the diploma)


All jokes aside, that's not a bad way to think about the next three years. We'll kill ourselves for that damn diploma!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: exitdoesnotexist, Long shot hero, proteinshake, uhwrestler and 14 guests