USS: Optimism

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jaskat

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jaskat » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:25 am

managamy wrote:Escaped one of the most disastrous days of the cycle so far without any dings or waitlists. Hope that everyone here was as fortunate!

Why was it so disastrous?

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:42 am

jaskat wrote:
managamy wrote:Escaped one of the most disastrous days of the cycle so far without any dings or waitlists. Hope that everyone here was as fortunate!

Why was it so disastrous?

Penn, UVA, and Columbia apparently issued a string of dings and WLs today.

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:56 am

Ouch! Why would they do that? I think they should organize amongst themselves and take turns dinging and wait-listing people. That way there's always SOME good news. I'm gonna go have a stern talk with these Deans... brb :P

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:14 am

jaskat wrote:Ouch! Why would they do that? I think they should organize amongst themselves and take turns dinging and wait-listing people. That way there's always SOME good news. I'm gonna go have a stern talk with these Deans... brb :P

By doing it at the same time, at least they only ruin one day instead of an entire week in an applicant's life.

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:03 am

But it balances out [strike]if[/strike] when you get an acceptance from one of the other two schools.

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:17 pm

MrsTrucker: Oh no! This ship was on page 2!! Bail water!! :shock:

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:53 pm

and it is again!!! WTF guys keep your heads up!!!
In at Wisconsin today via really long and boring email.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:08 pm

robin600 wrote:and it is again!!! WTF guys keep your heads up!!!
In at Wisconsin today via really long and boring email.

Congratulations, Robin! Keep the streak going...

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:09 pm

In at Stanford (my beloved UG) today!!! Two-thirds of the way to the much-coveted Triple Crown!

Third top-5 acceptance (fourth top-10), improved to 6-0 for the cycle overall.

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:42 pm

Congrats guys!

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:01 pm

jaskat wrote:Congrats guys!

Thanks jaskat! Any news from your end?? I'm sure they're just debating on how much money to give you because how cool you are!

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:02 pm

MrsTrucker: Congrats Robin!

D got into UVA today! :D And he's coming home tomorrow! YAY!! :D

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:13 pm

robin600 wrote:
jaskat wrote:Congrats guys!

Thanks jaskat! Any news from your end?? I'm sure they're just debating on how much money to give you because how cool you are!

Actually all the schools I applied to have told me they're waiting for my December scores, so I don't expect to hear anything yet.

Mrs. Trucker, yay! Congratulate Mr. Trucker on all of our behaves tomorrow.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:18 pm

TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Congrats Robin!

Wow, that's terrific although certainly not unexpected news. I hope that Tupper Ware is binky-ing in celebration!

UVA must be among D's top choices...looks like you'll have a very Merry Christmas!

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:32 pm

managamy wrote:

Wow, that's terrific although certainly not unexpected news. I hope that Tupper Ware is binky-ing in celebration!

UVA must be among D's top choices...looks like you'll have a very Merry Christmas!

MrsTrucker: Tupper is still not feeling his best. I have him in his cage for the rest of the night. Hopefully, he will feel better tomorrow. :( It makes me sad when my baby is sicky.

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:54 pm

TruckerD wrote:
managamy wrote:

MrsTrucker: Tupper is still not feeling his best. I have him in his cage for the rest of the night. Hopefully, he will feel better tomorrow. :( It makes me sad when my baby is sicky.

Don't be sad Mrs. Trucker, Tupper will be fine. Just imagine the kind of living arrangements you will be able to provide for him once D finishes law school at his and your choice of the top law schools in America. You can have little bunny slides, with a big bunny bed, and the best cilantro and carrots flown in from....well, I guess wherever that stuff grows well at...Plus, you may be able to afford a little Mrs. Tupper for Mr. Tupper....:D

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:03 pm

[quote="Philaw]

Plus, you may be able to afford a little Mrs. Tupper for Mr. Tupper....:D[/quote]

That thought should immediately improve Tupper's condition , if he's anything like me. :P

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:16 pm

managamy wrote:[

MrsTrucker: Yeah, we've been looking into some bun wifeys for Tupper. It all depends on where D decides to go to school.

BTW... here is what D and I want to build in our Bunny Room :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy4wRw7J1cA

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:49 am

TruckerD wrote:

MrsTrucker: Yeah, we've been looking into some bun wifeys for Tupper. It all depends on where D decides to go to school.

lol, I totally dig the soundtrack, too. If you need a guitarist for your own bunny skywalk video, I'm your man. Vocalist...not so much.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:51 am

Philaw wrote:
TruckerD wrote:

lol, I totally dig the soundtrack, too. If you need a guitarist for your own bunny skywalk video, I'm your man. Vocalist...not so much.

And if you need a pianist for anything, I'm happy to assist. I've heard that rabbits love Beethoven, Mozart, etc.

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:52 am

managamy wrote:
Philaw wrote:
TruckerD wrote:

And if you need a pianist for anything... I've heard that rabbits love Beethoven, Mozart, etc.

I had no idea....I can totally play the Fur Elise on guitar. I'm sure Bunnies like Skynyrd and Metallica too though, right?

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:54 am

Philaw wrote:
I had no idea....I can totally play the Fur Elise on guitar. I'm sure Bunnies like Skynyrd and Metallica too though, right?

Haha, the two of us are going to turn Tupper into a music connoiseur. I'll have to practice my scales a bit though.

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:00 am

managamy wrote:
Philaw wrote:

Haha, the two of us are going to turn Tupper into a music connoiseur. I'll have to practice my scales a bit though.

I could pull off "Locomotive Breath" by Jethro Tull if you could do the piano in that one...Tupper would be kickin' ass if we had somebody to play lead flute. :lol:

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:03 am

Philaw wrote:
managamy wrote:
Philaw wrote:

I could pull off "Locomotive Breath" by Jethro Tull if you could do the piano in that one...Tupper would be kickin' ass if we had somebody to play lead flute. :lol:

I actually do know a flutist, so Tupper may have a mini-band in his future.

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:54 am

managamy wrote:
Philaw wrote:
managamy wrote:
Philaw wrote:

I actually do know a flutist, so Tupper may have a mini-band in his future.

MrsTrucker: UMMM.. I hate to break up the teaching Tup to be a music connoisseur, but Tupper is 100% deaf. On the positive side, he's eating more and seems to be more active!! :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”