USS: Optimism

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:08 am

Philaw wrote:
From Harvard? It doesn't take an optimist to believe she will be given the chance...In fact, she may end up being your boss. :lol:


I'm a "he," actually. :lol:

But that was a pretty weak shot from the bunny. Still, I'd be delighted to be his boss. :wink:

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Philaw » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:10 am

managamy wrote:
Philaw wrote:
From Harvard? It doesn't take an optimist to believe she will be given the chance...In fact, she may end up being your boss. :lol:


I'm a "he," actually. :lol:

But that was a pretty weak shot from the bunny. Still, I'd be delighted to be his boss. :wink:


Yeah, I caught that after the fact. :mrgreen: The avatar/relationship comments from a while ago threw me.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:12 am

Philaw wrote:
managamy wrote:
Philaw wrote:
From Harvard? It doesn't take an optimist to believe she will be given the chance...In fact, she may end up being your boss. :lol:


I'm a "he," actually. :lol:

But that was a pretty weak shot from the bunny. Still, I'd be delighted to be his boss. :wink:


Yeah, I caught that after the fact. :mrgreen: The avatar/relationship comments from a while ago threw me.


I'm sure that the bunny would rather work for my avatar than me anyway. :lol:

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Philaw » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:18 am

managamy wrote:
Philaw wrote:
managamy wrote:
Philaw wrote:
From Harvard? It doesn't take an optimist to believe she will be given the chance...In fact, she may end up being your boss. :lol:


I'm a "he," actually. :lol:

But that was a pretty weak shot from the bunny. Still, I'd be delighted to be his boss. :wink:


Yeah, I caught that after the fact. :mrgreen: The avatar/relationship comments from a while ago threw me.


I'm sure that the bunny would rather work for my avatar than me anyway. :lol:


Maybe. Unless you really were as consescending as they call you...then the bunny would probably develop some sort of inferiority complex.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:21 am

Philaw wrote:
Maybe. Unless you really were as consescending as they call you...then the bunny would probably develop some sort of inferiority complex.


I can't imagine that he would ever develop an inferiority complex, can you? :wink:

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:38 am

Captain Tupper Ware is going to make all those on the USS Pessimism walk the plank! ARRRRGGG!!

Image

Captain Snuggle Bunny will be the first victim!! :lol:

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Philaw » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:52 am

TruckerD wrote:Captain Tupper Ware is going to make all those on the USS Pessimism walk the plank! ARRRRGGG!!

Image

Captain Snuggle Bunny will be the first victim!! :lol:


lol :lol:

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby calicocat » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:59 am

.
Last edited by calicocat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:05 am

Oli wrote:
managamy wrote:
Philaw wrote:
From Harvard? It doesn't take an optimist to believe she will be given the chance...In fact, she may end up being your boss. :lol:


I'm a "he," actually. :lol:



Yea managamy, this is definitely a problem worth discussing. I can't wrap my head around you being a guy with that avatar :P


Hmmm, shall we start with the birds and the bees? 8)

I'm glad that you enjoy my avatar too. :)

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby calicocat » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:32 am

.
Last edited by calicocat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:34 am

Oli wrote:
Well, being female myself, I wouldn't say I "enjoy" your avatar in the same way that you do. I guess I enjoy the ambiguity of imagining a guy talking when reading your posts. Keeps me on my toes.


Oops, my apologies! :oops: I pictured "Oli" as a nickname for "Oliver." Now I will enjoy the inverse of the ambiguity that is keeping you on your toes.

User avatar
Mr.Feeny
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:59 am

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Mr.Feeny » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:36 am

Oli wrote:
Oli wrote:
managamy wrote:
Philaw wrote:

I'm a "he," actually. :lol:



Yea managamy, this is definitely a problem worth discussing. I can't wrap my head around you being a guy with that avatar :P


Hmmm, shall we start with the birds and the bees? 8)

I'm glad that you enjoy my avatar too. :)


Well, being female myself, I wouldn't say I "enjoy" your avatar in the same way that you do. I guess I enjoy the ambiguity of imagining a guy talking when reading your posts. Keeps me on my toes.


my mind is blown.....i thought managamy was a girl and that oli was a guy......that was a curveball

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby calicocat » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:41 am

.
Last edited by calicocat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby calicocat » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:42 am

.
Last edited by calicocat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:45 am

I can't believe that no other male on TLS has a beautiful girl for his avatar...well, I've always wanted to be unique, unpredictable, and enigmatic. Mission accomplished, I guess.

Someone on the opposing fleet said that I write like a girl, which was a thought-provoking comment. I wasn't offended, but it did spark my curiosity. How does one write like a girl? And don't the mix-ups here rathern undermine that theory?

User avatar
Mr.Feeny
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:59 am

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Mr.Feeny » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:52 am

managamy wrote:I can't believe that no other male on TLS has a beautiful girl for his avatar...well, I've always wanted to be unique, unpredictable, and enigmatic. Mission accomplished, I guess.

Someone on the opposing fleet said that I write like a girl, which was a thought-provoking comment. I wasn't offended, but it did spark my curiosity. How does one write like a girl? And don't the mix-ups here rathern undermine that theory?


my guess....they probably saw your avatar and then read everything imagining you as a girl and nothing you wrote actually sounded girlish. change your avatar to mr. feeny, for example, and people will read everything as if you are an all-knowing male

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby calicocat » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:54 am

.
Last edited by calicocat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby calicocat » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:54 am

.
Last edited by calicocat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby SanBun » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:01 am

let the acceptances roll in (aka GULC give me good news)

User avatar
bighead715
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 am

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby bighead715 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:26 am

sorry guys

i have to do this one pessimistic thing

oli - the canucks suck :D and i hope the wings eliminate them from playoff contention (once the wings get their players back from injury and make the playoffs themselves)

Tofu
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Tofu » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:33 am

i don't know if someone can "write like a girl"

...but someone can definitely type in a way that would cause others to perceive him or her as a guy or a girl

it's less obvious when someone uses proper grammar and punctuation, though

i'm too lazy to go into the nuances (i think it's just something i've picked up from different forums and video games)

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby SanBun » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:13 am

managamy wrote:I can't believe that no other male on TLS has a beautiful girl for his avatar...well, I've always wanted to be unique, unpredictable, and enigmatic. Mission accomplished, I guess.

Someone on the opposing fleet said that I write like a girl, which was a thought-provoking comment. I wasn't offended, but it did spark my curiosity. How does one write like a girl? And don't the mix-ups here rathern undermine that theory?


managamy i've also noticed that you write like a girl-- i think it's just that your comments are so nice you you come off as super friendly, and looking at your pic that girl looks nice and friendly-- so for me, it's your words confirming the impression given by your pic

P.S.: I'm a girl, despite the angry looking man in my avatar :) what can i say I love Rilke

ughOSU
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby ughOSU » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:02 am

managamy wrote:I can't believe that no other male on TLS has a beautiful girl for his avatar...well, I've always wanted to be unique, unpredictable, and enigmatic. Mission accomplished, I guess.

Someone on the opposing fleet said that I write like a girl, which was a thought-provoking comment. I wasn't offended, but it did spark my curiosity. How does one write like a girl? And don't the mix-ups here rathern undermine that theory?

This cracks me up. Basically, you have a picture of some chick for your tar who doesn't look like a slut, and you don't behave like a complete jackass on these forums, so we all assumed you were a girl. I never had any doubt you were a chick until now.

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:37 am

I checked my status checkers this morning and saw that one of my top schools sent me to decision... I am sure that it was a result of this thread, and cannot wait to get my 50-100% scholarship in the mail!

Feelings, anyone? Anyone else feeling the positive vibes on this Monday morning?!?!? :D :D :D ??? Anyone? Trucker
D / Mrs. TruckerD? You're always good for some positivity!

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Philaw » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:58 pm

jackalope11 wrote:I checked my status checkers this morning and saw that one of my top schools sent me to decision... I am sure that it was a result of this thread, and cannot wait to get my 50-100% scholarship in the mail!

Feelings, anyone? Anyone else feeling the positive vibes on this Monday morning?!?!? :D :D :D ??? Anyone? Trucker
D / Mrs. TruckerD? You're always good for some positivity!


Very positive vibes this morning...and by the way, I totally thought that Oli and SanBun were guys and managamy was a chick...wow. I'm a guy, by the way, just in case anybody is confused by my lack of avatar, my witty demeanor, and my kindness. :wink: By the way, no e-mails from Georgetown today...check your mailboxes this evening! Georgetown said they were having a problem in their mailroom so to be checking!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests