USS: Optimism

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Philaw

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Philaw » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:49 pm

managamy wrote:
Oli wrote:I don't feel like searching...how were you compared to a retarded murderer managamy?

Haha, sometimes I think of comparing you to Yoshida Shigeru (in a flattering way). You have the curious distinction of being the last poster on both the pessimism and the optimism threads. Congratulations on the juggling act!

Something that I said understandably reminded other posters of Lenny in Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men." Nice, eh?

The goalie on the avatar and the name oli reminds me of, well, Oli the Goalie....Olaf Kolzig who played for the Washington Capitols and the Tri-City Americans before that in the WHL. He scored a goal from the goaltender's position back in '92. Great game.

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm

robin600 wrote:
SanBun wrote:HEEEEELP I need you optimists to help me
I am jetlagged , unable to fall asleep though it's nighttime over here and can't stop thinking about law school admissions. I feel so bad for not having heard back from most schools and am seriously starting to doubt whether I will get into any of my top choices

USS optimism save me from drowning :cry:

You are saved SanBun, we will sweat it out together :)

Totally sounds like an evangelical preacher, "and your SAVED!" *person gets slapped on the forehead and subsequently falls down from the holy spirit.*

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm

Oli wrote:I don't feel like searching...how were you compared to a retarded murderer managamy?

BTW, I PM'ed you about an unrelated matter.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:52 pm

Last edited by calicocat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:54 pm

Oli wrote:
managamy wrote:

Haha, sometimes I think of comparing you to Yoshida Shigeru (in a flattering way). You have the curious distinction of being the last poster on both the pessimism and the optimism threads. Congratulations on the juggling act!

Something that I said understandably reminded other posters of Lenny in Steinbeck's "Of Mice and Men." Nice, eh?

Hah only you would notice that! I'm feeling especially pessimistic today, I am just posting here cause I wanna know how you could be compared to a retarded murderer...of mice and men gavee nightmares for a month

Awww, please don't be scared of me now! I'm actually quite weak physically...

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:54 pm

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:02 am

Oli wrote:
Philaw wrote:
managamy wrote:

The goalie on the avatar and the name oli reminds me of, well, Oli the Goalie....Olaf Kolzig who played for the Washington Capitols and the Tri-City Americans before that in the WHL. He scored a goal from the goaltender's position back in '92. Great game.

I LOVE him...I was gonna make that my name but I thougt people would think I was a guy or a hockey player...none of which I am so...

I can't believe you even know who he is! Gender on this forum is SERIOUSLY confusing. I have been wrong about 60% people on TLS. :oops: But yeah, he now co-owns that WHL team and lives in the Tri-Cities with another NHL player that came out of the Tri-Cities, Stu Barnes. His house is ridiculously large for the area that is in. Another fun fact....the only Hispanic player in the NHL EVER came out of the Tri-Cities as well. Was rookie of the year.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:06 am

Philaw wrote:
robin600 wrote:
SanBun wrote:HEEEEELP I need you optimists to help me
I am jetlagged , unable to fall asleep though it's nighttime over here and can't stop thinking about law school admissions. I feel so bad for not having heard back from most schools and am seriously starting to doubt whether I will get into any of my top choices

USS optimism save me from drowning :cry:

You are saved SanBun, we will sweat it out together :)

Totally sounds like an evangelical preacher, "and your SAVED!" *person gets slapped on the forehead and subsequently falls down from the holy spirit.*

Haha you guys are awesome! Just LOLed at Philaw's post! Thanks managamy and robin!!

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:07 am

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:08 am

Knowing little about Canada's national pastime, I'm on very thin ice in this hockey conversation.

(There, that's my second pun / silly joke of the day. :D )

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:11 am

I'm totally lost. What is it with people and sports?

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:13 am

Oli wrote:I don't wanna quote 4 posts and I'm on my iPhone so it's hard to quote only one so Philaw:

I'm a big fan of Kolzig and I was totally crushed when he retired. I think he couldve easily gone longer if someone gave him a chance. I'm a fan of hockey in general not just the Canucks so I'm definitely chosing a school with a good team nearby that I can go watch and enjoy :)

Absolutely. I've played since I was barely able to walk, so I share that same sense of enthusiasm. I typically hated watching it when I was playing super-competitively, but now that I've been out of it for a bit, I find I enjoy watching it a TON more. Depending on where I end up and what I could afford, I would totally be a season-ticket holder. I dig the Canucks, but I was more a fan of Toronto back when they had Felix Potvin in the net. I played a bit in Vancouver as a teenager...played in Penticton, as well. (SO gorgeous there.)

Maybe I should apply to a Canadian school.... :idea:

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:14 am

I'm good only for tennis, although I do know the difference between the Indianapolis Colts and the Detroit Lions.

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:14 am

jaskat wrote:I'm totally lost. What is it with people and sports?

Hopefully the above post explains a bit.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:15 am

Philaw wrote:
jaskat wrote:I'm totally lost. What is it with people and sports?

Hopefully the above post explains a bit.

The above post exhausted me when I was trying to parse it.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:23 am

Last edited by calicocat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:26 am

Oli: for me, tennis = life. Especially women's tennis. Especially women's tennis involving 6-foot-plus gorgeous, stylish women. :P

I have to admit that I like the sport on more than an athletic level, although I definitely appreciate it in general as well.

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:30 am

managamy wrote:Oli: for me, tennis = life. Especially women's tennis. Especially women's tennis involving 6-foot-plus gorgeous, stylish women. :P

I have to admit that I like the sport on more than an athletic level, although I definitely appreciate it in general as well.

S. Williams is a man.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:31 am

Philaw wrote:
managamy wrote:Oli: for me, tennis = life. Especially women's tennis. Especially women's tennis involving 6-foot-plus gorgeous, stylish women. :P

S. Williams is a man.

S. Williams is neither 6 feet nor gorgeous nor stylish (usually), to me anyway. But she is highly entertaining to watch, other than a certain unfortunate incident recently.

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:37 am

[/quote]
Man I hate Toronto...managamy: hockey=life
I wouldn't mind living in LA, good up and comin team and would b interesting to watch (dirt cheap too). New York would be amazing, rangers and devils! Man...also dipietro is my favorite goalie so I'd be trucking out there every once in a while[/quote]

No Shit...Dipietro? He is SUPER aggressive in coming out of the net and playing around with the puck. When I was playing, I actually preferred taking a 1-on-1 shot than coming out of the net and chancing leaving the goal open. See, and I liked Felix Potvin's stand-up style, as opposed to all of the butterfly goalies of today. Patrick Roy REALLY kicked that off, and even lead to the decrease in pad size, as he was always trying to oversize his leg pads.

It always cracks me up to see Brett Hull announcing games now, too.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:43 am

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:46 am

Oli wrote:I loooove Roy!! He was amazing...I'm a BIG fan of all of the puck playing goalies DP, Turco, and Marty Brodeur are 3 of my faves

Now, I dig Turco, and I think he is WAAAY underrated right now. What a stud. He is absolutely amazing to watch.

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:57 am

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:02 am

Oli wrote:
Philaw wrote:
Oli wrote:I loooove Roy!! He was amazing...I'm a BIG fan of all of the puck playing goalies DP, Turco, and Marty Brodeur are 3 of my faves

Now, I dig Turco, and I think he is WAAAY underrated right now. What a stud. He is absolutely amazing to watch.

I'm going to see him play in January!!!! So stocked!!! Seats practically behind him :D:D:D

Wow, I want to congratulate you for that as though it were an acceptance or something, lol. That would be awesome though, I haven't been to a game in a LONG time. Never been to an NHL game though, only the WHL/IHL type games.

Lol, I totally still own copies of the Mighty Ducks, 1-3. Mike Modanno guest-starred in one of them. Emilio Esteves. Classic. :lol:

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:13 am

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”