USS: Optimism

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jaskat

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jaskat » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:38 pm

TruckerD wrote:
robin600 wrote:Good idea jaskat. will do!!!!

Hey jackalope??
http://www.ehow.com/how_2304127_take-te ... -shot.html

--ImageRemoved--

MrsTrucker: Ahhh..someone brought out the shots! Wow! I think we could get into some real trouble if we went out drinking IRL. :D

Just wait 2 and a half weeks! I'll join you guys !!! :P

robin600

Postby robin600 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:40 pm

TruckerD wrote:
robin600 wrote:Good idea jaskat. will do!!!!

Hey jackalope??
http://www.ehow.com/how_2304127_take-te ... -shot.html

--ImageRemoved--

MrsTrucker: Ahhh..someone brought out the shots! Wow! I think we could get into some real trouble if we went out drinking IRL. :D

I like trouble. I like tequila. This could be a great combo! Jaskat, I'm an hour a way from Canada (but it's so cold out it is Canada) I consider you legal, otherwise I'll take your shot for you!

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:42 pm

I'm getting my passport. Meet me by the falls. :P

robin600

Postby robin600 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:44 pm

jaskat wrote:I'm getting my passport. Meet me by the falls. :P

I got the tequila!

jackalope11

Postby jackalope11 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:24 pm

Dionysus wrote:I'm joining the USS: Optimism boat. Despite the fact that some of us may not get into our top choices, we have to keep in mind that all of us will hopefully end up at a great school that we enjoy being at, and that we'll go on to pursue successful careers.

Its easy to forget that this is a self-selecting board which consists of very ambitious individuals with high aspirations. I'm convinced that if someone has a strong desire to succeed, they inevitably will, even if their cycle turns out to be less than what they hoped for.

It is unbelievably appropriate that Dionysus joins our forum as we are talking about boozing it up. +1000 :mrgreen:

jackalope11

Postby jackalope11 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:25 pm

TruckerD wrote:
Dionysus wrote:I'm joining the USS: Optimism boat. Despite the fact that some of us may not get into our top choices, we have to keep in mind that all of us will hopefully end up at a great school that we enjoy being at, and that we'll go on to pursue successful careers.

Its easy to forget that this is a self-selecting board which consists of very ambitious individuals with high aspirations. I'm convinced that if someone has a strong desire to succeed, they inevitably will, even if their cycle turns out to be less than what they hoped for.

MrsTrucker: Welcome! Wow, that is funny. The minute we start talking about alcohol, Dionysus shows up!! :lol:

Geez... I need to start reading ahead before I post... Great minds, eh, Mrs. Trucker???

jackalope11

Postby jackalope11 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:27 pm

robin600 wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:
robin600 wrote:Sooo, I was held over at UIUC today. hmmm... AT LEAST I WASN'T REJECTED!!!! :P IDK what this really means though?

I would say that held over must mean that they like you enough to keep you as a candidate for awhile longer... That's a good start, if you ask me!!!

Is it appropriate to send an LOCI when I haven't been waitlisted, just held? I better start drafting it up!!

Honestly, Robin, I dunno... and I certainly wouldn't want anyone doing anything on my advice! :) I am just impressed that I know what an LOCI is! (I'm sooo hip.)

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:40 pm

jackalope11 wrote:
TruckerD wrote:

MrsTrucker: Welcome! Wow, that is funny. The minute we start talking about alcohol, Dionysus shows up!! :lol:

Geez... I need to start reading ahead before I post... Great minds, eh, Mrs. Trucker???

MrsTrucker: We are starting to think alike!! :shock: I think I will go crawl under the covers now....I is scared!! ;)

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:55 pm

So less talking about theoretical booze and more of the actual acquirement of said booze! ;)

robin600

Postby robin600 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:59 pm

Any Strongbow fans out there? I'm sipping one right now and it's friggin delicious!!!

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:08 pm

MrsTrucker: I soooo wish I had some alcohol here. :(

No worries though, my hubby's family is all about getting their drink on :P We are going to go stay with them for the week during Christmas, so I am sure I will be having some very yummy drinks soon!! :D

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:13 pm

I can't wait until New Years! Legal drinking!

fingerscrossed88

Postby fingerscrossed88 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:37 pm

This is an awesome thread. :)

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:44 pm

Somebody line me up a double. Just got a rejection from Pitt. This cycle is getting rough. Anyway, hows the optimism crew doing? Sounds like y'all started the party without me! Well, I'd better catch up then!

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Michigan, by Dec. 15....come on Mich....!!!!

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Philaw wrote:Somebody line me up a double. Just got a rejection from Pitt. This cycle is getting rough. Anyway, hows the optimism crew doing? Sounds like y'all started the party without me! Well, I'd better catch up then!

We've got plenty of great ways to drown your sorrows, Philaw! Pull up a chair and start squeezing a lime...

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:47 pm

Philaw wrote:Somebody line me up a double. Just got a rejection from Pitt. This cycle is getting rough. Anyway, hows the optimism crew doing? Sounds like y'all started the party without me! Well, I'd better catch up then!

aww bummer man! sorry to hear that.

how is the rest of the cycle going?

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:47 pm

managamy wrote:

We've got plenty of great ways to drown your sorrows, Philaw! Pull up a chair and start squeezing a lime...

Don't need a lime, bud. Just straight. I'f you've got some Crown I'll take a lil' ice though.

panadera

Postby panadera » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:49 pm

As a non-drinker, can I still join the optimism party but bring my diet dr. pepper with me?

My fingers are crossed for you Veritas! Is that the day they have to let you know?

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:49 pm

Veritas wrote:

I'm 0-4 and one deferral. It's rough. I'm ~156/3.54 and a URM, and on LSN they have people with significantly worse numbers than that getting in. Not sure what's up. Maybe I sent them a "Why Duke?" lol.

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:50 pm

kpd-m wrote:As a non-drinker, can I still join the optimism party but bring my diet dr. pepper with me?

My fingers are crossed for you Veritas! Is that the day they have to let you know?

Sure, but you have to take the helm, as I am going to drink HEAVILY tonight!

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:50 pm

kpd-m wrote:As a non-drinker, can I still join the optimism party but bring my diet dr. pepper with me?

yes, I was hoping for earlier, haha, but no......

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:51 pm

Philaw wrote:
managamy wrote:

Don't need a lime, bud. Just straight. I'f you've got some Crown I'll take a lil' ice though.

http://youoffendmeyouoffendmyfamily.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/crown_royal_on_ice.jpg

Delivered!

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:52 pm

Philaw wrote:
Veritas wrote:

I'm 0-4 and one deferral. It's rough. I'm ~156/3.54 and a URM, and on LSN they have people with significantly worse numbers than that getting in. Not sure what's up. Maybe I sent them a "Why Duke?" lol.

yes, this cycle is rough and unpredictable!

I was similar to you (numbers wise) last cycle, it's tough breaking into the top schools, good luck!

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:53 pm

But Mrs. Trucker, I did get a picture of my nephew today on an X-mas card from my sister....I'll pm you. She got me a Kindle. :D Now they need to start putting all textbooks on Kindle!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”