USS: Optimism

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:25 pm

TruckerD wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
HY?


MrsTrucker: No, for the simple fact that we would not get the financial assistance we need there. What I have not told people, and I guess I should do now to explain our situation, is that I am disabled. I don't work, and therefore D is the main income. We will be living off student loans for the next 3 years, so scholarships are a BIG consideration.



Mrs. Trucker, I am sorry to jump in here, and would never question Mr. Trucker's (or anyone's for that matter) selection of LS apps... that being said, allow me to question :P ... If it is the geography that is no bueno for HY, then I would certainly say nevermind...

But, if it's a money thing, I just checked LSAC and the median grant amount for H is almost 20K. With his numbers and background, I would think he would do substantially better than that... I mean... he's got numbers and huge WE in a non-trad job. I would think that he would leave them drooling. (For some reason, the thought of admissions officers drooling makes me giggle a little).

I don't know about fee waivers (Jacaklope would be laughed out of the building at these two), but methinks that perhaps he could e-mail and say he would love to apply, but is just a simple trucker and cannot afford to. (Full disclosure, Jackalopes really know what long-haul truck drivers make, but I don't think adcomms may :) ... Speaking of that, why does Mr. Trucker want to take a pay cut to graduate law school anyway? :D )

I am also nosy, so I checked the LSN page, and it certainly seems like there are some worthy candidates there, anyways (can he put in a good word for a lowly rabbit like me?)! I would just hate to see him sell himself short anywhere, seeing as how he seems to be, like, an admissions department's dream.

And what are these schools thinking where you're still pending?!?! Geez, if I were in there admissions department, I would be posting on here right now, trying to get you guys to hurry up and send a seat deposit! :lol:
Last edited by jackalope11 on Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:26 pm

Oh... and by the way...

TOP OF THE HEAP AGAIN, SUCKERS!!! :P

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:27 pm

TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Wow! :shock: Did I kill the thread, or what?



Heck no!

I was busy researching and typing my manifesto... Man, I was actually understating it when I said he was a goofball. :D I can't believe that there is any school in the country that wouldn't offer you guys a full ride to go there. Seriously.

Have you gotten those wet noodles off of back order yet?

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:28 pm

kpd-m wrote:
TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Wow! :shock: Did I kill the thread, or what?


Surely not. Are there any schools he hasn't heard from that you two would absolutely attend? I only ask because you have applied to several I've applied to- and it would be great to meet Tupper Ware ;)


MrsTrucker: Considering that many schools have not sent out scholarships, the ones we are really considering at the moment are Alabama, Illinois, and if they give a full scholly W&L. But that is just for now, when scholarships come out, who knows what will happen!! LOL :D

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:33 pm

jackalope11 wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
HY?


MrsTrucker: No, for the simple fact that we would not get the financial assistance we need there. What I have not told people, and I guess I should do now to explain our situation, is that I am disabled. I don't work, and therefore D is the main income. We will be living off student loans for the next 3 years, so scholarships are a BIG consideration.



Mrs. Trucker, I am sorry to jump in here, and would never question Mr. Trucker's (or anyone's for that matter) selection of LS apps... that being said, allow me to question :P ... If it is the geography that is no bueno for HY, then I would certainly say nevermind...

But, if it's a money thing, I just checked LSAC and the median grant amount for H is almost 20K. With his numbers and background, I would think he would do substantially better than that... I mean... he's got numbers and huge WE in a non-trad job. I would think that he would leave them drooling. (For some reason, the thought of admissions officers drooling makes me giggle a little).

I don't know about fee waivers (Jacaklope would be laughed out of the building at these two), but methinks that perhaps he could e-mail and say he would love to apply, but is just a simple trucker and cannot afford to. (Full disclosure, Jackalopes really know what long-haul truck drivers make, but I don't think adcomms may :) ... Speaking of that, why does Mr. Trucker want to take a pay cut to graduate law school anyway? :D )

I am also nosy, so I checked the LSN page, and it certainly seems like there are some worthy candidates there, anyways (can he put in a good word for a lowly rabbit like me?)! I would just hate to see him sell himself short anywhere, seeing as how he seems to be, like, an admissions department's dream.

And what are these schools thinking where you're still pending?!?! Geez, if I were in there admissions department, I would be posting on here right now, trying to get you guys to hurry up and send a seat deposit! :lol:


MrsTrucker: I agree that maybe he should have applied to Harvard, but it was, in the end, his decision. He decided against it (we had many conversations about Harvard), and I support him in that decision. I want him to have the most enjoyable 3 years he can have (I say enjoyable because he actually loves learning!). Yes, it would be awesome to say "I got into Harvard", but with his family, some of them would actually take offense if he did get in, and decided not to go. So, I think he made the right decision. :D

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:35 pm

kpd-m wrote:
TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Wow! :shock: Did I kill the thread, or what?


Surely not. Are there any schools he hasn't heard from that you two would absolutely attend? I only ask because you have applied to several I've applied to- and it would be great to meet Tupper Ware ;)


MrsTrucker: Speaking of Tupper, he had his first outdoor outing today! I have been training him on the leash and harness, and today I took him outside. He wasn't too sure about it, but started to hop around some and check things out. :D Next time, I will try and take a pic or two.

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jaskat » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Mrs. Trucker, if I miraculously get into UIUC and your husband attends, I would like to request a hug in advance.

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:37 pm

I can certainly understand that... besides, the fam might roll their eyes once he started dropping his r's and saying things like, "Well, that's what we used to say at Hah-vad." :lol:

Like I said before, he certainly has chosen some pretty worthy candidates for schools it looks like to my untrained eye... and I call them candidates because, with numbers like that and with Mrs. Trucker by his side, any school would be lucky to have him. (And, something tells me they know that too...)

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:40 pm

jaskat wrote:Mrs. Trucker, if I miraculously get into UIUC and your husband attends, I would like to request a hug in advance.


MrsTrucker: No problem! I love hugging peoples! :D

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:42 pm

jackalope11 wrote:I can certainly understand that... besides, the fam might roll their eyes once he started dropping his r's and saying things like, "Well, that's what we used to say at Hah-vad." :lol:

Like I said before, he certainly has chosen some pretty worthy candidates for schools it looks like to my untrained eye... and I call them candidates because, with numbers like that and with Mrs. Trucker by his side, any school would be lucky to have him. (And, something tells me they know that too...)


MrsTrucker: Awww... Thank you so much Jackalope!! Yeah, his southern family would think us odd if we started the Yankee speech LOL ;)

So, any news on your cycle?? We've still got more than a week left till Christmas! Anything can happen, tis the season for surprises!! :D

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jaskat » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:43 pm

Excellent! I'd like to reserve mine for finals week. I think everyone needs a hug during that time.

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:49 pm

TruckerD wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:I can certainly understand that... besides, the fam might roll their eyes once he started dropping his r's and saying things like, "Well, that's what we used to say at Hah-vad." :lol:

Like I said before, he certainly has chosen some pretty worthy candidates for schools it looks like to my untrained eye... and I call them candidates because, with numbers like that and with Mrs. Trucker by his side, any school would be lucky to have him. (And, something tells me they know that too...)


MrsTrucker: Awww... Thank you so much Jackalope!! Yeah, his southern family would think us odd if we started the Yankee speech LOL ;)

So, any news on your cycle?? We've still got more than a week left till Christmas! Anything can happen, tis the season for surprises!! :D



Nothing yet... though I haven't checked anything in the last 17 seconds, so you never know! I spent all morning staring at the phone, willing it to ring with a northern latitude area code... but the force does not, apparently, run strong in this one so nothing ever happened... :D

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jaskat » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Patience young Padawan. :mrgreen:

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:59 pm

jackalope11 wrote:
Nothing yet... though I haven't checked anything in the last 17 seconds, so you never know! I spent all morning staring at the phone, willing it to ring with a northern latitude area code... but the force does not, apparently, run strong in this one so nothing ever happened... :D


Here is some yummy peppermint hot cocoa to soothe your spirit while waiting :D

Image

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:12 pm

TruckerD wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:
Nothing yet... though I haven't checked anything in the last 17 seconds, so you never know! I spent all morning staring at the phone, willing it to ring with a northern latitude area code... but the force does not, apparently, run strong in this one so nothing ever happened... :D


Here is some yummy peppermint hot cocoa to soothe your spirit while waiting :D

Image



Mmmm.... delicious peppermint.... 'Tis the season, right???

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:13 pm

jaskat wrote:Patience young Padawan. :mrgreen:


I was trying to work some Yoda in, but I think it was going to be too obscure for me to even get. :lol:

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:20 pm

You guys are great. Period.

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Philaw wrote:You guys are great. Period.


MrsTrucker: So are you, Philaw!! :D

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Philaw wrote:You guys are great. Period.


:oops: Awww.... shucks.

Being that this is your thread, I will take you at your word, Phi... Also, you're great too! You should spend some more time around here ... we get lonely with it usually just being Mrs. Trucker, jaskat, and the friendly jackalope... :)

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:30 pm

MrsTrucker: We are a small, yet loyal, crew on the USS: Optimism!

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:40 pm

jackalope11 wrote:
Philaw wrote:You guys are great. Period.


:oops: Awww.... shucks.

Being that this is your thread, I will take you at your word, Phi... Also, you're great too! You should spend some more time around here ... we get lonely with it usually just being Mrs. Trucker, jaskat, and the friendly jackalope... :)


I wish I could Jack...Unfortunately, one of my finals is looking like it is going to end up being about 20 pages long, and I still have to study for this crazy organic chemistry final. Plus, I still have to write another final paper too, and I only have a week to do it, coupled with 56 hour workweeks, plus my boss and another worker took the week off, and so it is pretty much me running the show...during finals week....:x She says, "I feel guilty taking the week off, but...."

Anyway, I've got to get back to work. I just thought I would stop in earlier and say what I thought. Afternoon, everyone!

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Joan Hollaway » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:40 pm

just saw some on LSN who got into NYU with my numbers slightly lower than mine= me being optimistic for the time being

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:42 pm

Philaw wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:
Philaw wrote:You guys are great. Period.


:oops: Awww.... shucks.

Being that this is your thread, I will take you at your word, Phi... Also, you're great too! You should spend some more time around here ... we get lonely with it usually just being Mrs. Trucker, jaskat, and the friendly jackalope... :)


I wish I could Jack...Unfortunately, one of my finals is looking like it is going to end up being about 20 pages long, and I still have to study for this crazy organic chemistry final. Plus, I still have to write another final paper too, and I only have a week to do it, coupled with 56 hour workweeks, plus my boss and another worker took the week off, and so it is pretty much me running the show...during finals week....:x She says, "I feel guilty taking the week off, but...."

Anyway, I've got to get back to work. I just thought I would stop in earlier and say what I thought. Afternoon, everyone!


Nice... don't you love it when you get left as the last one at the helm... You know that the conversation is not going to end well when it starts, "I sure am guilty about this, but..."

If it's any consolation, I've been sitting here for the better part of an hour with a 20 pager due myself, and I keep drifting back to the good ship Optimism. :D

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:45 pm

jackalope11 wrote:
Philaw wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:
Philaw wrote:You guys are great. Period.


:oops: Awww.... shucks.

Being that this is your thread, I will take you at your word, Phi... Also, you're great too! You should spend some more time around here ... we get lonely with it usually just being Mrs. Trucker, jaskat, and the friendly jackalope... :)


I wish I could Jack...Unfortunately, one of my finals is looking like it is going to end up being about 20 pages long, and I still have to study for this crazy organic chemistry final. Plus, I still have to write another final paper too, and I only have a week to do it, coupled with 56 hour workweeks, plus my boss and another worker took the week off, and so it is pretty much me running the show...during finals week....:x She says, "I feel guilty taking the week off, but...."

Anyway, I've got to get back to work. I just thought I would stop in earlier and say what I thought. Afternoon, everyone!


Nice... don't you love it when you get left as the last one at the helm... You know that the conversation is not going to end well when it starts, "I sure am guilty about this, but..."

If it's any consolation, I've been sitting here for the better part of an hour with a 20 pager due myself, and I keep drifting back to the good ship Optimism. :D


MrsTrucker: It's addicting...like candy :D

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:49 pm

And I LIKE me some candy! :lol:

One of these days, I will get accepted somewhere... then! I will become a productive member of society again.

Hopefully, this may even happen before the end of finals week. :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin and 9 guests