USS: Optimism

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CardinalRules

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:38 am

KansasSplitter wrote:I am going to hop aboard this ship as of this evening...it feels excellent. I was admitted at a school where LSP had me at a Deny, < 5% chance.

There is hope on your longshots, don't completely give up.

That news calls for a special celebration!

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:39 am

Fair tidings to all and the best of luck! Happy holidays!

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:46 am

Best of luck to you too! Are you going somewhere for the holidays?

jackalope11

Postby jackalope11 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:23 am

Philaw wrote:
Philaw wrote:
MrsTrucker: I may be a woman, but even I know that ANY man would want to pet that avatar! LOL

Mrs. Trucker: I did have my own concerns with that comment, but only because of the word usage...."pet" her? :| I understand though, managamy....just...yeah.

In other news, that is an awesome picture of Tupper Ware, I'm almost finished with one of my painstaking finals, still no word from anybody, TruckerD is a humble genius and I had no idea, Mrs. Trucker is like the sweetest lady ever, and people are getting more optimistic by the day. If I had a Budweiser in my hand, I'd say life would be juuust abooout right.

and jackalope.....it's cool to throw punches in bunches with the posts....forgot to add that. :wink: And is Managamy SERIOUSLY going to hit the trifecta and get into all three of HYS???? wow. :shock: Good luck!

Grrrreat!!! Then I will continue to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee! (But a very friendly bee...) :)

jackalope11

Postby jackalope11 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:27 am

KansasSplitter wrote:I am going to hop aboard this ship as of this evening...it feels excellent. I was admitted at a school where LSP had me at a Deny, < 5% chance.

Congrats KS! We're all here hoping to live that dream, believe me! Again, great job!!!

Well, except for TruckerD who was a double-secret jeanyous and didn't even tell anyone until recently, and only sees "Strong Consider" on LSP at HYS. But it's cool, because Mrs. Trucker will make him give us jobs when we graduate. :lol:

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:01 am

jackalope11 wrote:

Congrats KS! We're all here hoping to live that dream, believe me! Again, great job!!!

Well, except for TruckerD who was a double-secret jeanyous and didn't even tell anyone until recently, and only sees "Strong Consider" on LSP at HYS. But it's cool, because Mrs. Trucker will make him give us jobs when we graduate. :lol:

I'm really surprised that TruckerD didn't take a flyer on at least one or two of the top 6, especially some mixture of Yale, Stanford, and Berkeley, which love softs. He has perfectly competitive stats (more than competitive by Berkeley standards) and an amazing story. I would have thought that it might have been worth a gamble, or two, or three. Actually, Berkeley or NYU wouldn't be much of a gamble at all.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:14 am

Congrats! what are your stats and where did u get the nod from?

Everytime I hear a story like this I secretly cringe wishing it was me

KansasSplitter

Postby KansasSplitter » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:30 am

Thanks!! It was Minnesota...I'm at their 25th on LSAT, well beneath 25th on GPA. Also a non-traditional URM with a pretty accomplished work history in the three years since graduation. This was the first reach I'd heard from this cycle and I've been complete practically everywhere since early to mid-September.

With your amazing softs, I'm sure you'll be getting some great news in the next few weeks.

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:30 pm

KansasSplitter wrote:

Thanks!! It was Minnesota...I'm at their 25th on LSAT, well beneath 25th on GPA. Also a non-traditional URM with a pretty accomplished work history in the three years since graduation. This was the first reach I'd heard from this cycle and I've been complete practically everywhere since early to mid-September.

With your amazing softs, I'm sure you'll be getting some great news in the next few weeks.

Wow, congratulations! I hope this is true, as I am tuly a longshot at some of my top schools, but I am still optimistic.

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:35 pm

Congratulations on Minnesota! Kansas!

In less exciting news, I got into Northeastern with a 25.5k scholly today. :)

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:35 pm

MrsTrucker: Good Morning Everyone! It's going to be a great day, I can feel it!! :D

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:36 pm

jaskat wrote:Congratulations on Minnesota! Kansas!

In less exciting news, I got into Northeastern with a 25.5k scholly today. :)

Congrats Jaskat!! Any school acceptance with scholly is great news!! :D Keep them comin!!

jackalope11

Postby jackalope11 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:02 pm

TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Good Morning Everyone! It's going to be a great day, I can feel it!! :D

Geez, Mrs. Trucker... I really, really, really, really hope so... There are two schools that I would drop everything and attend, no matter what, and my status checker just updated on one of them today.

Oh please, oh please, oh puh-leeeeeeease send the Jackalope all of your good wishes today fellow Optimists!

Philaw

Postby Philaw » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:06 pm

jackalope11 wrote:
TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Good Morning Everyone! It's going to be a great day, I can feel it!! :D

Geez, Mrs. Trucker... I really, really, really, really hope so... There are two schools that I would drop everything and attend, no matter what, and my status checker just updated on one of them today.

Oh please, oh please, oh puh-leeeeeeease send the Jackalope all of your good wishes today fellow Optimists!

:D Good luck, Jackalope! What a great X-mas present!

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:07 pm

jackalope11 wrote:

MrsTrucker: Will do, buckaroo!! :D

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:07 pm

*sends large waives of optimism and thoughts of fuzzy bunnies to jackalope* :mrgreen:

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:08 pm

managamy wrote:I'm really surprised that TruckerD didn't take a flyer on at least one or two of the top 6, especially some mixture of Yale, Stanford, and Berkeley, which love softs. He has perfectly competitive stats (more than competitive by Berkeley standards) and an amazing story. I would have thought that it might have been worth a gamble, or two, or three. Actually, Berkeley or NYU wouldn't be much of a gamble at all.

I just looked at TruckerD's stats for the first time... goddamn. How do you have numbers that good and not apply for the T6??? You can't lose with those numbers, you'll get in at least one of them, and honestly probably most of them!

calicocat

Postby calicocat » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:48 pm

Last edited by calicocat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

WhyBother?

Postby WhyBother? » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:50 pm

Edit: Nevermind, I somehow missed the earlier post where you answered my question. Anyway, CONGRATS!
Last edited by WhyBother? on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:55 pm

Oli wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
managamy wrote:I'm really surprised that TruckerD didn't take a flyer on at least one or two of the top 6, especially some mixture of Yale, Stanford, and Berkeley, which love softs. He has perfectly competitive stats (more than competitive by Berkeley standards) and an amazing story. I would have thought that it might have been worth a gamble, or two, or three. Actually, Berkeley or NYU wouldn't be much of a gamble at all.

I just looked at TruckerD's stats for the first time... goddamn. How do you have numbers that good and not apply for the T6??? You can't lose with those numbers, you'll get in at least one of them, and honestly probably most of them!

+1 I checked them out the other day. Mrs.Trucker, apply for him at all the T6 schools and then give him an acceptance as a Christmas present

MrsTrucker: Sorry guys, but it ain't gonna happen. D wants to go to schools he actually likes. We don't want to go to the T6 because we don't want to live in NYC, Cali, or Chicago. Believe me, we've discussed this a lot!! LOL

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:41 pm

TruckerD wrote:
Oli wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:

+1 I checked them out the other day. Mrs.Trucker, apply for him at all the T6 schools and then give him an acceptance as a Christmas present

MrsTrucker: Sorry guys, but it ain't gonna happen. D wants to go to schools he actually likes. We don't want to go to the T6 because we don't want to live in NYC, Cali, or Chicago. Believe me, we've discussed this a lot!! LOL

I think I respect your husband more, Mrs. Trucker.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:41 pm

TruckerD wrote:
Oli wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:

HY?

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:49 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
HY?

MrsTrucker: No, for the simple fact that we would not get the financial assistance we need there. What I have not told people, and I guess I should do now to explain our situation, is that I am disabled. I don't work, and therefore D is the main income. We will be living off student loans for the next 3 years, so scholarships are a BIG consideration.

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:21 pm

MrsTrucker: Wow! :shock: Did I kill the thread, or what?

panadera

Postby panadera » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:25 pm

TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Wow! :shock: Did I kill the thread, or what?

Surely not. Are there any schools he hasn't heard from that you two would absolutely attend? I only ask because you have applied to several I've applied to- and it would be great to meet Tupper Ware ;)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”