USS: Optimism

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jackalope11

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:13 pm

jaskat wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:
managamy wrote:
jaskat wrote:I like you! Specially because of your picture! :mrgreen:

+1. Who wouldn't like you, really?

Oh... you know... the usual...

Knights who say "NE!"

King Arthur.

Tim the Enchanter.

Pessimists.

The usual. 8)

you might get a groupie soon ;)

Sweet! See that, Mrs. Trucker? I've got peeps!

jackalope11

Postby jackalope11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:14 pm

AND 16!!!

(Does Snoopy dances)

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:14 pm

jackalope11 wrote:Anybody ever notice that I post in bunches?

Is that bad? Am I breaking some unknown rule of the internets?

I just get sooo excited to post!

Well, somehow I think this thread actually allows that, though you should keep in mind it's going to be the exception and not the rule...

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:14 pm

YES IT IS BAD... Because I don't do that...nooooo!

jackalope11

Postby jackalope11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:19 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
Well, somehow I think this thread actually allows that, though you should keep in mind it's going to be the exception and not the rule...

Nice... I knew I was in the right place.

Also, couldn't help but notice your posts on Pessimism... Hmm... Pot and kettle much? Hee HEEE! (Kidding!)

And that is one GRAPHIC picture... sheesh. :lol:

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:22 pm

MrsTrucker: Wait!! I thought I was your groupie, Jackalope!! LOL

Managamy, as for the long list of schools, D wasn't sure that even with his numbers that they would accept him, with his unconventional background. He is very humble that way, and not in the fake way either. He is still dumbfounded by the acceptances, and finally today he mentioned to me that maybe he shouldn't have applied to so many schools! LOL... (something I had said repeatedly!) :D

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:25 pm

TruckerD wrote:

Managamy, as for the long list of schools, D wasn't sure that even with his numbers that they would accept him, with his unconventional background. He is very humble that way, and not in the fake way either. He is still dumbfounded by the acceptances, and finally today he mentioned to me that maybe he shouldn't have applied to so many schools! LOL... (something I had said repeatedly!) :D

I was the pot calling the kettle black there, and my recommenders said the same thing to me that you told him. To be honest, I think that his unconventional background is really an asset at the top schools, who are looking for diversity.

Do I detect an ever-so-gentle putdown in the bolded statement above, or have the pessimists just made me over-sensitive?

jackalope11

Postby jackalope11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:26 pm

TruckerD wrote:

Are you kidding me? Unconventional background (shakes head in disbelief). I hope you lash him with a wet noodle for that.

Let's see... he has (in no particular order):

#1. The numbers...
#2. What seems like an interesting story...
#3. The WE
#3. Mrs. Trucker backing him up...

Seriously... what a goofball. :D

I can't believe with his stats that some of these schools didn't send a representative to try and sell HIM on attending.

I'm thinking about asking for an LOR. :D

jackalope11

Postby jackalope11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:27 pm

managamy wrote:
TruckerD wrote:

I was the pot calling the kettle black there, and my recommenders said the same thing to me that you told him. To be honest, I think that his unconventional background is really an asset at the top schools, who are looking for diversity.

Do I detect an ever-so-gentle putdown in the bolded statement above, or have the pessimists just made me over-sensitive?

:mrgreen: Emphasis added to correct interpretation.

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:29 pm

managamy wrote:
TruckerD wrote:

LOL..no not at all. It's just that someone on here once commented on D and his "fake" humility. Believe me, it's not fake. :D

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:31 pm

jackalope11 wrote:
TruckerD wrote:

Are you kidding me? Unconventional background (shakes head in disbelief). I hope you lash him with a wet noodle for that.

Let's see... he has (in no particular order):

#1. The numbers...
#2. What seems like an interesting story...
#3. The WE
#3. Mrs. Trucker backing him up...

Seriously... what a goofball. :D

I can't believe with his stats that some of these schools didn't send a representative to try and sell HIM on attending.

I'm thinking about asking for an LOR. :D

MrsTrucker: LOL...he is very much the goofball! And believe me, the wet noodles have been ordered, but apparently I'm not the only one ordering, they are on back order!! ;)

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:33 pm

MrsTrucker: Now kiddos! Here is what you have been waiting for all day.... it's the daily picture of Mr. Tupper Ware!

I think I woke him up, that's why he looks like a little grump! :D

jackalope11

Postby jackalope11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:06 pm

TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Now kiddos! Here is what you have been waiting for all day.... it's the daily picture of Mr. Tupper Ware!

I look forward to it every day...

And I certainly understand him being grumpy. The jackalope runs on coffee for about the first two hours of being awake every morning. :)

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:13 pm

jackalope11 wrote:
TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Now kiddos! Here is what you have been waiting for all day.... it's the daily picture of Mr. Tupper Ware!

I look forward to it every day...

And I certainly understand him being grumpy. The jackalope runs on coffee for about the first two hours of being awake every morning. :)

D and I were going to try to find reindeer antlers and put them on his head, but then we thought.... we prefer our hands intact! LOL :lol:

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:16 pm

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE! That's adorable! My university just had a study break in where they asked the surrounding community to bring their pets so we could pet them. I just spent 40 minutes petting 2 bunnies, a cat and god knows how many dogs! I am in a state of bliss so naturally I had to post here and spread the cheer!

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:19 pm

jaskat wrote:SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE! That's adorable! My university just had a study break in where they asked the surrounding community to bring their pets so we could pet them. I just spent 40 minutes petting 2 bunnies, a cat and god knows how many dogs! I am in a state of bliss so naturally I had to post here and spread the cheer!

For real?? What is your UG? I bet that the pets are in a state of bliss as well.

Awww, I would love to pet a bunny.

But I'll settle for petting my avatar.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:21 pm

jaskat wrote:SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE! That's adorable! My university just had a study break in where they asked the surrounding community to bring their pets so we could pet them. I just spent 40 minutes petting 2 bunnies, a cat and god knows how many dogs! I am in a state of bliss so naturally I had to post here and spread the cheer!

My school does something similar where we take the kennel dogs/cats out for walks. Even though it was so cold today I saw the cutest little mini weiner dog that made me smile. I'm not gonna lie, I haven't smiled since the Georgetown rejection. I'm glad to be smiling again!!!!

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:26 pm

Animals always make people happy, I'm glad they got to you after the Georgetown incident.

The pets didn't want to leave the students, and the students certainly didn't want to leave the pets Managamy :) (P.S. PMing my UG name, since I'm a little paranoid of the internet)

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:33 pm

jaskat wrote:Animals always make people happy, I'm glad they got to you after the Georgetown incident.

The pets didn't want to leave the students, and the students certainly didn't want to leave the pets Managamy :) (P.S. PMing my UG name, since I'm a little paranoid of the internet)

MrsTrucker: I love all animals! Doggies, kitties, bunnies, ferrets, guineas, chinchillies...they are all so cute!! :D

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:46 pm

TruckerD wrote:
jaskat wrote:Animals always make people happy, I'm glad they got to you after the Georgetown incident.

MrsTrucker: I love all animals! Doggies, kitties, bunnies, ferrets, guineas, chinchillies...they are all so cute!! :D

Yeah, so do I! I'm actually currently trying to convince my parents to let me get a hamster to go along with my dog, cat and turtle.

(A picture of my 10 month old kitten, although she's 6 months old in the picture)

panadera

Postby panadera » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:05 pm

managamy wrote:

For real?? What is your UG? I bet that the pets are in a state of bliss as well.

No one has commented on this yet. :shock:

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:22 pm

kpd-m wrote:
managamy wrote:

No one has commented on this yet. :shock:

MrsTrucker: I may be a woman, but even I know that ANY man would want to pet that avatar! LOL

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:32 pm

It may sound odd, but I credit my avatar (and one or two others like her) for keeping me focused on my studies during university. Since all of the girls around me seem banal by comparison, I haven't felt much incentive to spend time pursuing them.

Besides, I am hoping that a top-level JD will help me win the heart of a girl who is as beautiful, gentle, kind, and intelligent as the one who is pictured in my avatar. Which is probably the most optimistic sentiment yet expressed in this thread.

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:37 pm

You'll definitely get a girl with all those qualities, and the law degree will definitely help your chances, lol.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:39 pm

jaskat wrote:You'll definitely get a girl with all those qualities, and the law degree will definitely help your chances, lol.

Thanks for the +1. :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”