USS: Optimism

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:55 am

managamy wrote:Jumping back on for a moment to breathe some clearer air. I've been spending too much time with the pessimists recently, engaged in masochistic activities. Perhaps I should make a resolution to ditch them altogether?


MrsTrucker: Good morning Managamy! It is entirely up to you whether you ditch them or not. One rule we have on this ship is we love everyone, whether they go over to the dark side at times or not. ;) Just remember we are always here for moral support! :D

User avatar
fulkersonr1
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby fulkersonr1 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:42 pm

Just want to say been checking this thread for awhile and love everyones positive outlooks! Im sure we will all get some really good news and some bad news during the cycle and its nice to hear from people that keep their heads up! So far things are going good for me, now if I can just win the lotto so I can pay tuition :D

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby panadera » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:59 pm

Penn acceptances are going out. Whether or not anyone in this thread gets one, it's still exciting. Particularly since it's mainly ED kids getting in to their first choice. Makes me smile. :)

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby finalaspects » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:04 pm

managamy wrote:Jumping back on for a moment to breathe some clearer air. I've been spending too much time with the pessimists recently, engaged in masochistic activities. Perhaps I should make a resolution to ditch them altogether?


I think its the fact that you got into some of the best law schools but yet you're posting over there... they probably feel as if you're just rubbing it in. narcissistic behavior? even the fact that you're talking about just leaving them alone instead of actually doing it...

im glad for you though and i want to wish everyone else GL!

User avatar
bryntax
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby bryntax » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:05 pm

o hai everyone, sup in dis fred?

can i be optimistic in here about getting a good LSAT score, and thereby getting into some rad schools?

rock on! :D

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Philaw » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:07 pm

bryntax wrote:o hai everyone, sup in dis fred?

can i be optimistic in here about getting a good LSAT score, and thereby getting into some rad schools?

rock on! :D


Sure, and good luck! It's not that bad as long as you learn how to work the problems and manage your time. I neglected my studying a bit and suffered for it, but it's not as overwhelming as many make it out to be. You'll do fine. Again, good luck!

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:08 pm

kpd-m wrote:Penn acceptances are going out. Whether or not anyone in this thread gets one, it's still exciting. Particularly since it's mainly ED kids getting in to their first choice. Makes me smile. :)


I'm going to go light some incense and pray to the Buddha shrine now. -_-

User avatar
bryntax
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby bryntax » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:16 pm

Philaw wrote:
bryntax wrote:o hai everyone, sup in dis fred?

can i be optimistic in here about getting a good LSAT score, and thereby getting into some rad schools?

rock on! :D


Sure, and good luck! It's not that bad as long as you learn how to work the problems and manage your time. I neglected my studying a bit and suffered for it, but it's not as overwhelming as many make it out to be. You'll do fine. Again, good luck!


hay thanks! i actually just took it the 2nd time saturday, so this is it... think i did better than last time though! now i wait :)

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:12 pm

MrsTrucker: Help! We were on page 2!! :shock: Time to get the positive vibes flowing again!! :D

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:18 pm

Okay... So, been busy today.... so I haven't had too much time yet to post.

However, I have lurked around the acceptance threads and my head is hanging a little, as I have received no acceptances and everyone else seems to be getting about $1,000,000 to go to law school.

Not pessimism here, I'm looking for a pick me up... :?

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:19 pm

TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Help! We were on page 2!! :shock: Time to get the positive vibes flowing again!! :D


Yeah, and coming on here and not finding USS Optimism on the home page didn't help my day any either!!! :P

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:21 pm

jackalope11 wrote:
TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Help! We were on page 2!! :shock: Time to get the positive vibes flowing again!! :D


Yeah, and coming on here and not finding USS Optimism on the home page didn't help my day any either!!! :P


MrsTrucker: Let's get the party starting! Christmas is only 16 days away!! YAY! Acceptances are coming soon!!! :D

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:24 pm

Mrs. Trucker, I knew I could count on you!

Any cute Tupper Ware picks today? :D

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby panadera » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:30 pm

TruckerD wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:
TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Help! We were on page 2!! :shock: Time to get the positive vibes flowing again!! :D


Yeah, and coming on here and not finding USS Optimism on the home page didn't help my day any either!!! :P


MrsTrucker: Let's get the party starting! Christmas is only 16 days away!! YAY! Acceptances are coming soon!!! :D


16 days?! Whoo!!

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:39 pm

jackalope11 wrote:Mrs. Trucker, I knew I could count on you!

Any cute Tupper Ware picks today? :D


I had to bribe him with a frosted mini wheat for this pic! LOL

Image

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Philaw » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:42 pm

TruckerD wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:Mrs. Trucker, I knew I could count on you!

Any cute Tupper Ware picks today? :D


I had to bribe him with a frosted mini wheat for this pic! LOL

Image


It's a good one though...And don't even worry jackalope, I haven't got one yet, but like we've talked about in the past, even the hard times lead to good things. Besides, it takes a long time to add up how much they want to pay you for a stipend in addition to tution for 3 years. :wink:

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Veritas » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:44 pm

TruckerD wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:Mrs. Trucker, I knew I could count on you!

Any cute Tupper Ware picks today? :D


I had to bribe him with a frosted mini wheat for this pic! LOL

Image

aww precious

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:59 pm

Veritas wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:Mrs. Trucker, I knew I could count on you!

Any cute Tupper Ware picks today? :D


I had to bribe him with a frosted mini wheat for this pic! LOL

Image

aww precious


Thank you Veritas! He is a little stinker at times, but he gets away with so much because he is deaf. LOL

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:00 pm

This thread is too fluffy for me.

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:07 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:This thread is too fluffy for me.


MrsTrucker: Fluffy and cuddly :D Just like me! ;) LOL

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:53 pm

finalaspects wrote:
I think its the fact that you got into some of the best law schools but yet you're posting over there... they probably feel as if you're just rubbing it in. narcissistic behavior? even the fact that you're talking about just leaving them alone instead of actually doing it...

im glad for you though and i want to wish everyone else GL!


+a lot. That's exactly what I've been doing, in response to their vicious criticism of what was initially genuine encouragement. I think that it's time to stop. Callling a ceasefire for the holidays, and heading off to get my sister some Christmas presents!

Good luck to pessimism infiltrators, not in infiltrating but in more important matters! :D

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:09 pm

managamy wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
I think its the fact that you got into some of the best law schools but yet you're posting over there... they probably feel as if you're just rubbing it in. narcissistic behavior? even the fact that you're talking about just leaving them alone instead of actually doing it...

im glad for you though and i want to wish everyone else GL!


+a lot. That's exactly what I've been doing, in response to their vicious criticism of what was initially genuine encouragement. I think that it's time to stop. Callling a ceasefire for the holidays, and heading off to get my sister some Christmas presents!

Good luck to pessimism infiltrators, not in infiltrating but in more important matters! :D


MrsTrucker: They can infiltrate all they want, but they can't stop our good moods! Optimists unite!! :D

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:30 pm

TruckerD wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:Mrs. Trucker, I knew I could count on you!

Any cute Tupper Ware picks today? :D


I had to bribe him with a frosted mini wheat for this pic! LOL

Image



That's what I'm talking about! Who can look at a fluffy little bunny, and not crack a smile? Thanks, Mrs. Trucker!

What has two thumbs and thinks that bunnies are the cutest little creatures (points at self with double thumbs)? This guy/gal! (Jackalopes enjoy a good mystery.) Can't help it... I'm a sucker for cute animals. Ask my cat.

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:31 pm

So any takers on who breaks into the top message on 14?

I going with Jackalope! :P

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:32 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:This thread is too fluffy for me.



C'mon, Frosty... with a 'tar like yours, you should be all about happy, fluffy threads!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: uhwrestler and 7 guests