USS: Optimism

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:12 am

It's worth checking out the Pessimism thread at the moment. You might not be able to recognize it. :D :D :D

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby tomhobbes » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:14 am

Never has optimism been so annoying.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Ragged » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:14 am

managamy wrote:It's worth checking out the Pessimism thread at the moment. You might not be able to recognize it. :D :D :D


Yes you bastard, you just couldn't keep your avatar to yourself could you. :P

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:15 am

Ragged wrote:
managamy wrote:It's worth checking out the Pessimism thread at the moment. You might not be able to recognize it. :D :D :D


Yes you bastard, you just couldn't keep your avatar to yourself could you. :P


I am a very generous person and enjoy sharing with my friends.

User avatar
bettielocke
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby bettielocke » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:28 am

In the name of happiness and optimism, this should make it all the more bearable:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bmhjf0rKe8

i don't even like cats.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:38 am

Oh well, things got better for a while anyway. Right around the early to mid-20 pages, there was a long and pretty lively conversation about some very un-pessimistic matters. I got a chuckle out of it. A relapse looms, although still they don't sound as desperate as before.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Ragged » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:42 am

managamy wrote:Oh well, things got better for a while anyway. Right around the early to mid-20 pages, there was a long and pretty lively conversation about some very un-pessimistic matters. I got a chuckle out of it. A relapse looms, although still they don't sound as desperate as before.


I just love how optimism thread has turned into spectators lounge of the pessimism thread. Making yourselves feel better by looking at failures and misary of others. Should be ashamed of yourselves.... tsk tsk tsk

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:46 am

Ragged wrote:
managamy wrote:Oh well, things got better for a while anyway. Right around the early to mid-20 pages, there was a long and pretty lively conversation about some very un-pessimistic matters. I got a chuckle out of it. A relapse looms, although still they don't sound as desperate as before.


I just love how optimism thread has turned into spectators lounge of the pessimism thread. Making yourselves feel better by looking at failures and misary of others. Should be ashamed of yourselves.... tsk tsk tsk


Somehow, I don't think that someone who can't spell "misery" is completely overwhelmed by this emotion. I suspect that this person may have other things on his mind, like tall Serbian women.

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby calicocat » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:46 am

.
Last edited by calicocat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Ragged » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:48 am

managamy wrote:
Ragged wrote:
managamy wrote:Oh well, things got better for a while anyway. Right around the early to mid-20 pages, there was a long and pretty lively conversation about some very un-pessimistic matters. I got a chuckle out of it. A relapse looms, although still they don't sound as desperate as before.


I just love how optimism thread has turned into spectators lounge of the pessimism thread. Making yourselves feel better by looking at failures and misary of others. Should be ashamed of yourselves.... tsk tsk tsk


Somehow, I don't think that someone who can't spell "misery" is completely overwhelmed by this emotion. I suspect that this person may have other things on his mind, like tall Serbian women.


..or he just can't spell. Which one you think is more likely? Or you think its both?

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:50 am

Ragged wrote:
..or he just can't spell. Which one you think is more likely? Or you think its both?


I think that we have a causal relationship here. :P I get tongue-tied around beautiful women too.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Ragged » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:50 am

Oli wrote:
managamy wrote:Oh well, things got better for a while anyway. Right around the early to mid-20 pages, there was a long and pretty lively conversation about some very un-pessimistic matters. I got a chuckle out of it. A relapse looms, although still they don't sound as desperate as before.


tennis sucks. This is optimistic because I hope that tennis will someday be abolished


Hey now. Its a good sport, physical and mental as well. But I do hate it when I play bad. I'm not playing at all nowadays since my ACL rupture.... :cry:

OK I'm off to bed. Definatly not thinking about tall Serbian women. :P

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:27 am

robin600 wrote:Just got waitlisted at Fordham, i didn't think i had a shot in hell with my numbers 163/3.65 full time (blind). Yee haw!


Geez... I can't leave this thread for a minute!

Robin, I am not even going to waste your time telling you that at least the W/L was not a rejection... I will just say that I know where you're coming from.

If it's any consolation at all, my first decision of the cycle came last month... from a state school where my numbers should have been at least competitive. Dinged outright in ED... not even held over for RD, just dinged.

Fordham will come to their senses, I know it!!! Your got caught on a paperclip from another file and was accidentally placed in W/L pile. When you send in your LOCI, they will realize their mistake! (Optimists unite!!!)

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:34 am

[strike]tennis[/strike] Soccer sucks. This is optimistic because I hope that [strike]tennis[/strike] soccer will someday be abolished


Don't worry, Oli... I fixed it for you! :D

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:39 am

Though I will say that stating that anything "sucks" is borderline for our thread. Even soccer!

Besides, everybody knows that American football is the real sport. Rugby would be close, but no cigar.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Ragged » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:19 am

jackalope11 wrote:[strike]tennis[/strike] Soccer sucks. This is optimistic because I hope that [strike]tennis[/strike] soccer will someday be abolished



Hey.......... Fuck you. :evil:

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:05 pm

Ragged wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:[strike]tennis[/strike] Soccer sucks. This is optimistic because I hope that [strike]tennis[/strike] soccer will someday be abolished



Hey.......... Fuck you. :evil:



Easy, killer... I was with you on defending tennis. you can't expect everyone to love all of your second tier sports with you. If soccer was cool someone would watch it, besides people that want to impress everyone with how non-traditional their sports selection is. :roll:

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Ragged » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:08 pm

jackalope11 wrote:
Ragged wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:[strike]tennis[/strike] Soccer sucks. This is optimistic because I hope that [strike]tennis[/strike] soccer will someday be abolished



Hey.......... Fuck you. :evil:



Easy, killer... I was with you on defending tennis. you can't expect everyone to love all of your second tier sports with you. If soccer was cool someone would watch it, besides people that want to impress everyone with how non-traditional their sports selection is. :roll:



Actually soccer is first tier for me. And I get the right to like it cuz I'm from Europe. and also cuz its the most popular sport in the world.

And hey.... I'm a pessimist infiltrator, what do you expect?

So actually, yea soccer sucks!

User avatar
jackalope11
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby jackalope11 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:19 pm

Ragged wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:
Ragged wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:[strike]tennis[/strike] Soccer sucks. This is optimistic because I hope that [strike]tennis[/strike] soccer will someday be abolished



Hey.......... Fuck you. :evil:


Easy, killer... I was with you on defending tennis. you can't expect everyone to love all of your second tier sports with you. If soccer was cool someone would watch it, besides people that want to impress everyone with how non-traditional their sports selection is. :roll:


Actually soccer is first tier for me. And I get the right to like it cuz I'm from Europe. and also cuz its the most popular sport in the world.
And hey.... I'm a pessimist infiltrator, what do you expect?
So actually, yea soccer sucks!


Actually, I must give you credit on both... In your first point, I will agree that you should be able to easily claim a European first tier status of soccer. To your second point, you are fulfilling your duties commendably as an infiltrator, so I must give another tip of the cap. :D

ughOSU
Posts: 444
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby ughOSU » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:40 pm

jackalope11 wrote:second tier sports

TLS BUUURRRNNNN!!!!!!

Also, soccer sucks. Welcome to America. Go to Europe if you want to kick a ball around with a bunch of effemenite men.

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:06 pm

MrsTrucker: Good Morning All! I hope everyone is ready for a great day!! :D Acceptances coming soon, I can feel it! :D

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Philaw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:07 pm

TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Good Morning All! I hope everyone is ready for a great day!! :D Acceptances coming soon, I can feel it! :D


You too, Mrs. Trucker? Fingers crossed for Marquette and Georgetown for Robin, SanBun and I. All the other 12/01ers from Gtown as well!

How's Tupper Ware Mrs. Trucker?

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby MC Southstar » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:09 pm

ughOSU wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:second tier sports

TLS BUUURRRNNNN!!!!!!

Also, soccer sucks. Welcome to America. Go to Europe if you want to kick a ball around with a bunch of effemenite men.


Why can't we love both?

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:10 pm

Philaw wrote:
TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Good Morning All! I hope everyone is ready for a great day!! :D Acceptances coming soon, I can feel it! :D


You too, Mrs. Trucker? Fingers crossed for Marquette and Georgetown for Robin, SanBun and I. All the other 12/01ers from Gtown as well!

How's Tupper Ware Mrs. Trucker?


MrsTrucker: He is doing good. A little miffed at me because I won't let him in the 2nd bedroom. I found he did some carpet digging in the closet there, so he is not allowed. Right now he is sitting at my feet, grooming himself :D Thank you for asking about him, Philaw!

Who are you expecting/hoping to hear from today?

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:11 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
ughOSU wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:second tier sports

TLS BUUURRRNNNN!!!!!!

Also, soccer sucks. Welcome to America. Go to Europe if you want to kick a ball around with a bunch of effemenite men.


Why can't we [strike]love[/strike] hate both?


MrsTrucker fixes everything :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: uhwrestler and 9 guests