USS: Optimism

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:18 pm

Philaw wrote:
bhblack wrote:
Philaw wrote:
bhblack wrote:I'm feeling particularly optimistic today, just got accepted at Marquette!


Oh wow, congratulations! Milwaukee is great. I've applied to Marquette as well, how did you hear?

Thanks! They sent a small envelope that scared me at first, but it basically said that I was accepted and more information will be arriving via post soon.

Submitted on 11/12, complete 11/18, decision dated 12/03.


That moved FAST. Congratulations. I was complete 11/13, hopefully this is the next batch of decisions, and I'll be in it, as I haven't seen any changes on LSN since the first round. I'll be keeping an eye on my mail now for TWO schools. :D


MrsTrucker: YAY for you!! Happy Day!! :D

User avatar
ILoveClowns8
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby ILoveClowns8 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:20 pm

TruckerD wrote:
Philaw wrote:
bhblack wrote:
Philaw wrote:
Oh wow, congratulations! Milwaukee is great. I've applied to Marquette as well, how did you hear?

Thanks! They sent a small envelope that scared me at first, but it basically said that I was accepted and more information will be arriving via post soon.

Submitted on 11/12, complete 11/18, decision dated 12/03.


That moved FAST. Congratulations. I was complete 11/13, hopefully this is the next batch of decisions, and I'll be in it, as I haven't seen any changes on LSN since the first round. I'll be keeping an eye on my mail now for TWO schools. :D


MrsTrucker: YAY for you!! Happy Day!! :D

Thankes! :D I'm sure you'll be getting your letter soon, Philaw!

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby calicocat » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:46 pm

.
Last edited by calicocat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:49 pm

Oli wrote:Phew I'm back, got sucked into pessimism for a minute there...ummm cookies MrsTrucker?
:oops:


Image

....and some cold milk to go with it. :D

User avatar
calicocat
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby calicocat » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:00 pm

.
Last edited by calicocat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:42 pm

Oli wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
Oli wrote:Phew I'm back, got sucked into pessimism for a minute there...ummm cookies MrsTrucker?
:oops:


Image

....and some cold milk to go with it. :D


you're the best MrsTrucker!!!!!!!!!


YOU'RE the best, Oli :D Maybe we can convert some more over to our side :lol:

User avatar
ILoveClowns8
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby ILoveClowns8 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:45 pm

The combined powers of milk and cookies are on our side!

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:28 pm

bhblack wrote:The combined powers of milk and cookies are on our side!


BEHOLD THE POWER OF COOKIES!!

Image

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Philaw » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:30 pm

I like cookies before they're cooked....definately a cookie-dough guy.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Veritas » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:32 pm

IBTL

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Philaw » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:36 pm

So anyway, what was your acceptance to Marquette dated, Black? It took 5 days for mail to come from Michigan St, for me, so I'm assuming it will be about the same from Marquette....

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby kittenmittons » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:43 pm

Veritas wrote:IBTL

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:02 am

MrsTrucker: What is IBTL?

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby panadera » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:03 am

TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: What is IBTL?

It means "in before the lock." Before the thread gets locked.

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Philaw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:08 am

kpd-m wrote:
TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: What is IBTL?

It means "in before the lock." Before the thread gets locked.


I was wondering the same thing, and it makes sense, as the pessimists were trying to get our thread locked....Not a big deal, as we are more on-topic to acceptances than they are, so if anyone would get locked, it would be them.

User avatar
ILoveClowns8
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby ILoveClowns8 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:09 am

Philaw wrote:So anyway, what was your acceptance to Marquette dated, Black? It took 5 days for mail to come from Michigan St, for me, so I'm assuming it will be about the same from Marquette....


It was dated 12/03, and I received it today (12/07).

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Philaw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:11 am

bhblack wrote:
Philaw wrote:So anyway, what was your acceptance to Marquette dated, Black? It took 5 days for mail to come from Michigan St, for me, so I'm assuming it will be about the same from Marquette....


It was dated 12/03, and I received it today (12/07).


Great! That means it should be here tomorrow for me if it is in the mail. :D

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:48 am

MrsTrucker: Okay, I will stop talking about cookies...for now. :D I don't want our wonderful thread of optimism locked!

I predict we get more acceptances for us before Christmas...just because of our good vibes :D

Philaw
Posts: 324
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby Philaw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:51 am

TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Okay, I will stop talking about cookies...for now. :D I don't want our wonderful thread of optimism locked!

I predict we get more acceptances for us before Christmas...just because of our good vibes :D


Agreed Mrs. Trucker, besides the whole cookies thing was making me SOOOOO hungry, and I really don't need to eat cookies at 9:00 p.m.

That being said, I am expecting a letter of acceptance from Marquette tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:53 am

Philaw wrote:
TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Okay, I will stop talking about cookies...for now. :D I don't want our wonderful thread of optimism locked!

I predict we get more acceptances for us before Christmas...just because of our good vibes :D


Agreed Mrs. Trucker, besides the whole cookies thing was making me SOOOOO hungry, and I really don't need to eat cookies at 9:00 p.m.

That being said, I am expecting a letter of acceptance from Marquette tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it goes.


No need to let us know. We know... :D :D :D

But tell us anyway, of course!

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby panadera » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:22 am

Tomorrow I'm back in the optimism thread. I can only take so much pessimism at a time.
Unlike the pessimists, if anyone here sees this post tomorrow- they might actually care! :D

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby TruckerD » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:27 am

kpd-m wrote:Tomorrow I'm back in the optimism thread. I can only take so much pessimism at a time.
Unlike the pessimists, if anyone here sees this post tomorrow- they might actually care! :D


MrsTrucker: I see your post, and I do care :D But you are right about the pessimism, I read it every now and then, but can't take long doses of it. It makes me sad, and I just want to give them all a hug. :cry:

Here's hoping to good news tomorrow!!

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby panadera » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:30 am

TruckerD wrote:
kpd-m wrote:Tomorrow I'm back in the optimism thread. I can only take so much pessimism at a time.
Unlike the pessimists, if anyone here sees this post tomorrow- they might actually care! :D


MrsTrucker: I see your post, and I do care :D But you are right about the pessimism, I read it every now and then, but can't take long doses of it. It makes me sad, and I just want to give them all a hug. :cry:

Here's hoping to good news tomorrow!!


Thank you MrsTrucker! It was fun for awhile, but then I got sad and blah about the insults and self-deprecation. Back to the happy and the hope that is this thread!

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:33 am

They're all feeling a lot jollier over there at the moment (or at least they're distracted from their woes). My lovely avatar is the main topic of conversation right now, much healthier than their previous thoughts.

User avatar
panadera
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:36 pm

Re: USS: Optimism

Postby panadera » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:35 am

managamy wrote:They're all feeling a lot jollier over there at the moment (or at least they're distracted from their woes). My lovely avatar is the main topic of conversation right now, much healthier than their previous thoughts.


I'm sure they appreciate the distraction. I do. I don't want a chancre because I like the word 'deign.' Ah well, skin thickening up and I'm ready for law school!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”