USS: Optimism Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Philaw

Bronze

Re: USS: Optimism

Post by Philaw » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:07 am

jackalope11 wrote:
robin600 wrote:Philaw! I love how you used the ship analogy like me!!! and I heart your optimism!!!! i heart ships and optimism.

Right now I'm watching Glory Road, very inspiring and optimistic!

All due respect, but I believe it was the mighty Jackalope and Oli that made the first ship references on the thread... although I will give a hearty +1 for the use of "carrack" in a sentence to the esteemed Philaw esq. (2013).
I believe she was referring to the title of the thread being USS....but thanks, I was hoping the correct usage of "carrack" would be appreciated. And thanks to you, too, Robin. Always welcome aboard. :D

jackalope11

Bronze

Post by jackalope11 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:15 am

Philaw wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:
robin600 wrote:Philaw! I love how you used the ship analogy like me!!! and I heart your optimism!!!! i heart ships and optimism.

Right now I'm watching Glory Road, very inspiring and optimistic!

All due respect, but I believe it was the mighty Jackalope and Oli that made the first ship references on the thread... although I will give a hearty +1 for the use of "carrack" in a sentence to the esteemed Philaw esq. (2013).
I believe she was referring to the title of the thread being USS....but thanks, I was hoping the correct usage of "carrack" would be appreciated. And thanks to you, too, Robin. Always welcome aboard. :D

Well! That certainly makes sense... :oops: You have to understand... Jackalopes drink after dark... It's how we stay aboard the Optimism. Apologies, Robin!

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:18 am

understandable....I still don't know which way starboard is. :oops:

ILoveClowns8

New

Post by ILoveClowns8 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:42 pm

This ship is sinking, we must keep it afloat, too many have defected to the USS Bitter Pessimism!

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:44 pm

It's true. I much prefer this thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:00 pm

I need a pep talk guys! Everyone is getting good news from W&L, OSU, and W&M except me, similar numbers and I'm blind!!!!! Someone keep me on board this ship!!!

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:00 pm

robin600 wrote:I need a pep talk guys! Everyone is getting good news from W&L, OSU, and W&M except me, similar numbers and I'm blind!!!!! Someone keep me on board this ship!!!
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =7&t=98250

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:01 pm

MrsTrucker: My husband is back on the truck now, and I thought I would join in the optimism boat! Here is a pic to make everyone smile!

That is our furbaby, Tupper Ware. If that doesn't make you smile, you belong on the other boat!! LOL

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
robin600 wrote:I need a pep talk guys! Everyone is getting good news from W&L, OSU, and W&M except me, similar numbers and I'm blind!!!!! Someone keep me on board this ship!!!
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =7&t=98250
You're an asshole, and your def. not helping my mood!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:14 pm

Robin, you will get into some awesome schools! Just keep the ship afloat! Simple math dictates that most of the acceptances haven't gone out yet. Always remember that TLS is a very skewed sample. Most of the people who will be going to law school with us next year, are probably just starting to think about applying. ;)

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:15 pm

TruckerD wrote:

Robin, you will get into some awesome schools! Just keep the ship afloat! Simple math dictates that most of the acceptances haven't gone out yet. Always remember that TLS is a very skewed sample. Most of the people who will be going to law school with us next year, are probably just starting to think about applying. ;)
Thanks Trucker!!! You just made me feel better :D

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:26 pm

robin600 wrote:
TruckerD wrote:

Thanks Trucker!!! You just made me feel better :D
Just doin' my job :D

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:56 pm

This ship is sinking!! Hurry everyone, bail water!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:49 pm

Sorry, had too much rum last night and had to work today...Still no e-mails from Georgetown!! Mail will come Monday. :D

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:51 pm

remember, GTown said 3-5 days for an e-mail OR mail to go out....If we make it through tomorrow with no e-mails, that means we're most likely safe, as it will be a full five days after our DR. (for 12/01ers) Here's to no e-mail! :D Robin, I'm talking to YOU.

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:14 am

Last edited by calicocat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:24 am

I recently heard that alcholism and suicide is HUGE amongst lawyers...one of the absolute highest percentage of alcholics and suicidal people....The people on this thread are the minority. We are not, however, sinking. :wink:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hhg

Bronze

Post by hhg » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:28 am

fsu disregarded the address listed as current on my application & sent my acceptance packet to my parents. for the sake of this thread, perhaps sending mail to the relatives of the applicant instead of the applicant her(him)self is a common occurrence. so, everyone should begin calling relatives on the pretense of wishing them happy holidays, and then proceed to harass them about their mail. if no luck on the mail front, at least you're on their good side when you're a broke student and in need of handouts. plus you will have wasted time on pursuits other than stalking status checkers/tls. something to be proud of.

panadera

Bronze

Post by panadera » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:32 am

TruckerD wrote:This ship is sinking!! Hurry everyone, bail water!!
If this is Trucker: your wife is so awesome! She is definitely captain of the optimism boat as seen by all her sweet posts to nervous applicants.
If this is MrsTrucker: see above.

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:54 am

kpd-m wrote:
If this is Trucker: your wife is so awesome! She is definitely captain of the optimism boat as seen by all her sweet posts to nervous applicants.
If this is MrsTrucker: see above.
MrsTrucker: AWWWW...you just made my night KPD!! Thank you!! D is sleeping now, but in the morning I will share your post with him. :D

Well, everyone, I am off to bed. Keep the positivity coming! For those who haven't gotten in anywhere yet, I feel this month will bring some happiness to you before Christmas! We all will be bragging to family this season! :D

jackalope11

Bronze

Post by jackalope11 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:04 pm

(Grabs bucket)

I come back after a couple of days and we're being outpaced by the Pessimism?!?!?

This travesty shall not stand!

Oli, your acceptances are lost with mine... We will be receiving frantic calls this week from the Adcoms wondering why our scholarship offers were returned. They will increase the offers, thinking that we were insulted by their puny amounts.

Philaw, you didn't hear from a T14 today because they did not want to bother you on a Sunday during football season.

Mrs. Trucker (or Mr. Trucker) the T14's have bought CB equipment specifically to have the ability to notify you of your acceptance to the school of your dreams and requisite scholarship offers.

Robin, your acceptances are taking longer than usual because AdComs are not used to having to type their admissions offers in iambic pentameter... which they feel is necessary due to the literary quality of your PS and application(s).

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:08 pm

jackalope11 wrote:

(Grabs bucket)

I come back after a couple of days and we're being outpaced by the Pessimism?!?!?

This travesty shall not stand!

Oli, your acceptances are lost with mine... We will be receiving frantic calls this week from the Adcoms wondering why our scholarship offers were returned. They will increase the offers, thinking that we were insulted by their puny amounts.

Philaw, you didn't hear from a T14 today because they did not want to bother you on a Sunday during football season.

Mrs. Trucker (or Mr. Trucker) the T14's have bought CB equipment specifically to have the ability to notify you of your acceptance to the school of your dreams and requisite scholarship offers.

Robin, your acceptances are taking longer than usual because AdComs are not used to having to type their admissions offers in iambic pentameter... which they feel is necessary due to the literary quality of your PS and application(s).
MrsTrucker: YAY!! Welcome back Jackalope!! We missed you!!

jackalope11

Bronze

Post by jackalope11 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:24 pm

MrsTrucker: YAY!! Welcome back Jackalope!! We missed you!![/quote]

:oops: Aw, shucks... (kicks dirt self-conciously) Thanks!

I wanted to stay away, (Sundays are the worst days of the cycle, right???) but Optimism takes no breaks!!!

The only things keeping me sane during the admissions process are TLS (specifically this thread) and football season.

autumn80

New

Post by autumn80 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:54 pm

TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: My husband is back on the truck now, and I thought I would join in the optimism boat! Here is a pic to make everyone smile!

That is our furbaby, Tupper Ware. If that doesn't make you smile, you belong on the other boat!! LOL
Awwww <3.

Playing Farmville on facebook is also an incredible cheerer-upper. Sets you in the rhythm of planting and harvesting, the simple life jazz.

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:43 pm

autumn80 wrote:
TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: My husband is back on the truck now, and I thought I would join in the optimism boat! Here is a pic to make everyone smile!

Awwww <3.

Playing Farmville on facebook is also an incredible cheerer-upper. Sets you in the rhythm of planting and harvesting, the simple life jazz.
Well, congratulations on another day of no e-mails from Georgetown....Almost in the clear. Expecting everybody to start posting acceptances from their top choices soon. Mrs. Trucker, welcome aboard the Optimism. Our ship is humble and small, but quite strong. :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”