USS: Optimism Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
robin600

Gold

Re: USS: Optimism

Post by robin600 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:52 am

jaskat wrote:
pearl_earrings wrote:I've missed 2 convocations... law school will be my first time donning a cap and gown!
(there's optimism for you - never mind acceptances, i've got my eye on the diploma)
All jokes aside, that's not a bad way to think about the next three years. We'll kill ourselves for that damn diploma!
I'd kill to get into Vandy off the waitlist right now, I'm kidding...umm i think...

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:13 am

robin600 wrote:
jaskat wrote:
pearl_earrings wrote:I've missed 2 convocations... law school will be my first time donning a cap and gown!
(there's optimism for you - never mind acceptances, i've got my eye on the diploma)
All jokes aside, that's not a bad way to think about the next three years. We'll kill ourselves for that damn diploma!
I'd kill to get into Vandy off the waitlist right now, I'm kidding...umm i think...
You're so not kidding! :P The worst part is that no one would blame you on TLS. In fact, we're a mini mob and will help you kill You're totally sick Robin! Sick I tell you!

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:16 pm

uggh guys I need some optimism right now hardcore, no decision at WUSTL today after getting updated and I made a minor typo on a LOCI. I probably won't get in off of the waitlist now because of it, and I'm sad. I don't think God wants me to be a lawyer today.... :(

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:18 pm

robin600 wrote:uggh guys I need some optimism right now hardcore, no decision at WUSTL today after getting updated and I made a minor typo on a LOCI. I probably won't get in off of the waitlist now because of it, and I'm sad. I don't think God wants me to be a lawyer today.... :(
Pless wrote:
cr073137 wrote:Dean Pless,

In your opinion, can a typo make the difference between being accepted and wait-listed or rejected?
Usually not, although clearly it is something to be avoided. The wrong school thing does drive me nuts, but I still try to look at the complete picture when making a decision. I see the most typo's in LOCI. Again, I try not to let that impact my decision but it still can leave an impression in my mind of carelessness and a lack of attention to detail.

TheTopBloke

Bronze

Post by TheTopBloke » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:20 pm

LOCI?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:21 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
robin600 wrote:uggh guys I need some optimism right now hardcore, no decision at WUSTL today after getting updated and I made a minor typo on a LOCI. I probably won't get in off of the waitlist now because of it, and I'm sad. I don't think God wants me to be a lawyer today.... :(
Pless wrote:

In your opinion, can a typo make the difference between being accepted and wait-listed or rejected?
Usually not, although clearly it is something to be avoided. The wrong school thing does drive me nuts, but I still try to look at the complete picture when making a decision. I see the most typo's in LOCI. Again, I try not to let that impact my decision but it still can leave an impression in my mind of carelessness and a lack of attention to detail.
lol, robin's screwed

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:25 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Pless wrote:

lol, robin's screwed
Am I? freaking out now....gonna go crawl in a hole

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:32 pm

robin600 wrote: Am I? freaking out now....gonna go crawl in a hole
No, I'm just kidding, they probably didn't even notice it. I'm guessing you're fine.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:33 pm

Its WUSTL, they don't care about typos.

What are your numbers?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:34 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
No, I'm just kidding, they probably didn't even notice it. I'm guessing you're fine.
I hope so, I sent an updated copy and explained my situation (I see double vision and don't see good anyways...) I use a reader to proofread on my computer, and sometimes it reads things that aren't there, hopefully they take that into account.
Desert Fox wrote:
Its WUSTL, they don't care about typos.

What are your numbers?
The LOCI was at W&L, no decision at WUSTL yet, but updated.

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:35 pm

Don't you dare freak out Robin! You're getting off of a WL, and if not you've been accepted to amazing schools already. Clearly God wants you to be a lawyer. Besides, no news is somewhat good news isn't it?

P.S.
LOCI = Letter of continued interest, TheTopBloke.

P.P.S. Robin, did you call them like you were gonna?

Holly Golightly

Gold

Post by Holly Golightly » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:37 pm

In at Loyola yesterday (expected), and in with Scholars in Law consideration at Wash U today def has me feeling more optimistic than I was...

Walfredo47

New

Post by Walfredo47 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:06 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:19 pm

jaskat wrote:Don't you dare freak out Robin! You're getting off of a WL, and if not you've been accepted to amazing schools already. Clearly God wants you to be a lawyer. Besides, no news is somewhat good news isn't it?

P.S.

e-mailed them my an updated copy but the old one is still gonna be there. The email was seriously like "oh you fucked up, oh ok, submit a new one, oh you did, ok whatever I'll add it." I hope you're right about this waitlist thing! It truly feels like admission season is just starting for me all over again! You always cheer me up jaskat!

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:28 pm

robin600 wrote:
jaskat wrote:Don't you dare freak out Robin! You're getting off of a WL, and if not you've been accepted to amazing schools already. Clearly God wants you to be a lawyer. Besides, no news is somewhat good news isn't it?

P.S.

e-mailed them my an updated copy but the old one is still gonna be there. The email was seriously like "oh you fucked up, oh ok, submit a new one, oh you did, ok whatever I'll add it." I hope you're right about this waitlist thing! It truly feels like admission season is just starting for me all over again! You always cheer me up jaskat!
That doesn't sound too bad, at least they didn't tell you to GTFO or any adcomm equivalent.
P.S. Here to cheer! :)

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:48 pm

3 days till re-take! Ahhh!!!!

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:39 pm

I know this isn't law school related but, I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years. I'm dreading class tomorrow and I went into review at UIUC. Probably a rejection come friday, the day I was supposed to hang out with said ex- boyfriend.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:40 pm

Last edited by calicocat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:14 pm

jaskat wrote:I know this isn't law school related but, I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years. I'm dreading class tomorrow and I went into review at UIUC. Probably a rejection come friday, the day I was supposed to hang out with said ex- boyfriend.
You need scientific notation to describe the number of nice guys in the world, so I'm sure that you'll find one eventually. There's no reason to dread class tomorrow, since you're going to law school next year and don't have to agonize over grades anymore. Good luck at UIUC!

pearl_earrings

Bronze

Post by pearl_earrings » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:21 pm

managamy wrote:
jaskat wrote:I know this isn't law school related but, I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 years. I'm dreading class tomorrow and I went into review at UIUC. Probably a rejection come friday, the day I was supposed to hang out with said ex- boyfriend.
You need scientific notation to describe the number of nice guys in the world, so I'm sure that you'll find one eventually. There's no reason to dread class tomorrow, since you're going to law school next year and don't have to agonize over grades anymore. Good luck at UIUC!
+1
You've got a TON to look forward to. Get a little good ice cream (okay, or do yoga or something healthy like that...) and set your sights on August.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:08 pm

I'm sorry jas! There are plenty of other fish in the sea. I know there will be some hotties at law school for you. Plus you will know they are smart and cool a. because they are going to law school, and b. because they know you're a catch (obv. you're ex-bf didn't get that one, epic fail).

Oh, and jas, i know you're getting good news from Iowa soon, so no worries. Will you go if accepted?

ugggh waiting for this LSAT score to come back is going to be like death. Like you're stranded on a desert island with only a can of coke, and you want to drink it so bad, but you can't open it for three weeks. Yeah it's that painful.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:29 am

robin600 wrote:
I'm sorry jas! There are plenty of other fish in the sea. I know there will be some hotties at law school for you. Plus you will know they are smart and cool a. because they are going to law school, and b. because they know you're a catch (obv. you're ex-bf didn't get that one, epic fail).

Oh, and jas, i know you're getting good news from Iowa soon, so no worries. Will you go if accepted?

ugggh waiting for this LSAT score to come back is going to be like death. Like you're stranded on a desert island with only a can of coke, and you want to drink it so bad, but you can't open it for three weeks. Yeah it's that painful.
Thank you for all of your support and your advice. If I get into Iowa I think I might go. I desperately need a change of scenery, specially after all of this. All I can do right now is try to concentrate on not failing my semester so that I can actually go to law school and get said change of scenery.

I know the LSAT score wait is hard. You know this yourself since this is a retake for you Robin, but you also know that right now you can't really do anything more, and what's done is done. I wish you so much luck on your upcoming score, even if you don't need it.

Will you go to Iowa or are you set on another school like W&L?

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:23 pm

Robin, I don't know how you knew or guessed but talk about a godsend. I got into Iowa via e-mail today!

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:31 pm

jaskat wrote:Robin, I don't know how you knew or guessed but talk about a godsend. I got into Iowa via e-mail today!
Congrats!

pearl_earrings

Bronze

Post by pearl_earrings » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Jerome wrote:
jaskat wrote:Robin, I don't know how you knew or guessed but talk about a godsend. I got into Iowa via e-mail today!
Congrats!
Adding my congrats!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”