USS: Optimism Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Philaw

Bronze

Re: USS: Optimism

Post by Philaw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:18 pm

TruckerD wrote:
Philaw wrote:
TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Good Morning All! I hope everyone is ready for a great day!! :D Acceptances coming soon, I can feel it! :D
You too, Mrs. Trucker? Fingers crossed for Marquette and Georgetown for Robin, SanBun and I. All the other 12/01ers from Gtown as well!

How's Tupper Ware Mrs. Trucker?
MrsTrucker: He is doing good. A little miffed at me because I won't let him in the 2nd bedroom. I found he did some carpet digging in the closet there, so he is not allowed. Right now he is sitting at my feet, grooming himself :D Thank you for asking about him, Philaw!

Who are you expecting/hoping to hear from today?
Anytime, Mrs. Trucker, it's always good to hear from you. Hopefully Georgetown and probably Marquette. I've got around the same numbers as those who have gotten acceptances right now, plus I'm URM, which Marquette loves, as they have been recently called one of the "whitest" schools in th nation, and are a little miffed about it. It's really not their fault, but I'll take what they give me. It's win-win for both of us. :wink:

gymboree

Silver

Post by gymboree » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:20 pm

Let's go acceptances!

panadera

Bronze

Post by panadera » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:21 pm

gymboree wrote:Let's go acceptances!
That is optimistic!

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:23 pm

Philaw wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
Philaw wrote:
TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Good Morning All! I hope everyone is ready for a great day!! :D Acceptances coming soon, I can feel it! :D
You too, Mrs. Trucker? Fingers crossed for Marquette and Georgetown for Robin, SanBun and I. All the other 12/01ers from Gtown as well!

How's Tupper Ware Mrs. Trucker?
MrsTrucker: He is doing good. A little miffed at me because I won't let him in the 2nd bedroom. I found he did some carpet digging in the closet there, so he is not allowed. Right now he is sitting at my feet, grooming himself :D Thank you for asking about him, Philaw!

Who are you expecting/hoping to hear from today?
Anytime, Mrs. Trucker, it's always good to hear from you. Hopefully Georgetown and probably Marquette. I've got around the same numbers as those who have gotten acceptances right now, plus I'm URM, which Marquette loves, as they have been recently called one of the "whitest" schools in th nation, and are a little miffed about it. It's really not their fault, but I'll take what they give me. It's win-win for both of us. :wink:
Are you leaning towards going to Marquette?

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:23 pm

I was forced to walk the plank of the USS: OUR LIVES SUCK (aka pessimism)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:24 pm

kpd-m wrote:
gymboree wrote:Let's go acceptances!
That is optimistic!
MrsTrucker: +1000000000000000000000000 ;)

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:24 pm

Veritas wrote:I was forced to walk the plank of the USS: OUR LIVES SUCK (aka pessimism)
MrsTrucker: Why? What did you do?

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:25 pm

TruckerD wrote:
Veritas wrote:I was forced to walk the plank of the USS: OUR LIVES SUCK (aka pessimism)
He's a fruit.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:26 pm

TruckerD wrote:
I smiled. I really have no right being in there, I have nothing to complain/loathe myself about! :D

Hoping to hear good news from ND, today!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:26 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
He's a fruit.
see, they're DISCRIMINATORY !! !! !!

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Veritas wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
I smiled. I really have no right being in there, I have nothing to complain/loathe myself about! :D

YAY!! That's the spirit!! :D You will have good karma now, Veritas! Good for you!

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Who are you expecting/hoping to hear from today?[/quote]

Anytime, Mrs. Trucker, it's always good to hear from you. Hopefully Georgetown and probably Marquette. I've got around the same numbers as those who have gotten acceptances right now, plus I'm URM, which Marquette loves, as they have been recently called one of the "whitest" schools in th nation, and are a little miffed about it. It's really not their fault, but I'll take what they give me. It's win-win for both of us. :wink:[/quote]

Are you leaning towards going to Marquette?[/quote]

It depends on how the rest of my cycle goes, but they have a joint degree program in my major, and I really want to do the joint degree, wherever I end up. Plus, I have a sister in milwaukee who is about to have her second child, and I would love to be a part of my nephew's lives. I'm a hockey player as well, so the northern states such as Wisconsin appeal to me anyway. If georgetown accepts me,I would most likely end up there, but if Duke accepts me, I am 100% going there. Other than those two, I am definately leaning towards marquette.

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:28 pm

Veritas wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
He's a fruit.
see, they're DISCRIMINATORY !! !! !!
We don't discriminate here. Everyone is welcome :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

panadera

Bronze

Post by panadera » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:28 pm

You know, the pessimistic thread is so long because they note all the bad things they have/will happen to them. We could do the opposite.

I'm graduating from college!
Last edited by panadera on Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:29 pm

TruckerD wrote:
Veritas wrote:
TruckerD wrote:

YAY!! That's the spirit!! :D You will have good karma now, Veritas! Good for you!
In all actuality, the pessimism thread is full of people with all the luxuries in the world.

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:29 pm

TruckerD wrote:
Veritas wrote:
TruckerD wrote:

+1, and we all forgive you for your previously pessimistic lifestyle. :wink:

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:31 pm

Philaw wrote:Who are you expecting/hoping to hear from today?
Anytime, Mrs. Trucker, it's always good to hear from you. Hopefully Georgetown and probably Marquette. I've got around the same numbers as those who have gotten acceptances right now, plus I'm URM, which Marquette loves, as they have been recently called one of the "whitest" schools in th nation, and are a little miffed about it. It's really not their fault, but I'll take what they give me. It's win-win for both of us. :wink:[/quote]

Are you leaning towards going to Marquette?[/quote]

It depends on how the rest of my cycle goes, but they have a joint degree program in my major, and I really want to do the joint degree, wherever I end up. Plus, I have a sister in milwaukee who is about to have her second child, and I would love to be a part of my nephew's lives. I'm a hockey player as well, so the northern states such as Wisconsin appeal to me anyway. If georgetown accepts me,I would most likely end up there, but if Duke accepts me, I am 100% going there. Other than those two, I am definately leaning towards marquette.[/quote]

MrsTrucker: That would be good to be near family. It would lessen stress some, and give you a good anchor if you need one. We are looking to schools near Trucker's family, but some offers have come through like Illinois that is hard to pass up.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:32 pm

I was never pessimistic!!! :(

Shadow is right though, all those people are T6 material (pretty much)

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:32 pm

Veritas wrote:I was never pessimistic!!! :(

Fuckers.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:34 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:

Fuckers.
shadow, baby, come hang out over here.

panadera

Bronze

Post by panadera » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:36 pm

Your qualification is a bit pessimistic. I have hope for everyone in that thread! Whether the adcomms have the same hope for them in the T6 is out of our hands. :?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:38 pm

kpd-m wrote:

Your qualification is a bit pessimistic. I have hope for everyone in that thread! Whether the adcomms have the same hope for them in the T6 is out of our hands. :?
my qualification? because I was kicked out of there I came here?

So, I'm too optimistic for them and too pessimistic for you?

It sucks being a realist these days

panadera

Bronze

Post by panadera » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:40 pm

Veritas wrote:
kpd-m wrote:

my qualification? because I was kicked out of there I came here?

So, I'm too optimistic for them and too pessimistic for you?

It sucks being a realist these days
Oh. I meant the "pretty much." That pretty much everyone is T6 material, not everyone. So I was being overly optimisitc for them.

I was a realist, but then NYU let in [a bunch of ]people with my numbers. Now I'm an optimist and a pessimist.

gymboree

Silver

Post by gymboree » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Welcome, Veritas!

::Bob & Linda introduce the Parade, fanfair, close up on the cymbals of a high school marching band!::
(this is Optimism, after all)

ughOSU

Bronze

Post by ughOSU » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:06 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
ughOSU wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:second tier sports
TLS BUUURRRNNNN!!!!!!

Also, soccer sucks. Welcome to America. Go to Europe if you want to kick a ball around with a bunch of effemenite men.
Why can't we love both?
I just dislike soccer hooligans' attitude towards soccer. For example, I'm a baseball fan, and I understand that not everyone loves baseball. Some if not many of these people may have even given baseball a chance, and/or are former players themselves. I have come to terms with the fact that they just don't like it.

Soccer fans have convinced themselves that soccer is the onlys sport in the world, and that anyone who doesn't LOOOOOVE soccer just hasn't given it a chance. They are incapable of comprehending that when I watch soccer, all I see is a ball going back and forth, then nothing because it put me to sleep, then the inevitable 1-0 score at the end.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”