USS: Optimism Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jaskat

Bronze

Re: USS: Optimism

Post by jaskat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:38 am

Mrs. Trucker.... I think I love you.

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:41 am

jaskat wrote:Mrs. Trucker.... I think I love you.
MrsTrucker: LOL I think I maybe put too much schnapps in it! ;)

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:53 am

Philaw wrote:How's it goin' tonight for you guys? Me? I'm procrastinating on finals, drinking some good strong coffee, and listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd. Interestingly enough, I got another letter of rejection tonight (it was at my parent's house for about a week, and I didn't know) but I actually feel much better. Now that the decisions are starting to free flow in more (even though nothing good so far), I still feel better about it. All things work out for the best, this is a lesson I've learned in life, so even if I didn't get in ANYWHERE this cycle, it can only lead to better things later on (No, this is not Optimist Propaganda, this has ALWAYS been true for me.). Anyway, hope everything is great with all of you guys!
It was true for me in the undergraduate application cycle, when I didn't get in anywhere on the first attempt. PM if you want details.

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:55 am

TruckerD wrote:
jaskat wrote:Mrs. Trucker.... I think I love you.
MrsTrucker: LOL I think I maybe put too much schnapps in it! ;)
Lol, my boyfriend gave me a very dirty look when I posted that. Maybe you did give me a little too much. I'm quite a light-weight.

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:57 am

managamy wrote:
Philaw wrote:How's it goin' tonight for you guys? Me? I'm procrastinating on finals, drinking some good strong coffee, and listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd. Interestingly enough, I got another letter of rejection tonight (it was at my parent's house for about a week, and I didn't know) but I actually feel much better. Now that the decisions are starting to free flow in more (even though nothing good so far), I still feel better about it. All things work out for the best, this is a lesson I've learned in life, so even if I didn't get in ANYWHERE this cycle, it can only lead to better things later on (No, this is not Optimist Propaganda, this has ALWAYS been true for me.). Anyway, hope everything is great with all of you guys!
It was true for me in the undergraduate application cycle, when I didn't get in anywhere on the first attempt. PM if you want details.
My mom tells me this all the time, and so far it's pretty true. Keep your chin up and it'll all be fine.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:01 am

Ok, so check this out....I totally thought I had until Friday for one of my finals (I have been working on the other one this entire time because it was due Thursday) and as it turns out, it's actually due tomorrow morning at 9:00 A.M. :shock: So my night is going to be VEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRY rough. This will, in fact, be my last post as I've got to get crackin'. I've got to go get more coffee. And a 6-pack of red bulls. maybe I'll brew the coffee with Red Bull instead of water. And I have 12 hours of work tomorrow. Remember I told you my boss took the week off? Yeah. This week is going to be F-U-N with a capitol F and U.

Wish me luck, everyone. :x

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:05 am

Good Luck! Be careful with all the red bull! It doesn't help to have all your work done if you're sick!

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:06 am

Philaw wrote:Ok, so check this out....I totally thought I had until Friday for one of my finals (I have been working on the other one this entire time because it was due Thursday) and as it turns out, it's actually due tomorrow morning at 9:00 A.M. :shock: So my night is going to be VEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRY rough. This will, in fact, be my last post as I've got to get crackin'. I've got to go get more coffee. And a 6-pack of red bulls. maybe I'll brew the coffee with Red Bull instead of water. And I have 12 hours of work tomorrow. Remember I told you my boss took the week off? Yeah. This week is going to be F-U-N with a capitol F and U.

MrsTrucker: Good Luck Philaw! I know you will kill that exam!! :D

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:15 am

Philaw wrote:Ok, so check this out....I totally thought I had until Friday for one of my finals (I have been working on the other one this entire time because it was due Thursday) and as it turns out, it's actually due tomorrow morning at 9:00 A.M. :shock: So my night is going to be VEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRY rough. This will, in fact, be my last post as I've got to get crackin'. I've got to go get more coffee. And a 6-pack of red bulls. maybe I'll brew the coffee with Red Bull instead of water. And I have 12 hours of work tomorrow. Remember I told you my boss took the week off? Yeah. This week is going to be F-U-N with a capitol F and U.

Good luck!!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:50 am

Last edited by calicocat on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:10 am

Oli wrote:
It took me so long to rememeber what advice I'd given you...but when I figured it out I laughed pretty hard. Care less about Boalt now? :P
Yes, it's remarkable how certain things can provide one with perspective on life, isn't it? :P I really appreciated a break from law-school-related dreams. :D

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:06 am

managamy wrote:
Philaw wrote:
robin600 wrote:Thanks guys! I'm submitting my app tomorrow, IDK how selection goes but the app. is pretty generic. I used my PS to explain more about me!!! Yay for LS PS!!!!
Seriously, Robin. I think they understand typos. If you were obviously illiterate, they would probably look at it negatively. Forgetting a period? Not likely. It's not like they are going to read your PS, be like "Great softs, wow, she was blind had to undergo multiple surgeries, and STILL got a 4.0, but oooh, Bill, look here. No period. Throw it in the trash! For Christs sake, she forgot a PERIOD!"

I understand, but once you get a couple of acceptances, you'll relax.
+1000000. Your personal story is amazing, Robin, and any adcoms who think it less worthwhile than a period frankly don't deserve to have you at their school. FWIW, I know someone from last year's cycle who got into HLS with 2 typos in their PS. :D

And you're a she? I've been terrible at guessing TLS gender, but I'm really amazed considering your jocular responses to me earlier today. :wink:
Lol yes I'm a she, and actually I'm quite the girly girl, but I heart video games (COD MW2 anyone??) and sports! Oh and I'm also blunt as hell, can't help it really most of the time it just comes out. I was just kidding with you earlier, nothing meant by it, just kidding around.

So I'm still freaking out about the on ward and onward typo thing. Do you think it's ok? what sckon said got me worried (I know he was kidding but I'm a little OCD on these things ya know!). Thanks for all the calming words, I just want to make sure I'm in the clear. You guys are the best!

Hugs not drugs!

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:54 pm

MrsTrucker: Good morning/afternoon y'all :D Going to be a great day!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:00 pm

TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Good morning/afternoon y'all :D Going to be a great day!
Are you by any chance from the south?
Good morning/afternoon btw!

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:06 pm

jaskat wrote:
TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Good morning/afternoon y'all :D Going to be a great day!
Are you by any chance from the south?
Good morning/afternoon btw!
MrsTrucker: LOL, yeah. Live in Arkansas. :D

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:13 pm

I thought you were from the midwest for some reason...

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:18 pm

jaskat wrote:I thought you were from the midwest for some reason...
MrsTrucker: I am from Oklahoma, but now live in Arkansas (and thanking God that we are leaving here soon! LOL ;) )

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:14 pm

I'm starting to freak out again about my typo! FML!

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:39 pm

robin600 wrote:I'm starting to freak out again about my typo! FML!
put a penalty on the thought. Like every time you think about it, you have to donate $1 to the salvation army. Either you'll run out of money or you'll make yourself stop.

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:42 pm

jaskat wrote:
robin600 wrote:I'm starting to freak out again about my typo! FML!
put a penalty on the thought. Like every time you think about it, you have to donate $1 to the salvation army. Either you'll run out of money or you'll make yourself stop.
MrsTrucker: Wow! That is a good idea. :D

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:11 pm

That's helped me a couple of times with some of my issues. At the same time, the money helped the place I donated it to. It's a win-win! :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:20 pm

You'll be fine, Robin. Their eyes will be dancing so much from reading all of those files that they probably will see periods when they're not there and not see them when they are.

I thought that I would drop by this thread for a bit after the UCLA thread went all USS-Pessimism on me after I tried to give them an admittedly small piece of encouraging news. They've heard the last from me, certainly.

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:34 pm

Writing is my trade and one of my few gifts. My PS is one of the better peices of writing I've composed and it's so good, in fact, that it'll make at least one of the schools I applied to out of hope accept me. They'll look at my resume, my WE, my internships, mock trial experience, and student involvement and say, "This is someone we need."

One of the deans who is going to see my application is going to understand how hard it is to work through college and sympathize enough to advocate on my behalf. Georgetown, Cornell, Vandy, USC? I just need one of you darlins', just one.

Let my contact from GT be a letter, not an e-mail.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:40 pm

billyez wrote:Writing is my trade and one of my few gifts. My PS is one of the better peices of writing I've composed and it's so good, in fact, that it'll make at least one of the schools I applied to out of hope accept me. They'll look at my resume, my WE, my internships, mock trial experience, and student involvement and say, "This is someone we need."

One of the deans who is going to see my application is going to understand how hard it is to work through college and sympathize enough to advocate on my behalf. Georgetown, Cornell, Vandy, USC? I just need one of you darlins', just one.

USC would be lovely too. Beautiful campus and very nice tone, judging from the informatin that they've sent me.

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:07 pm

billyez wrote:Writing is my trade and one of my few gifts. My PS is one of the better peices of writing I've composed and it's so good, in fact, that it'll make at least one of the schools I applied to out of hope accept me. They'll look at my resume, my WE, my internships, mock trial experience, and student involvement and say, "This is someone we need."

Now I'm intrigued about your PS. I'm sure the deans at all those schools will look at your application, (and that awesome PS), and auto-admit you. :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”