USS: Optimism Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jackalope11

Bronze

Re: USS: Optimism

Post by jackalope11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:29 pm

TruckerD wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:
TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Good news, we are in Minnesota!! I am now sending positive vibes to all my fellow optimists! You will have good news too! :D

Wait a minute... Due to the Travelling Wilbury nature of MR. Trucker I have to ask, does this mean he is physically IN Minnesota... or you guys have been accepted to Minnesota School of Law?!?!

Pardon the clarification, but jackalopes are also slow. If Mr. Trucker is IN Minnesota, then I will think warm thoughts. If you guys got INTO Minnesota, I will have happy yet jealous thoughts... Like this: :mrgreen:
MrsTrucker: LOL...sorry I should have been more specific. He got a phone call today from Minnesota telling he has been accepted. He is actually in Robinson, Texas at the moment...out of the snow, thank God!! :D

In that case :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: !!!!!!!

I'm happy, but still a little jealous! (I would never covet his hard won spot, but I would certainly not complain about receiving "the call" myself at some point!)

Please tell Mr. Trucker that all the Jackalopes are happy for him, and for you too! And tell him to stay in TX (i.e. God's country) for as long as he possibly can! :)

gymboree

Silver

Post by gymboree » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:34 pm

Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Trucker on Minnesota!!!!

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:43 pm

MrsTrucker: Thank you both from TruckerD and myself! :D You both will be getting great offers too! Just keep that positive thinking going!!

jackalope11

Bronze

Post by jackalope11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:48 pm

Wait a minute... Is that the Top of 15 at which I see myself?!?!?

In your FACE other Optimism posters!!!

That's like three for me!!! :P

:roll: What can I say? Simple pleasures for simple minds.
Last edited by jackalope11 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:53 pm

TruckerD wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:
TruckerD wrote:MrsTrucker: Good news, we are in Minnesota!! I am now sending positive vibes to all my fellow optimists! You will have good news too! :D

Wait a minute... Due to the Travelling Wilbury nature of MR. Trucker I have to ask, does this mean he is physically IN Minnesota... or you guys have been accepted to Minnesota School of Law?!?!

Pardon the clarification, but jackalopes are also slow. If Mr. Trucker is IN Minnesota, then I will think warm thoughts. If you guys got INTO Minnesota, I will have happy yet jealous thoughts... Like this: :mrgreen:
MrsTrucker: LOL...sorry I should have been more specific. He got a phone call today from Minnesota telling he has been accepted. He is actually in Robinson, Texas at the moment...out of the snow, thank God!! :D
Congratulations!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jackalope11

Bronze

Post by jackalope11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Philaw wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
jackalope11 wrote:

Congratulations!!
For a second, I thought you were congratulating me... then I saw the quote and I said to myself, "Oh! Well, that makes more sense." :lol:

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:09 pm

I feel like I need to join the optimism band wagon or perish in a crazy law school cycle frenzy.

My acceptances haven't come yet because the adcomms are waiting for my (hopefully) awesome December LSAT's...but only to "ooh" and "aah" before mailing the already written acceptance letter. :mrgreen:

Philaw

Bronze

Post by Philaw » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:12 pm

jaskat wrote:I feel like I need to join the optimism band wagon or perish in a crazy law school cycle frenzy.

My acceptances haven't come yet because the adcomms are waiting for my (hopefully) awesome December LSAT's...but only to "ooh" and "aah" before mailing the already written acceptance letter. :mrgreen:
Good call, jaskat. By the way, Jakalope... :lol:

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:14 pm

jaskat wrote:I feel like I need to join the optimism band wagon or perish in a crazy law school cycle frenzy.

MrsTrucker: They are probably so excited to see your new score, since the rest of your application is so stellar, they are getting your full rides plus stipends ready. Also, they will be sending you singing telegrams instead of regular mail, because they love you that much!! :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:24 pm

Philaw wrote:
Congratulations!![/quote]

Plus a lot. Congratulations!! Is it his first acceptance?

This request might be a lot to ask, but can you try and keep your fingers crossed for YLS for me? It would mean a lot to my Yale-loving family if I got in, and they're starting acceptances imminently. They're much less statistically oriented than most schools, so nobody is an auto-admit.

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:32 pm

managamy wrote:
Philaw wrote:
Congratulations!!

This request might be a lot to ask, but can you try and keep your fingers crossed for YLS for me? It would mean a lot to my Yale-loving family if I got in, and they're starting acceptances imminently. They're much less statistically oriented than most schools, so nobody is an auto-admit.[/quote]

MrsTrucker: I will be keeping good thoughts for you Managamy on getting into Yale! :D That would be awesome for you to tell your family on Christmas!!

About D's acceptances, no it is not his first, but every acceptance feels like a victory to us!! :D His LSN profile is linked in his profile if you want to take a look.

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:39 pm

TruckerD wrote:

MrsTrucker: They are probably so excited to see your new score, since the rest of your application is so stellar, they are getting your full rides plus stipends ready. Also, they will be sending you singing telegrams instead of regular mail, because they love you that much!! :D
Mrs. Trucker, I was a secret fan of both you and your husband before this post, but now I'm a diehard groupie!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:00 pm

TruckerD wrote:
managamy wrote:
Philaw wrote:
Congratulations!!

This request might be a lot to ask, but can you try and keep your fingers crossed for YLS for me? It would mean a lot to my Yale-loving family if I got in, and they're starting acceptances imminently. They're much less statistically oriented than most schools, so nobody is an auto-admit.
MrsTrucker: I will be keeping good thoughts for you Managamy on getting into Yale! :D That would be awesome for you to tell your family on Christmas!!

About D's acceptances, no it is not his first, but every acceptance feels like a victory to us!! :D His LSN profile is linked in his profile if you want to take a look.[/quote]

Wow, what a long catalogue of victories!! Surely, he didn't need to apply to so many schools with his great stats and remarkable softs?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jackalope11

Bronze

Post by jackalope11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:03 pm

jaskat wrote:
TruckerD wrote:

Mrs. Trucker, I was a secret fan of both you and your husband before this post, but now I'm a diehard groupie!

Geez, Mrs. Trucker... You get acceptances AND groupies... All in one day? Where are MY groupies? (looks around) :?

I'm just gonna look at myself in the mirror and say:

I'm good enough.
I'm smart enough.
And... doggone it, people LIKE me.

:D

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 pm

I like you! Specially because of your picture! :mrgreen:

jackalope11

Bronze

Post by jackalope11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:05 pm

<--- Must be my winning smile, that makes people afraid to approach. :)

jackalope11

Bronze

Post by jackalope11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:07 pm

jaskat wrote:I like you! Specially because of your picture! :mrgreen:

THANKS!

See... I feel better already. Jackalopes are easy to please. We're like Tupper... A few mini-wheats, and we're putty in your hands!

If only law schools were so pliable. :lol:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:07 pm

+1. Who wouldn't like you, really?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:07 pm

I murdered my Crim Law final this morning.

Permission to come aboard!

jackalope11

Bronze

Post by jackalope11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:08 pm

managamy wrote:
Oh... you know... the usual...

Knights who say "NE!"

King Arthur.

Tim the Enchanter.

Pessimists.

The usual. 8)

jackalope11

Bronze

Post by jackalope11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:10 pm

vanwinkle wrote:I murdered my Crim Law final this morning.

Anybody with that 'tar is welcome on any thread I'm on.

HOOK 'EM!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jackalope11

Bronze

Post by jackalope11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:11 pm

jackalope11 wrote:
managamy wrote:

Knights who say "NE!"

King Arthur.

Tim the Enchanter.

Pessimists.

The usual. 8)
But... seriously... THANKS!!!!

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:11 pm

jackalope11 wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:I murdered my Crim Law final this morning.

Anybody with that 'tar is welcome on any thread I'm on.

HOOK 'EM!!!
Since this is the USS Optimism, lemme just say that UT is gonna beat 'Bama by 17 points and McCoy is gonna throw for 480 yards and go on to NFL greatness. :D

jaskat

Bronze

Post by jaskat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:11 pm

jackalope11 wrote:
managamy wrote:

Knights who say "NE!"

King Arthur.

Tim the Enchanter.

Pessimists.

The usual. 8)
you might get a groupie soon ;)

jackalope11

Bronze

Post by jackalope11 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:12 pm

Anybody ever notice that I post in bunches?

Is that bad? Am I breaking some unknown rule of the internets?

I just get sooo excited to post!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”