Rutgers Newark

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pink_law14

Re: Rutgers Newark

Postby pink_law14 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:55 pm

This office is being sooooo difficult. I've been complete since end of Jan and still under review, and they can't tell me any more than I already know. What do you guys think is taking so long? I was expecting immediate waitlist... 154 3.2 NJ Female

April 15th is right around the corner with four major deposits due :( any advice?

Compaq1984

Postby Compaq1984 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:57 pm

pink_law14 wrote:This office is being sooooo difficult. I've been complete since end of Jan and still under review, and they can't tell me any more than I already know. What do you guys think is taking so long? I was expecting immediate waitlist... 154 3.2 NJ Female

April 15th is right around the corner with four major deposits due :( any advice?

???
I was "held" a month ago and told that a decision before the end of April in "unlikely"...FWIW

however, I dont think I will be waiting that long...

kissy

Postby kissy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:59 pm

damn, with a 154/3.2 i would've thought you'd have gotten in for sure. i can't seem to recall ... are you in-state?!

i got into both RU-C & RU-N and if i told you my stats you'd hate them even more..

pink_law14

Postby pink_law14 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:05 pm

haha yes I am in-state all my life. Unfortunately, I am not URM, but still hopeful for an admit to Rutgers-N. Its been almost 8 weeks.. has it taken anyone else this long? I really need to start sending some other deposits!

kissy

Postby kissy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:07 pm

i'm non-URM also! what other schools are you considering? and you'd think that they would have to tell you sometime within the next month, no? take this with a grain of salt but couldn't you mention the fact that the deadlines are coming up..

pink_law14

Postby pink_law14 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:11 pm

tell me about it haha

Scholarships at: Pace, Quinnipiac, New York Law, Widener, and Ave Maria
Still pending: Rutgers-N, Seton Hall, St. John's, Charleston, Miami, Brooklyn
Waitlisted: Catholic, Hofstra

What should I do?! I'm home for the holiday weekend, I'm thinking about just showing up and demanding answers haha show them I can do some lawyering :)

kissy

Postby kissy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:15 pm

it's ridiculous that you've been complete for so long at rutgers and haven't even gone under review yet ... like i said a few days ago, i went complete on 3/1, under review 3/17, accepted 3/22. i'm still pending at UMiami, Temple, & Brooklyn, and was waitlisted at Villanova (which i'm considering a personal success, lol).

have you written a LOCI?

pink_law14

Postby pink_law14 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:19 pm

Ok.. now I really wanna know your credentials lol unless maybe there's some secret love that they hold for you more than me! Congrats on Villanova WL! I got the status checker that said, "your application is denied." No words like, "Unfortunately" or "We're sorry" haha I don't need to go to their overrated and overpriced school anyway. You didn't do Rutgers undergrad btw did you?

Compaq1984

Postby Compaq1984 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:21 pm

again, FWIW, I never went "under review" at RU-N or RU-C....
I checked stat checker (at RU-N) and it said a "decision could not be made at this time" and an email followed shortly after...
@ RU-C, I never heard anything til I got their email...

wizoz

Postby wizoz » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:22 pm

...so no1 knows a thing about this bbq? Mia is missing in action when we need her to tell us the details...sigh.

kissy

Postby kissy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:26 pm

pink_law14 wrote:Ok.. now I really wanna know your credentials your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable unless maybe there's some secret love that they hold for you more than me! Congrats on Villanova WL! I got the status checker that said, "your application is denied." No words like, "Unfortunately" or "We're sorry" haha I don't need to go to their overrated and overpriced school anyway. You didn't do Rutgers undergrad btw did you?

2.6x with a staggeringly upward trend & addendum [1.2 freshman year :lol: ] / 165; superb PS [not my personal opinion, seems to be the general consensus from the law firm i work in .. they were legitimately impressed]; impressive LOR [2 from former professors, one from current employer who just so happens to be a harvard law alum, former rutgers law professor for 20+ years, taught the dean's children, etc.

edit: my PS also discusses my GPA and my absolute refusal to let it hold me back / define me, yadayadayada, and i went to Union College [top 40 liberal arts school], however, my extremely low GPA as an English major / History minor is somewhat (extreme understatement) embarrassing.

pink_law14

Postby pink_law14 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:47 pm

wow! that doesn't sound too bad though, you have excellent recommendations and what sound like a wonderful personal statement :) congrats... what is your top choice?

kissy

Postby kissy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:51 pm

well i was hoping by some miracle to get serious $$$$$$ from BLS, but that's clearly not happening. Villanova would be awesome, but not only am i WL'd, there's practically zero chance of me getting money from them either. UMiami would be sweet, but i don't plan on living in florida, and i'm sure i would be too distracted by the fact that the beach is within walking distance.

i've already sent in a seat deposit to RU-C, and pending 1L grades will either be staying there (at a very reasonable price, when taking scholly into consideration), or transferring to a T1. but, to be honest, who knows how i'm going to do first semester, let alone 1L, so transferring might not be an option - that being said, i'd obviously be shooting for the top of the class regardless, so we will see where i'm at in exactly one year!!!

kissy

Postby kissy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:52 pm

pink_law14 wrote:wow! that doesn't sound too bad though, you have excellent recommendations and what sound like a wonderful personal statement :) congrats... what is your top choice?

and why aren't you pink anymore :(

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:52 pm

kissy, I think we actually ARE #'s twins :lol:. (My GPA is higher, but it's still sub3)

Was also WL'd @ 'Nova (withdrew), but I didn't apply to Miami.

kissy

Postby kissy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:55 pm

keg411 wrote:kissy, I think we actually ARE #'s twins :your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable:. (My GPA is higher, but it's still sub3)

Was also WL'd @ 'Nova (withdrew), but I didn't apply to Miami.

i plan on withdrawing as well, but i'm riding the others out to see "what if" (that, and i will find it somewhat humourous if i get rejected from 'inferior' schools)

and welcome to the 3> club!!!

:lol:

Edit: by inferior i was not referring to BLS, UMiami, etc ... i also have some safety apps floating around in cyberspace...

inSouthAmerica

Postby inSouthAmerica » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:59 pm

why all the love for villanova... overpriced...
just like north jersey would be newark or bust for me...
philly would be rutgers-c/temple (depending on residency) or bust for me...
i got into all three, looked at them all hard. just dont see it.
Last edited by inSouthAmerica on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

inSouthAmerica

Postby inSouthAmerica » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:03 pm

@pink_law14 and layingdowndalaw- they should give yall a decision already, no sense in the city pushing its luck.

bernie shmegma

Postby bernie shmegma » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:21 pm

dakatz wrote:

They would have a parade, except I'm pretty sure someone would get murdered during it...

haha.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:36 pm

inSouthAmerica wrote:why all the love for villanova... overpriced...

Agreed that 'Nova is overpriced. Hence why I didn't stay on the WL.

Meanwhile, I'm closer and closer to sending my deposit to RU-N :).

inSouthAmerica

Postby inSouthAmerica » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:44 pm

pull the trigger, its a great feeling!

renee15

Postby renee15 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:37 pm

dakatz wrote:

They would have a parade, except I'm pretty sure someone would get murdered during it...

haha I read this on AOL today. I made sure to show my parents just to make sure they know I am going to a safe place :)

renee15

Postby renee15 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:40 pm

kissy wrote:it's ridiculous that you've been complete for so long at rutgers and haven't even gone under review yet ... like i said a few days ago, i went complete on 3/1, under review 3/17, accepted 3/22. i'm still pending at UMiami, Temple, & Brooklyn, and was waitlisted at Villanova (which i'm considering a personal success, your attempt at humor is the most laughable thing about your post; sadly, it is not that laughable).

have you written a LOCI?

Kissy,

Just got WL at Temple 2 days ago...Hopefully you will hear from them soon!

bernie shmegma

Postby bernie shmegma » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:41 pm

keg411 wrote:

Agreed that 'Nova is overpriced. Hence why I didn't stay on the WL.

Meanwhile, I'm closer and closer to sending my deposit to RU-N :).

And their scholarship stipulation is terrible at 3.25, totally not worth the risk, plus philly blows. Phillies, Eagles, Flyers fans... THE WORST! haha I'm staying at or above the Trenton/Belmar horizontal border.
Last edited by bernie shmegma on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

renee15

Postby renee15 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:42 pm

I got into Villanova and I am choosing Rutgers...I liked Philly...don't get me wrong...but Villanova is overpriced..and I would prefer North Jersey/NYC (I did not apply to RU-C).

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”