Rutgers Newark Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Burger in a can

Silver

Re: Rutgers Newark

Post by Burger in a can » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:57 am

I will be withdrawing this week- freeing up 18k/year along with my spot. It came down to Rutgers vs. UConn for me and it was really rough decision to make, but I ended up choosing UConn. Good luck to everyone and congratulations to those who are headed to RU-Newark this fall! :D

renee15

New

Post by renee15 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:44 am

Burger in a can wrote:I will be withdrawing this week- freeing up 18k/year along with my spot. It came down to Rutgers vs. UConn for me and it was really rough decision to make, but I ended up choosing UConn. Good luck to everyone and congratulations to those who are headed to RU-Newark this fall! :D
Just out of curiosity; is there anything in particular that made you choose one over the other? Oh, and please tell the fine folks at UConn admissions to please send me a decision :)

Good Luck!

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:51 am

renee15 wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:I will be withdrawing this week- freeing up 18k/year along with my spot. It came down to Rutgers vs. UConn for me and it was really rough decision to make, but I ended up choosing UConn. Good luck to everyone and congratulations to those who are headed to RU-Newark this fall! :D
Just out of curiosity; is there anything in particular that made you choose one over the other? Oh, and please tell the fine folks at UConn admissions to please send me a decision :)

Good Luck!
It honestly came down to considering where I want to practice, and also the campus visits, where UConn really trumped Rutgers. I really do feel that the schools are equally matched in terms of job prospects in their respective regions, so for me it mostly was about choosing which region I wanted to live in.

I really had no idea which school to choose until I visited both campuses, but the correct choice for me was really obvious afterwards. :)

renee15

New

Post by renee15 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:11 am

Burger in a can wrote:
renee15 wrote:

Good Luck!
It honestly came down to considering where I want to practice, and also the campus visits, where UConn really trumped Rutgers. I really do feel that the schools are equally matched in terms of job prospects in their respective regions, so for me it mostly was about choosing which region I wanted to live in.

I really had no idea which school to choose until I visited both campuses, but the correct choice for me was really obvious afterwards. :)
Good Insight- I have not visited UConn but am somewhat familiar with the area. If I get in, I will try and visit before I send Rutgers my $. Location is big for me too...but I guess I would rather be right outside NYC than in Hartford...but if they ever let me know if I am in or not...it will be a tough decision (along with Temple, if I get in there).

Compaq1984

Bronze

Post by Compaq1984 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:22 am

Burger in a can wrote:
renee15 wrote:

Good Luck!

Good luck! You sound like you have ur head on straight so im sure everything is gonna work out fine for you...

However, what happens if the new USNews Rankings come out and (god forbid), UCONN drops?!?!?!?
:shock:

lol j/k.... Ur one of the few people on here that realizes rankings are next to useless...
Congrats and GL again!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:31 pm

Thanks, guys, and good luck to you too! The people on this thread seem awesome so I'm sure Rutgers-Newark class of 2013 will rule. Also, I hope my scholarship is offered to one of you!

TUhustler

New

Post by TUhustler » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:04 pm

Congrats

nyjfanjmk

New

Post by nyjfanjmk » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:21 pm

Anyone going to the small group next Monday? Also, for anyone who has been to one of these so far, are they worth it? I'm undecided between Rutgers and one other school and could use a good experience there to help sway me in that direction.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:45 pm

nyjfanjmk wrote:Anyone going to the small group next Monday? Also, for anyone who has been to one of these so far, are they worth it? I'm undecided between Rutgers and one other school and could use a good experience there to help sway me in that direction.
I went last week and it was very very very good.

Burger - I know UConn was your first love so I'm not shocked they swayed you over Rutgers. UConn has an extremely strong program and I'm sure it's a really awesome school. Congrats on your decision :).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

oberlin08

Bronze

Post by oberlin08 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:51 am

So I've been deferred for some time now. The possiblity of getting in-state tuition (as opposed to paying sticker or close to sticker at my other private school choices) is looking really attractive.

Should I go visit as a way of expressing interest?

I was deferred 1/21/10, so a real decision should be coming any day now...

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:56 am

oberlin08 wrote:So I've been deferred for some time now. The possiblity of getting in-state tuition (as opposed to paying sticker or close to sticker at my other private school choices) is looking really attractive.

Should I go visit as a way of expressing interest?

I was deferred 1/21/10, so a real decision should be coming any day now...
I would definitely visit, it'll give you an edge over the other deferred candidates. I'm doing the same thing at another school.

bjf

Bronze

Post by bjf » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:58 am

Congrats, Burger! Good luck at UConn. :mrgreen:

lovaholic

New

Post by lovaholic » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:51 pm

In today via email! SOOO happy. No mention of a scholarship in the initial email and Camden offered some $. Either way- I can live at home and attend Newark so the scholarship at Camden does not sway me TOO much.

I don't really see a major difference between the two to make me pay more for Camden.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

badpixie

Bronze

Post by badpixie » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:02 pm

lovaholic wrote:In today via email! SOOO happy. No mention of a scholarship in the initial email and Camden offered some $. Either way- I can live at home and attend Newark so the scholarship at Camden does not sway me TOO much.

I don't really see a major difference between the two to make me pay more for Camden.
Congrats!

inSouthAmerica

Bronze

Post by inSouthAmerica » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:44 pm

my cycles over - im going to newark (over temple) - is it time to make a facebook group? - one more month?

bernie shmegma

Bronze

Post by bernie shmegma » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:47 pm

inSouthAmerica wrote:my cycles over - im going to newark (over temple) - is it time to make a facebook group? - one more month?
One more month. Some of us need a bit more deliberation. I, personally am admittedly very close to where you're head is at though.

bernie shmegma

Bronze

Post by bernie shmegma » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:52 pm

Good feeling? You can buy RU gear now...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

renee15

New

Post by renee15 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:26 pm

inSouthAmerica wrote:my cycles over - im going to newark (over temple) - is it time to make a facebook group? - one more month?
Do it...I am like...99% at this point. For some reason UConn and Temple are holding out on me. I am kind of over CT, and while I like Philly, Newark is just more convenient.

Yeah lets make a facebook group ya'll!

TUhustler

New

Post by TUhustler » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:27 am

I decided on newark as well, I'll join. And yes I'm planning on buying RU gear after the open house. When is the right time to put the sticker on your car?

badpixie

Bronze

Post by badpixie » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:23 am

My status just changed to "Decision Rendered" but it doesn't say what the decision is and no email yet. Is that a bad sign?

renee15

New

Post by renee15 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:35 am

badpixie wrote:My status just changed to "Decision Rendered" but it doesn't say what the decision is and no email yet. Is that a bad sign?
Probably not...I am sure they will email you either way. I know your online status check does not tell you what the decision is. I am sure the email will come shortly. Good luck and fingers crossed it is good news!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

renee15

New

Post by renee15 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:36 am

TUhustler wrote:
I decided on newark as well, I'll join. And yes I'm planning on buying RU gear after the open house. When is the right time to put the sticker on your car?
I wish I was going to have a car to put a sticker on! BTW if anyone is interested in a 2007 Dodge Nitro PM me. It will be available for viewing on the 26th. :)

Maybe I will throw a sticker on my boyfriend's car.

badpixie

Bronze

Post by badpixie » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:46 am

renee15 wrote:
badpixie wrote:My status just changed to "Decision Rendered" but it doesn't say what the decision is and no email yet. Is that a bad sign?
Probably not...I am sure they will email you either way. I know your online status check does not tell you what the decision is. I am sure the email will come shortly. Good luck and fingers crossed it is good news!
Thanks Renee. I'm going to count on the luck of the Irish and hope for an acceptance email with some nice scholly $$ some time today. :)

bjf

Bronze

Post by bjf » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:47 am

Good luck, Badpixie!

get it to x

Bronze

Post by get it to x » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:17 pm

Any updates pixie or anyone else from today's batch? Good luck!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”