Rutgers Newark Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lovaholic

New

Re: Rutgers Newark

Post by lovaholic » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:13 pm

I'm excited guys! Almost all my classes have been 'activated' on Blackboard.(-Perry) Books have been ordered and just trying to find those LRW books online for cheap. Looks like the used price at the bookstore is pretty comparable to what I'm finding. Sucks that there are 4 of them..adds up.

kasparov

New

Post by kasparov » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:32 am

i was with my gf around 1:00am today when i got an email from francione about homework. all but two of my classes are up on blackboard as of this morning, but francione is the only one w/ an assignment.

champ33

Bronze

Post by champ33 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:14 pm

For the few of you I talked to in PM I just deferred my acceptance to 2011. Good luck to everybody this year. Save your outlines :D

beast510

New

Post by beast510 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:31 pm

Haven't received any assignments yet, and only got four course activated on BB.

Is there anyone who's gonna live on University Square? PM me if you don't mind. I sent in my immunization form, but the health services said they still haven't got it yet... That's really horrible, since I don't have another copy, and I was such a fool to send my original copy without copying it...

badpixie

Bronze

Post by badpixie » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:12 pm

beast510 wrote:Haven't received any assignments yet, and only got four course activated on BB.

Is there anyone who's gonna live on University Square? PM me if you don't mind. I sent in my immunization form, but the health services said they still haven't got it yet... That's really horrible, since I don't have another copy, and I was such a fool to send my original copy without copying it...
I haven't seen anything listed under "First Day Assignments" on the Community tab on Blackboard, but a couple of my courses did have something listed under the Courses tab.

Maybe you can get a copy of the immunization form from your doctor. I know that mine kept a copy in my file. HTH

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lovaholic

New

Post by lovaholic » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:17 pm

I got my Contracts-9th edition book by Dawson ISBN 9781599411507 and it says in the front cover "PROFESSOR REVIEW COPY-NOT FOR SALE". WTF? I called BN and they said that these are usually free books the publishers give to professors to try to get them to use the book. So idk- bookbyte.com was the seller on BN.com.

ANYWAY--i just don't know if this is the book I'm supposed to have? Is there something different with this "not for sale" book? If any of you have your contracts book-- can you please check if your page 9 has "Groves v. John Wunder Co"? Or like page 363 a picture of "Lady Duff-Gordon"?

The guy at BN said that sometimes the page numbering is off. I would appreciate it guys!

TUhustler

New

Post by TUhustler » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:08 pm

lovaholic wrote:I got my Contracts-9th edition book by Dawson ISBN 9781599411507 and it says in the front cover "PROFESSOR REVIEW COPY-NOT FOR SALE". WTF? I called BN and they said that these are usually free books the publishers give to professors to try to get them to use the book. So idk- bookbyte.com was the seller on BN.com.

ANYWAY--i just don't know if this is the book I'm supposed to have? Is there something different with this "not for sale" book? If any of you have your contracts book-- can you please check if your page 9 has "Groves v. John Wunder Co"? Or like page 363 a picture of "Lady Duff-Gordon"?

The guy at BN said that sometimes the page numbering is off. I would appreciate it guys!
Just checked my copy which seems to be the regular student edition and I have the same things on both of those pages.

phooey182

Bronze

Post by phooey182 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:39 am

lovaholic wrote:I'm excited guys! Almost all my classes have been 'activated' on Blackboard.(-Perry) Books have been ordered and just trying to find those LRW books online for cheap. Looks like the used price at the bookstore is pretty comparable to what I'm finding. Sucks that there are 4 of them..adds up.
I had Perry for Torts. I think she activated Blackboard Friday before the first day of classes. Perry doesn't use Blackboard. I don't think she understands computers very well. She usually has her secretary do it, and it is rare at that.

Perry also doesn't use a formal syllabus. She just says, 'oh, for next class, just read the next 20 pages in the casebook.' She is very off-the-cuff.

If you are ever in doubt about your first assignments, just read the first 20 pages in your casebook, just to get an idea about the subject.

kasparov

New

Post by kasparov » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:25 pm

so anyone see the write up in the star ledger, on the front page, titled "The Case Against Law School?"

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ef86

New

Post by ef86 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:56 pm

I just wanted to say hi to everyone. I got in off the wait list and am attending last minute after having been enrolled SHU. See you all tomorrow haha!

ef86

New

Post by ef86 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:58 pm

kasparov wrote:i was with my gf around 1:00am today when i got an email from francione about homework. all but two of my classes are up on blackboard as of this morning, but francione is the only one w/ an assignment.

I have Francione as well but, since I'm just enrolled, I don't have access to blackboard yet. Do you think you could PM me the assignment? I have the books already, just need to know what my next move is. Thanks! :D

kasparov

New

Post by kasparov » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:31 pm

ef86 wrote:
kasparov wrote:i was with my gf around 1:00am today when i got an email from francione about homework. all but two of my classes are up on blackboard as of this morning, but francione is the only one w/ an assignment.

I have Francione as well but, since I'm just enrolled, I don't have access to blackboard yet. Do you think you could PM me the assignment? I have the books already, just need to know what my next move is. Thanks! :D

hey! check your pms.

lawschoolgirl7

New

Post by lawschoolgirl7 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:02 am

Anyone still looking for housing in Newark!?

1 bedroom in a 2 bedroom apartment in the Union Building just became available! (roommate got off the waitlist elsewhere)

$670 a month.. lease already signed & room ready to move into asap.. roommate is neat, friendly & easy-going!!

PM me asap if you're interested!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kasparov

New

Post by kasparov » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:34 pm

anyone with troutt for torts get an assignment yet?

Crnoevich for LRW either?

edit: nevermind. looks like everything is up on blackboard. the profs just like to put things in different locations.

phooey182

Bronze

Post by phooey182 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:36 pm

omg 2 more days. Are u nervous? How was orientation?

get it to x

Bronze

Post by get it to x » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:01 pm

I had a decent time. I thought certain events were a little wasteful, but nothing extreme. The administration seems to want to help you or at least they put on a nice show in that regard. Thought there were more gunners than anticipated with one guy in particular name dropping the firm that he worked for and excessively kissing 2L and administration butt.

Rutgers1L_10

Bronze

Post by Rutgers1L_10 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:53 pm

get it to x wrote:I had a decent time. I thought certain events were a little wasteful, but nothing extreme. The administration seems to want to help you or at least they put on a nice show in that regard. Thought there were more gunners than anticipated with one guy in particular name dropping the firm that he worked for and excessively kissing 2L and administration butt.

What's his name? I need my locker cleaned!

Hope you guys all saw the email telling you where to go on your first day of classes.
Remember all classes that start with "0" are in the atrium--DON'T BE LATE TO CLASS!!!
Don't forget to bring you lunch money, and don't let any upperclassmen try and sell you an "elevator pass"--the elevator is Free!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

NJcollegestudent

Bronze

Post by NJcollegestudent » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:54 pm

To the 1L's, enjoy your first year. I hope to join you next year.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”