American U

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12423
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: American U

Postby gdane » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:06 am

LSN has a long string of W's from people that were accepted and waitlisted. I just wish LSN were representative of WCL applicants. Im sure that for all the W's that are on LSN, there are many more A's that we just dont know about. Oh well, its friday and Friday's are always pleasant. Dog park with the Dane at 4:00!

User avatar
Not-A-Teabagger
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:01 am

Re: American U

Postby Not-A-Teabagger » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:02 pm

So after we've paid our seat deposit, and have decided to attend, what happens next? Do we get any more neat packages in the mail? Or do they just forget about us until it's time to start demanding out tuition moneys?

Sias
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:48 pm

Re: American U

Postby Sias » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:10 pm

Did any other waitlisters who elected for FT/PT just get the email that their file has been selected to be reviewed for the PT program?

User avatar
HazelEyes
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: American U

Postby HazelEyes » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:02 pm

FML, just got a waitlist email, when I was SO sure AU was going to be a yes.

Oh well. Guess there's always 2011...

Quick, someone say something super cheerful to me...

Sias
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:48 pm

Re: American U

Postby Sias » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Sarah just called and I'm in! See you guys in the fall!

texlawtex
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: American U

Postby texlawtex » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:36 pm

Sias wrote:Did any other waitlisters who elected for FT/PT just get the email that their file has been selected to be reviewed for the PT program?


Hmm I wrote back and said I was up for FT/PT but I have recieved no such email. I suppose that is a good thing. What are your numbers, if you dont mind?

Queenjane87
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: American U

Postby Queenjane87 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:53 pm

Sias wrote:Sarah just called and I'm in! See you guys in the fall!


Wow! Congrats! That was a pretty quick turn around. mind sharing your stats?

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12423
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: American U

Postby gdane » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:35 pm

My kitty just died... and Im really really sad right now. All i've gotten is bad news in the last few months and this just tops it. Please AU, give me some good news. Im glad to see people have begun to be pulled off the waitlist. Please let me be one of them.

Congratulations Sias and to anyone else. You all deserve it for waiting as much as you did.

fj86
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: American U

Postby fj86 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:46 pm

So have they officially started taking people off the wait list for the FT program? Or is it just for the PT program for now? Ugh, the wait is killing me!!!

WMCowgirl
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:58 am

Re: American U

Postby WMCowgirl » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:03 pm

fj86 wrote:So have they officially started taking people off the wait list for the FT program? Or is it just for the PT program for now? Ugh, the wait is killing me!!!


The wait is killing me too!!! I think we should all make an agreement as waitlisters to post when we get news so the others still in the "dark" can keep track of the progress. I for one am not expecting to hear for awhile because my LSAT is on the low side of those waitlisted.

User avatar
skamike
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:16 pm

Re: American U

Postby skamike » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:11 pm

I opted for both FT/PT on the waitlist. Have not heard anything yet, but will post if I do

rockstar4488
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:39 pm

Re: American U

Postby rockstar4488 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:24 pm

American seems ruthlessly efficient. I'd imagine more of us will start to hear.

WMCowgirl
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:58 am

Re: American U

Postby WMCowgirl » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:42 pm

Soooo this may be a little pathetic of me, but I counted the number of Accepted--Withdrawn off LSN today. It comes out to 84. Even though that is not a perfect representation of the applicant pool...it is at least something for us waitlisted hopefuls to be slightly excited about...right? :)

WMCowgirl
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:58 am

Re: American U

Postby WMCowgirl » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:45 pm

WMCowgirl wrote:Soooo this may be a little pathetic of me, but I counted the number of Accepted--Withdrawn off LSN today. It comes out to 84. Even though that is not a perfect representation of the applicant pool...it is at least something for us waitlisted hopefuls to be slightly excited about...right? :)


That is unless they "over accept" people because they know they will have a good number decide to withdraw... did I just burst my own bubble?

rockstar4488
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:39 pm

Re: American U

Postby rockstar4488 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:57 pm

And mine as well!

Scribbly
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:18 pm

Re: American U

Postby Scribbly » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:35 pm

I submitted my deposit. Anyone in the Chicago area?

User avatar
gdane
Posts: 12423
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: American U

Postby gdane » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:24 pm

Damn you Scribbly!

Cowgirl, thats not pathetic. What you noted is correct, there have been a lot of Accepted Withdrawns and Waitlisted Withdrawns. Im hoping all of us get accepted. Of course, there is no way of knowing how many people are going to be taken off the waitlist...

I <3 Cowgirls!!! FSU Cowgirls!!!

Just joking Scribbly. I hope we all get to see you.
Last edited by gdane on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
HazelEyes
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: American U

Postby HazelEyes » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:47 am

Just curious- how many of you fellow waitlisters clicked off full of part time? I only clicked full, and am wondering if I made a big mistake.

I spent all 4 years of my undergrad working full time and going to school at night, and I absolutely DO NOT want to go to school at night again.

That being said, in your opinions- was that a dumb idea?

florida12
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:30 pm

Re: American U

Postby florida12 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:56 am

HazelEyes wrote:Just curious- how many of you fellow waitlisters clicked off full of part time? I only clicked full, and am wondering if I made a big mistake.

I spent all 4 years of my undergrad working full time and going to school at night, and I absolutely DO NOT want to go to school at night again.

That being said, in your opinions- was that a dumb idea?


I def. think your limiting your classes by only clicking FT, and if you have your heart set on only going to American, I would email your adviser and ask to change it to both programs. Don't forget you can switch from PT to FT during the second year..

Sias
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:48 pm

Re: American U

Postby Sias » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:33 am

florida12 wrote:
HazelEyes wrote:Just curious- how many of you fellow waitlisters clicked off full of part time? I only clicked full, and am wondering if I made a big mistake.

I spent all 4 years of my undergrad working full time and going to school at night, and I absolutely DO NOT want to go to school at night again.

That being said, in your opinions- was that a dumb idea?


I def. think your limiting your classes by only clicking FT, and if you have your heart set on only going to American, I would email your adviser and ask to change it to both programs. Don't forget you can switch from PT to FT during the second year..


Yeah, I agree that you're probably hurting your chances if you have your heart set on American. The difference between FT/PT is 3/2 classes a semester, respectively. So, with 2 summer courses, you can complete 1L in 1 year and transfer into FT (I looked it up and the only requirement is maintaining a C average)

User avatar
HazelEyes
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: American U

Postby HazelEyes » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:43 am

Sias wrote:
florida12 wrote:
HazelEyes wrote:Just curious- how many of you fellow waitlisters clicked off full of part time? I only clicked full, and am wondering if I made a big mistake.

I spent all 4 years of my undergrad working full time and going to school at night, and I absolutely DO NOT want to go to school at night again.

That being said, in your opinions- was that a dumb idea?


I def. think your limiting your classes by only clicking FT, and if you have your heart set on only going to American, I would email your adviser and ask to change it to both programs. Don't forget you can switch from PT to FT during the second year..


Yeah, I agree that you're probably hurting your chances if you have your heart set on American. The difference between FT/PT is 3/2 classes a semester, respectively. So, with 2 summer courses, you can complete 1L in 1 year and transfer into FT (I looked it up and the only requirement is maintaining a C average)

I wouldn't say so much I have my heart set on American, as I have my heart set on somewhere... and a WL is better than a reject... Do people just move to another city for PT school and get a job for a year?

User avatar
Mardou
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:33 pm

Re: American U

Postby Mardou » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:51 am

Scribbly wrote:I submitted my deposit. Anyone in the Chicago area?


I live in Chicago...

User avatar
Not-A-Teabagger
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:01 am

Re: American U

Postby Not-A-Teabagger » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:02 am

Mardou wrote:
Scribbly wrote:I submitted my deposit. Anyone in the Chicago area?


I live in Chicago...


+2

User avatar
ethreeezy
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Re: American U

Postby ethreeezy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:15 am

Mardou wrote:
Scribbly wrote:I submitted my deposit. Anyone in the Chicago area?


I live in Chicago...




+3

User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: American U

Postby smartblonde87 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 am

HazelEyes wrote:FML, just got a waitlist email, when I was SO sure AU was going to be a yes.

Oh well. Guess there's always 2011...

Quick, someone say something super cheerful to me...


We are both on the waitlist! Wanna play go fish :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], blahblah123, Google Adsense [Bot] and 9 guests