American U

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Sias

Re: American U

Postby Sias » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:22 pm

gdane5 wrote:Wow, you take this really seriously!

My last subject line read "Another LOCI for you Sarah. Enjoy! " No joke.

Though I don't know how many LOCIs you've sent, and enthusiasm is rarely ever a bad thing, just be careful you don't cross that exceedingly thin line separating the realms of devotion and annoyance.

DeSilentio2728

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Sias wrote:
gdane5 wrote:Wow, you take this really seriously!

My last subject line read "Another LOCI for you Sarah. Enjoy! " No joke.

Though I don't know how many LOCIs you've sent, and enthusiasm is rarely ever a bad thing, just be careful you don't cross that exceedingly thin line separating the realms of devotion and annoyance.

If you're standing in the middle of a crowd and everyone shouts once, but one guy continues shouting every ten minutes, then that guy is going to separate himself from the pack. Whether it's for good or bad who knows. But at least he will have distinguished himself from the rest of the group.

jjinva

Postby jjinva » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:35 pm

I wouldn't sweat it. Sarah doesn't seem like the type to be swayed one way or the other. She just puts it in a file. She gets them all day, everyday, for sure. As long as you are polite and professional and not stalkery, she's fine with it. They don't give you a phone number to call and bug people, email is your only option. Use it!

gdane

Postby gdane » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:03 pm

Ohh yea trust me, I show enthusiasm, but I definitely dont cross the line between enthusiasm and just plain looking like a wackadoo. Im very respectful and I always appreciate what Sarah Overman does as my admissions counselor. She's very courteous and if I get into WCL the first thing I will do is personally thank her.

Im under the impression that she just notes your continued interest and puts your LOCI in your file. I dont think anyone ever reads them until they go through the waitlist. Stacks of LOCI's go unread at the WCL admissions office. LOL.

rockstar4488

Postby rockstar4488 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:46 pm

I'm sure there will be enough slots opening up for the handful of us chatting it up on the TLS forum. Whether or not we get those slots.... well... that's another story!

So for some good luck, I went to steak and egg on Sunday and then visited.

WMCowgirl

Postby WMCowgirl » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi all--this is my first time back to the board in a while so forgive me if this question has already been answered...

Has there been any movement on the wait list????? American is my top choice (like many of ya'll) and I am dying to get in. I have been checking my status religiously since January 21st (even though I knew it wouldn't move). I was just wondering if anyone knew when they would resume looking at the wait list??????

Also, how many LOCIs have you guys sent? I have sent in three so far....

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:10 pm

WMCowgirl wrote:Hi all--this is my first time back to the board in a while so forgive me if this question has already been answered...

Has there been any movement on the wait list????? American is my top choice (like many of ya'll) and I am dying to get in. I have been checking my status religiously since January 21st (even though I knew it wouldn't move). I was just wondering if anyone knew when they would resume looking at the wait list??????

Also, how many LOCIs have you guys sent? I have sent in three so far....

Withdrew yesterday. Hope it helps.

jlnoa0915

Postby jlnoa0915 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:57 pm

Withdrew, couldn't justify the debt even with the GI Bill

Not-A-Teabagger

Postby Not-A-Teabagger » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:22 am

I just wanted to extend my apologies to Gdane for not opening up a spot in next year's class, as I have elected to attend WCL in the fall. If you make it in off the waitlist Gdane I hope to see you at orientation in August wearing a custom made T-shirt stating something of the sort: "Oh yea, Gdane made it baby!"

WithGrace23

Postby WithGrace23 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:45 am

Withdrew today. Tough choice because I loved American! But just too much money for me...

jjinva

Postby jjinva » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:53 am

Is today a big day for AU, deposit deadlines?

rockstar4488

Postby rockstar4488 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:02 am

Yeah. I'm wondering when we will start to see withdrawals matriculate into acceptances off the waiting list though. Any historical information on the turn around time?

sk08

Postby sk08 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:21 pm

Does anyone know when the next deposit is? I understand that the $900 is essentially the 1st+2nd deposit (paid deposit last night) I will be riding out a WL well into the summer but would like to have a date in mind for the next WCL deposit... thanks!

Not-A-Teabagger

Postby Not-A-Teabagger » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:25 pm

sk08 wrote:Does anyone know when the next deposit is? I understand that the $900 is essentially the 1st+2nd deposit (paid deposit last night) I will be riding out a WL well into the summer but would like to have a date in mind for the next WCL deposit... thanks!

I believe that June 30th is the last day that you can request a partial seat deposit refund of $450, so I would imagine that this would be the next big day for WL applicants.

gdane

Postby gdane » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Not-a-teabagger, I get the feeling that you're legitimately sorry and thats really cool. Dont worry about it. If you wanted to go to AU, then go for it. Its just really cool that you've actually taken me into consideration after you made your decision. Thats really great of you. You seem to be one of the nicer and more down to earth people here on TLS.

In any case, I hope to be at AU as well. Im sending in my third LOCI today and umm just staying positive. It sucks though because this is on my mind everyday. Oh well, sometimes things dont come easy and thats when you appreciate them more. God knows that If I get an email/phone call telling me that ive been accepted, ill literally jump for joy and run down my street and most importantly ill be forever indebted to AU for giving me an opportunity.

Good luck everyone else!

Bailarina08

Postby Bailarina08 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:49 pm

gdane5 wrote:Not-a-teabagger, I get the feeling that you're legitimately sorry and thats really cool. Dont worry about it. If you wanted to go to AU, then go for it. Its just really cool that you've actually taken me into consideration after you made your decision. Thats really great of you. You seem to be one of the nicer and more down to earth people here on TLS.

In any case, I hope to be at AU as well. Im sending in my third LOCI today and umm just staying positive. It sucks though because this is on my mind everyday. Oh well, sometimes things dont come easy and thats when you appreciate them more. God knows that If I get an email/phone call telling me that ive been accepted, ill literally jump for joy and run down my street and most importantly ill be forever indebted to AU for giving me an opportunity.

Good luck everyone else!

Indebted? Or in debt? :P Jk, I really hope you get in. And I really hope I get in. I agree though, you should totally wear a special teeshirt for orientation if you make it!

gdane

Postby gdane » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:25 pm

Hahaha. In debt? Yes, that too.

Wear a special T shirt? But then people would know who I am? Thats scary...

Haha. If I get in at orientation, ill make sure people know who I am.

rockstar4488

Postby rockstar4488 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:00 pm

Is an AU waiting list party in order?

jjinva

Postby jjinva » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:14 pm

Don't forget me! I want to be there! I don't even care....FT or PT.....just get me in and I'll do the work! But unfortunately I can't wait until the end of June to make my decisions :(

Agent Bartowski

Postby Agent Bartowski » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:13 pm

Withdrew in favor of Catholic today. Good luck WL people. Hope a TLSer gets my spot.

cruzgator

Postby cruzgator » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:22 pm

rockstar4488 wrote:Is an AU waiting list party in order?

I am down for a wait list party. I'll bring the ice.

WithGrace23

Postby WithGrace23 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:10 pm

By the way...American threw a last minute scholarship at me of $10,000 a year. Literally today around 2 PM. I had already sent in my withdraw though.

daagermy1

Postby daagermy1 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:50 pm

WithGrace23 wrote:By the way...American threw a last minute scholarship at me of $10,000 a year. Literally today around 2 PM. I had already sent in my withdraw though.

Dang! Sorry WithGrace. Was it $10K each year or only the first year (a number of people have got that offer, including myself)?

Langfall

Postby Langfall » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:20 am

daagermy1 wrote:
WithGrace23 wrote:By the way...American threw a last minute scholarship at me of $10,000 a year. Literally today around 2 PM. I had already sent in my withdraw though.

Dang! Sorry WithGrace. Was it $10K each year or only the first year (a number of people have got that offer, including myself)?

Damn! I was wondering what would happen if I pushed the envelope through to the last day but figured I would just get it over with and send in my deposit. Oh well. It looks like a lot of people are withdrawing though...

insertclevernamehere

Postby insertclevernamehere » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:43 am

wow...that was super fast!

TO: icnh

We are disappointed that you have decided not to accept the offer of admission from American University Washington College of Law. Since the deposit deadline of April 15, 2010 has passed, we assume you have made other arrangements for the fall and will withdraw your application from the entering class.

We do wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and hope you will keep the Washington College of Law in mind should you decide to spend a summer in Washington, D.C. during your law school years.

So waitlisters, they are on their 'A' game...I'm sure you will see some movement soon. I hope UGA is this efficient!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”