American U

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
UGHilbert

Re: American U

Postby UGHilbert » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:45 pm

AliceB wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote: Your sarcastic remarks are both unnecessary and annoying. Stop acting as if you know others situation. Fawlty could have a completely legitimate reason for not being able to take the LSAT till December.

I'm simply tired of listening to people whine in this thread. The rest of us got between a 162-164 on the LSAT. If you want to whine about not getting in because of your high LSAT, you can always re-take and apply in the next cycle. I was only pointing out that there is a very effective way of showing American they are your first choice, whether or not your chose to use it.

Fixt.

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:54 pm

UGHilbert wrote:
AliceB wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote: Your sarcastic remarks are both unnecessary and annoying. Stop acting as if you know others situation. Fawlty could have a completely legitimate reason for not being able to take the LSAT till December.

I'm simply tired of listening to people whine in this thread. The rest of us got between a 162-164 on the LSAT. If you want to whine about not getting in because of your high LSAT, you can always re-take and apply in the next cycle. I was only pointing out that there is a very effective way of showing American they are your first choice, whether or not your chose to use it.

Fixt.

Oh no ... :lol: :lol:

statuscheckerssuck

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:04 pm

FunkyJD wrote:
UGHilbert wrote:
AliceB wrote:

Fixt.

Oh no ... :lol: :lol:

I actually laughed out loud at this. lol

fawlty

Postby fawlty » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:37 pm

AliceB wrote:

I'm simply tired of listening to people whine in this thread. The rest of us got our apps together in a timely manner. If you want to whine about not taking the LSAT earlier, you can always apply in the next cycle. I was only pointing out that there is a very effective way of showing American they are your first choice, whether or not your chose to use it.

Not to be rude, but if you are sick of hearing people whine, you are probably about to enter the wrong profession.

AliceB

Postby AliceB » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:50 pm

fawlty wrote:
AliceB wrote:

I'm simply tired of listening to people whine in this thread. The rest of us got our apps together in a timely manner. If you want to whine about not taking the LSAT earlier, you can always apply in the next cycle. I was only pointing out that there is a very effective way of showing American they are your first choice, whether or not your chose to use it.

Not to be rude, but if you are sick of hearing people whine, you are probably about to enter the wrong profession.

Whine on this thread.....about being waitlisted at American due to high scores. The lawyers I know don't whine.

statuscheckerssuck

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:02 pm

AliceB wrote:
fawlty wrote:
AliceB wrote:

Whine on this thread.....about being waitlisted at American due to high scores. The lawyers I know don't whine.

You talk as if lawyers are some different species. News Flash-- they are not. I know plenty of lawyers, and most of them "whine" on occasion just like everyone else.

lstwin

Postby lstwin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:10 pm

Mardou wrote:So, is anyone planning on attending the Admitted Students Day on March 26th?

I am - just bought my plane ticket last night. First time in DC - looking forward to it! :D

phoenix323

Postby phoenix323 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:13 pm

lstwin wrote:
Mardou wrote:So, is anyone planning on attending the Admitted Students Day on March 26th?

I am - just bought my plane ticket last night. First time in DC - looking forward to it! :D

I am also planning on attending! See you all there! I am super excited!

Mardou

Postby Mardou » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:15 pm

lstwin wrote:

I am looking forward to it as well - I have not been to D.C. since my eighth grade trip!

AliceB

Postby AliceB » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:57 pm

statuscheckerssuck wrote:
AliceB wrote:Whine on this thread.....about being waitlisted at American due to high scores. The lawyers I know don't whine.

You talk as if lawyers are some different species. News Flash-- they are not. I know plenty of lawyers, and most of them "whine" on occasion just like everyone else.

Sorry, I'm not following how calling out a group by profession is deeming them a separate species. And pardon - they don't whine like the people on this thread, as in, constantly. Did you even apply to American?

statuscheckerssuck

Postby statuscheckerssuck » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:00 pm

AliceB wrote:
statuscheckerssuck wrote:
AliceB wrote:Whine on this thread.....about being waitlisted at American due to high scores. The lawyers I know don't whine.

Sorry, I'm not following how calling out a group by profession is deeming them a separate species. And pardon - they don't whine like the people on this thread, as in, constantly. Did you even apply to American?

Yes. I am one of those you accuse of constant whining. :)

gdane

Postby gdane » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:54 pm

Everyone whines!! But yes lawyers whine too. I work in retail or oh my god they are some of the whiniest customers. Really cheap too. Well it just might be the lawyers in Miami Beach. If you know what im saying.

On another note, I got an email from American today regarding financial aid. i held my breath for a second because I thought it was either a rejection or acceptance off the waitlist.

Which brings me to a questions: Do schools reject off the waitlist before they start accepting?

Thanks!

tadams86

Postby tadams86 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:19 pm

+1 to the email and the question.

umterp08

Postby umterp08 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:55 pm

I just got my acceptance package. Online status tracker never said "decision made" though, so when I saw the Priority Mail envelope I was shocked.

And to add fuel to the YP fire, my numbers were a 163/3.15

lunu

Postby lunu » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:41 pm

umterp08 wrote:I just got my acceptance package. Online status tracker never said "decision made" though, so when I saw the Priority Mail envelope I was shocked.

are you a urm?

umterp08

Postby umterp08 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:58 pm

lunu wrote:
umterp08 wrote:I just got my acceptance package. Online status tracker never said "decision made" though, so when I saw the Priority Mail envelope I was shocked.

are you a urm?

nah. I'm Asian though if that helped. I had some decent softs, but honestly I dont think they mattered as long as I got the 163

lunu

Postby lunu » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:47 pm

umterp08 wrote:
lunu wrote:

are you a urm?

nah. I'm Asian though if that helped. I had some decent softs, b waviers ut honestly I dont think they mattered as long as I got the 163

thats really reassuring. also congrats.

joshlyman

Postby joshlyman » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:08 pm

WLed with a 162/3.1
im hoping the excessive waitlisting equals waitlist love for us right under their golden number (163)
once the list is shortened by withdrawals

American2013

Waitlisted

Postby American2013 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:19 am

OMG I just got YP'd at WCL. I had a mad high LSAT like a 158. YP for sure. American is totally notorious for that.

[Nah. I'm just kidding. See you in the fall]

izzytovar

Postby izzytovar » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:16 pm

Just went Decision Made. Here's to hoping.

lunu

Postby lunu » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:06 pm

WL'd (164/3 urm).

UGHGHUGH - i really wanted this. Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist yet? when is too soon to send in a letter? also is there any way they might accept me off the WL in the next two weeks while I'm waiting for other schools? It would suck to have to submit a 900 deposit and then get into a school closer to home or with a better admit package.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:34 pm

I've officially withdrawn so hopefully my spot will go out to one of you guys!

gdane

Postby gdane » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:34 am

Thanks Stephanie!!! You're the best!!

Im WL'ed and I'll wait til the end since American is the best school that I've gotten into.

hunkydory

Postby hunkydory » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:49 am

WL'd today 161/3.3

I'm not going to join the list. Best of luck to those of you who are though! I plan to re-take the LSAT and apply next year w/ a higher score.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:06 am

gdane5 wrote:Thanks Stephanie!!! You're the best!!

Im WL'ed and I'll wait til the end since American is the best school that I've gotten into.

:) Good luck!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”