American U

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jayare

Re: American U

Postby jayare » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:30 pm

lawlife2010 wrote:
eandy wrote:"decision made" today. : )

+1.
i submitted mine a week or two ago and status changed to decision made. =)
Do they mail you the decision fairly quickly?

My acceptance came USPS Priority Mail 2 days after my status went "decision made."

smartblonde87

Postby smartblonde87 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:37 pm

roecyris wrote:
gatorlion wrote:
roecyris wrote:I just got updated today (12/16) that a decision was made :-)

my numbers are 158/3.35 which is low end for LSAT and median for GPA according to US News ... Law School Numbers has me figured as a waitlist with slim chance of acceptance, but I'll be sure to let you guys know as soon as I know.

Anyone else get updated today??

I was WLed with a 4.0/158 dood. LSP had me an auto-admit...

I think im just hoping not to be rejected off the bat, but then again bein WL'ed then rejected might suck more than just being rejected ... I'm just going to try and shut it out until I get the letter .... sigh.

I was W/Led with 156/3.9. Good luck!

joshlyman

Postby joshlyman » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:20 pm

162/3.1 and i have heard NOTHING since 11/23 updated complete, even though i applied before halloween
what the hell gives? I would love the opportunity to attend this school but this process has become obscene does anyone
have an idea as to what my situation means? i know ive survived a whole host of rejections and waitlists but damn...

gdane

Postby gdane » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:08 pm

I'm really sorry. I've kept reading of this happening to people.

The reason I apologize is because I applied on 1/8, went complete on the 15th and received a Waitlist decision on 2/1.

You have better numbers than I do. It must really suck that you have to wait so long, but I would just say dont worry about it. Ive found that far too many people on this site make acceptances into life and death situations. There is life outside of law school.

eandy

Postby eandy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:16 pm

joshlyman wrote:162/3.1 and i have heard NOTHING since 11/23 updated complete, even though i applied before halloween
what the hell gives? I would love the opportunity to attend this school but this process has become obscene does anyone
have an idea as to what my situation means? i know ive survived a whole host of rejections and waitlists but damn...

Chill out. It means that they haven't decided about you yet. They have to evaluate everyone else and come back to you. Basically, you're the pretty attractive person at the bar that you'll think you might take home, but you need to go shopping around for a while to make sure that there aren't too many better options.

joshlyman

Postby joshlyman » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:40 pm

thanks for the replies and sorry for the venting I know what you all mean. If im that person at the bar and American is shopping around, lets just say im giving them the "yep, im gonna come home with you" look.

roecyris

Postby roecyris » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:22 am

smartblonde87 wrote:
roecyris wrote:
gatorlion wrote:
roecyris wrote:I just got updated today (12/16) that a decision was made :-)

my numbers are 158/3.35 which is low end for LSAT and median for GPA according to US News ... Law School Numbers has me figured as a waitlist with slim chance of acceptance, but I'll be sure to let you guys know as soon as I know.

Anyone else get updated today??

I was WLed with a 4.0/158 dood. LSP had me an auto-admit...

I think im just hoping not to be rejected off the bat, but then again bein WL'ed then rejected might suck more than just being rejected ... I'm just going to try and shut it out until I get the letter .... sigh.

I was W/Led with 156/3.9. Good luck!

Thanks blonde, I'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as I know. I'll probably tell TLS before I tell my parents, haha.

smartblonde87

Postby smartblonde87 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:07 pm

joshlyman wrote:thanks for the replies and sorry for the venting I know what you all mean. If im that person at the bar and American is shopping around, lets just say im giving them the "yep, im gonna come home with you" look.

+1

smartblonde87

Postby smartblonde87 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:08 pm

tag
Last edited by smartblonde87 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lawlife2010

Postby lawlife2010 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:41 pm

In today!!!! Yayyy!
Does anyone know where to look for scholarship information on the website? How does American work with this?

DeSilentio2728

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:22 pm

Wow, these guys are really efficient! Application sent 2/15, Complete 2/17, Decision Made 2/19. I feel as though I should be quite nervous, as this doesn't even seem like enough time to read my application. Numbers are 163, 3.2. Should I be nervous?

gdane

Postby gdane » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:03 pm

Absolutely not.

umterp08

Postby umterp08 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:51 pm

DeSilentio2728 wrote:Wow, these guys are really efficient! Application sent 2/15, Complete 2/17, Decision Made 2/19. I feel as though I should be quite nervous, as this doesn't even seem like enough time to read my application. Numbers are 163, 3.2. Should I be nervous?

Let us know how it goes. My status: Application sent 2/18, Complete 2/19. Now I wait. And I'm so interested in you because I'm a 3.15/163....

DeSilentio2728

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:06 pm

umterp08 wrote:
DeSilentio2728 wrote:Wow, these guys are really efficient! Application sent 2/15, Complete 2/17, Decision Made 2/19. I feel as though I should be quite nervous, as this doesn't even seem like enough time to read my application. Numbers are 163, 3.2. Should I be nervous?

Let us know how it goes. My status: Application sent 2/18, Complete 2/19. Now I wait. And I'm so interested in you because I'm a 3.15/163....

I'll let you know as soon as I hear something.

eandy

Postby eandy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:38 am

Decision Made 2/15. Received packet in mail 2/19.

jbrowning82

Postby jbrowning82 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:28 am

What a joke this is. I've been complete since like 11/15.

roecyris

Postby roecyris » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:52 am

smartblonde87 wrote:I was WLed with a 4.0/158 dood. LSP had me an auto-admit...

I think im just hoping not to be rejected off the bat, but then again bein WL'ed then rejected might suck more than just being rejected ... I'm just going to try and shut it out until I get the letter .... sigh.[/quote]

I was W/Led with 156/3.9. Good luck![/quote]

Thanks blonde, I'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as I know. I'll probably tell TLS before I tell my parents, haha.[/quote]

haha, you better after all this build up![/quote]

Got the letter last night ... rejection :(

It's not unexpected, it was a reach for me, but I was still moderatly hopeful for waitlist. For those wondering it looks like acceptance letters come USPS packets while rejection letters come in a plain white American University envelope.

Best of luck to those still waiting!

gdane

Postby gdane » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:28 pm

Sorry about the rejection. Any reason why you think you were rejected? No softs? "Easy" major?

I'm patiently waiting on the waitlist. I know it's probably a nice way of rejecting me, but it keeps hope alive.

For anyone that isnt going to attend American PLEASE WITHDRAW. Give the hundreds of us on the waitlist some hope. haha.

T

eandy

Postby eandy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:36 pm

gdane5 wrote:Sorry about the rejection. Any reason why you think you were rejected? No softs? "Easy" major?

I'm patiently waiting on the waitlist. I know it's probably a nice way of rejecting me, but it keeps hope alive.

For anyone that isnt going to attend American PLEASE WITHDRAW. Give the hundreds of us on the waitlist some hope. haha.

T

I'm going to withdraw today :)

gdane

Postby gdane » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Are you really?

If you are that's great. Really great. I appreciate that. I know that every withdraw doesnt necessarily equal an admit from the waitlist, but it makes it more likely.

If you are joking, then thats a mean joke. haha. :lol:

eandy

Postby eandy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:57 pm

gdane5 wrote:Are you really?

If you are that's great. Really great. I appreciate that. I know that every withdraw doesnt necessarily equal an admit from the waitlist, but it makes it more likely.

No, I really am. There are two things that really annoy me:
--People applying to schools that they wouldn't actually go to or don't really want to(ex: "why not?" or "i'll use this for leverage!")
--People who, after deciding that they do not want to go to a school, do not withdraw.

The day after I got into American, I got into George Mason. So, now I know that I can take American off of my list and withdraw.

jbrowning82

Postby jbrowning82 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:04 pm

eandy wrote:

--People applying to schools that they wouldn't actually go to or don't really want to(ex: "why not?" or "i'll use this for leverage!")
--People who, after deciding that they do not want to go to a school, do not withdraw.

The day after I got into American, I got into George Mason. So, now I know that I can take American off of my list and withdraw.

Why does that annoy you? We dont owe each other anything as candidates and its in our best interest to apply to a lot of schools to cover our bases AND to use leverage.

eandy

Postby eandy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:06 pm

jbrowning82 wrote:
eandy wrote:

Why does that annoy you? We dont owe each other anything as candidates and its in our best interest to apply to a lot of schools to cover our bases AND to use leverage.

Yes, you are correct that it is not wrong to do those things. Just because something is a legitimate and correct thing does not mean that I'm not allowed to be annoyed by it.

gdane

Postby gdane » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:07 pm

Ah George Mason. My first choice. Good luck and enjoy it. I would much rather live in Arlington than in NW D.C.

Thanks for withdrawing. I, and many other waitlisted people, really appreciate it.

For JBrowning: Yes you dont owe anything to anyone, but it is common courtesy and you are helping other people. Its doing the right thing. I withdrew from a few schools when I realized that D.C. was the place I wanted to go.

DeSilentio2728

Postby DeSilentio2728 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:13 pm

umterp08 wrote:

If you look at the law school numbers graph for both this year and last year, it seems as though 163 is the magic number no matter one's GPA. I wonder if they are just automatically admitting those with 163 as they are more likely to attend American than say someone with a 167+? I hope this is the case (knock on wood), as I have yet to be notified either way.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”