American U

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: American U

Postby mhd08 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:11 pm

I totally forgot we're not getting mail on Monday... I am way too impatient for this!

User avatar
fonzerelli
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: American U

Postby fonzerelli » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:14 pm

mhd08 wrote:I totally forgot we're not getting mail on Monday... I am way too impatient for this!


Per your tar, watch a season of curb! Or, write a new episode based on the inanities of this LS application process. Then, grab a few friends/camcorder and film it. Hilarity could potentially ensue. There, I gave you several great ideas. ;)

idreamoflawschool09
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: American U

Postby idreamoflawschool09 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:00 pm

1/15 dm still seems to be good news- IN via status checker!!!!:)

edit: in via snail mail. Received 1/16

User avatar
TennisAddict
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: American U

Postby TennisAddict » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:06 pm

idreamoflawschool09 wrote:1/15 dm still seems to be good news- IN via status checker!!!!:)

edit: in via snail mail. Received 1/16


How did you find out from the status checker? Mine just says "decision made" 1/15/10... :(

User avatar
TennisAddict
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: American U

Postby TennisAddict » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Never mind :)

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: American U

Postby traehekat » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:16 pm

Hmm... my status checker still just says "Decision Made" since 1/13.

azb
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: American U

Postby azb » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:26 pm

TennisAddict wrote:Yep, I applied for PT on 12/28, complete around 1/10, decision 1/15. I'm still waiting for it in the mail though...


May I ask your stats?

User avatar
J Burrito
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am

Re: American U

Postby J Burrito » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Does anyone know if they send out scholarship info with the acceptance letter or if it's sent after?

mps200
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:16 am

Re: American U

Postby mps200 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:12 pm

jbaritot wrote:Does anyone know if they send out scholarship info with the acceptance letter or if it's sent after?


I don't think they send out scholly info with the acceptance packet. Just some pamphlets about externship programs and diversity initiatives.

Also, I applied to the FT program, so I can't speak for the PTers.

User avatar
TWoodWil
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 am

Re: American U

Postby TWoodWil » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:21 pm

jbaritot wrote:Does anyone know if they send out scholarship info with the acceptance letter or if it's sent after?


Sent after acceptance letter. According to their website, you have to had submitted both FAFSA and NeedsAccess before they consider you for any financial aid/scholarships.

User avatar
servinDizzert
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: American U

Postby servinDizzert » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:32 pm

Got denied via snail mail. GPA and LSAT >75%.

One more spot for you guys

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: American U

Postby traehekat » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:45 pm

servinDizzert wrote:Got denied via snail mail. GPA and LSAT >75%.

One more spot for you guys


Wow, I'm sorry! Hopefully rest of your cycle is going/goes well.

Swingandamiss
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:27 am

Re: American U

Postby Swingandamiss » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:14 pm

servinDizzert wrote:Got denied via snail mail. GPA and LSAT >75%.

One more spot for you guys


what day did you go DR if you don't mind? also, sorry about the rejection, good luck the rest of your cycle.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: American U

Postby traehekat » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:39 pm

Oh, and TennisAddict, nice tar. I'm watching the match right now, I dunno if you are a guy or girl but this is one of the best looking matches I have ever seen, and I'm not talking about the play.

Do you play/compete at all?

User avatar
TennisAddict
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: American U

Postby TennisAddict » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:58 pm

I'm a girl and I am watching it right now :) Looooove tennis, I was waiting for Australian Open, it's gonna be cool this year :)

User avatar
TennisAddict
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: American U

Postby TennisAddict » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:02 pm

azb wrote:
TennisAddict wrote:Yep, I applied for PT on 12/28, complete around 1/10, decision 1/15. I'm still waiting for it in the mail though...


May I ask your stats?


I don't want to just yet, I want to see what I'll get in the mail on Tuesday first...

User avatar
ATOIsp07
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:53 pm

Re: American U

Postby ATOIsp07 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:17 am

hey guys, random question, what type of job do you guys think top40% at american can get you? mid-sized firm? PI? i've already been admitted and would like your input...

User avatar
servinDizzert
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: American U

Postby servinDizzert » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:28 am

Swingandamiss wrote:
servinDizzert wrote:Got denied via snail mail. GPA and LSAT >75%.

One more spot for you guys


what day did you go DR if you don't mind? also, sorry about the rejection, good luck the rest of your cycle.



Decision made- 1/7

Thanks. I wasn't too heartbroken (I did get into George Mason the day before). I am just puzzled on why I was denied.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: American U

Postby traehekat » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:29 am

ATOIsp07 wrote:hey guys, random question, what type of job do you guys think top40% at american can get you? mid-sized firm? PI? i've already been admitted and would like your input...


I'm not sure how many prospective law students can properly answer this question, I would seek out some current American U students.

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: American U

Postby mhd08 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:59 am

idreamoflawschool09 wrote:1/15 dm still seems to be good news- IN via status checker!!!!:)

edit: in via snail mail. Received 1/16



Should I be nervous that my status checker went from complete to DM on the 15th, but it never changed to admitted like idreamoflawschool09? Sometimes I think TLS makes me more anxious about all this than I should be.

User avatar
J Burrito
Posts: 217
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am

Re: American U

Postby J Burrito » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:07 am

mhd08 wrote:
idreamoflawschool09 wrote:1/15 dm still seems to be good news- IN via status checker!!!!:)

edit: in via snail mail. Received 1/16



Should I be nervous that my status checker went from complete to DM on the 15th, but it never changed to admitted like idreamoflawschool09? Sometimes I think TLS makes me more anxious about all this than I should be.


I was admitted this last week via snail mail and my status checker only changed to DM, not admitted. I wouldn't worry about it. :D

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: American U

Postby mhd08 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:14 am

jbaritot wrote:
mhd08 wrote:
idreamoflawschool09 wrote:1/15 dm still seems to be good news- IN via status checker!!!!:)

edit: in via snail mail. Received 1/16



Should I be nervous that my status checker went from complete to DM on the 15th, but it never changed to admitted like idreamoflawschool09? Sometimes I think TLS makes me more anxious about all this than I should be.


I was admitted this last week via snail mail and my status checker only changed to DM, not admitted. I wouldn't worry about it. :D



Thanks!!

idreamoflawschool09
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: American U

Postby idreamoflawschool09 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:52 am

mhd08 wrote:
jbaritot wrote:
mhd08 wrote:
idreamoflawschool09 wrote:1/15 dm still seems to be good news- IN via status checker!!!!:)

edit: in via snail mail. Received 1/16



Should I be nervous that my status checker went from complete to DM on the 15th, but it never changed to admitted like idreamoflawschool09? Sometimes I think TLS makes me more anxious about all this than I should be.


I was admitted this last week via snail mail and my status checker only changed to DM, not admitted. I wouldn't worry about it. :D



Thanks!!



My status checker never changed- in my excitement I mistyped! No
worries, sure you are fine!

sweetalchemy
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:01 pm

Re: American U

Postby sweetalchemy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:59 pm

Would any of the people denied above the 75% LSAT/GPA mind sharing their stats?

American's YP-ing freaks me out a little.

User avatar
fonzerelli
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:00 pm

Re: American U

Postby fonzerelli » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:10 pm

Just noticed per http://www.wcl.american.edu/admiss/profile.cfm that American had 7649 full time applications last year.

That's rather high, isn't it? WCL is attractive to me given their programs/location etc, but who can explain this high application figure?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 88234, AZnative, Baidu [Spider], bleakchimera2, bolshansky, Chipotle85, CHyde, cjar819, genjustice, Google Adsense [Bot], lawschool2016nyc, Long shot hero, longsh0305, mm2368, mse2020, pandaaa, potterotter, TakeItToTrial, TecumsehSherman, VapidP, yyymmm, zubizu100 and 53 guests