American U Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jjinva

New

Re: American U

Post by jjinva » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:13 am

Sias wrote:
jjinva wrote:Were the people that got offered PT slots instead of FT over 160 on the LSHAT?
I was
Thanks. Why won't they just send me a rejection letter already then! Ultimately would make my life easier....I don't have the nerve to pull myself off the WL. If they did it for me, I could move on to whatever life has in store. I've always been interested in being a cadaver model for med students! ;)

ecs32

New

Post by ecs32 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:07 am

Sias wrote:
jjinva wrote:Were the people that got offered PT slots instead of FT over 160 on the LSHAT?
I was

+1

msh342

New

Post by msh342 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:54 pm

ecs32 wrote:
Sias wrote:
I was

+1
Me too. How big is the PT class? I like how you can switch to FT after a semester.

WMCowgirl

New

Post by WMCowgirl » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:23 am

I took off work today so I can go visit American. I am really excited to see the campus :)!!!

Snowdrifter

New

Post by Snowdrifter » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:49 pm

For the PT program - do you make up the time over your 1L summer if you're trying to transfer? Just curious.

I'm on the waitlist for full-time currently at AU and a few other schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cruzgator

New

Post by cruzgator » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:10 pm

You have to make up your time during 1L and then you can join full-time 2L, but i believe you have to go to summer school again during 2L.

Sias

Bronze

Post by Sias » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:32 am

Anyone living in Boston who's planning to attend want to meet for a drink one of these days?

Scarletlady

New

Post by Scarletlady » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:58 am

Snowdrifter wrote:For the PT program - do you make up the time over your 1L summer if you're trying to transfer? Just curious.

I'm on the waitlist for full-time currently at AU and a few other schools.
It takes two summers of classes even if switch PT to FT at AU. They have the lightest semester credit-load of any PT program in DC (19 credits). I have heard of PTers doing a summer abroad as a way to catch-up on credits quickly (programs are typically 6 credits).

From the AU site:
If you wish to accelerate the program to graduate in fewer than four years, you may transfer to full time status during the fall semester of the second year. This action requires the written permission of the dean of students and is only approved with the understanding that you complete the second year required courses in the evening section. However, you are permitted to enroll in elective courses such that the total number of enrolled hours is at least twelve, which is the minimum for full time status. To graduate within three years, you must complete two summer sessions. Summer classes are offered during the evening only. You may also opt to participate in a summer study abroad program. Any student contemplating such changes in division must conform with ABA and Washington College of Law residency requirements as set out in a special policy statement available from the dean of students.

Rhaylaw2013

New

Post by Rhaylaw2013 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:25 am

Any recent activitiy from AUWCL?? Has anyone been plucked off the waiting list recently (FT or PT?)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tcordier

New

Post by tcordier » Wed May 05, 2010 6:12 pm

Just accepted into PT, will attend and switch to full time assuming I don't get into Minnesota or Fordham, or...get a job offer I can't refuse. Has anyone heard anything about the logistics of being an evening person? And just how bad is rent for starving students?

mufyani

New

Post by mufyani » Thu May 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Anyone been accepted for the FT program off the waitlist? I have a feeling AU is only pulling ppl from the waitlist for the PT program. I hate this numbers/rankings game.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Thu May 06, 2010 12:44 pm

Not sure what you mean by numbers/rankings game, but it appears that AU is only pulling people with 160+ LSAT scores. Of course they could be pulling tons of people with numbers lower than that, as TLS is not representative of the entire applicant pool, but I still think with the drop in "ranking" AU might be less compelled to take people with a 158 or something like that. Sucks. Thats the effect this stupid magazine has.

changeitup

New

Post by changeitup » Thu May 06, 2010 1:18 pm

mufyani wrote:Anyone been accepted for the FT program off the waitlist? I have a feeling AU is only pulling ppl from the waitlist for the PT program. I hate this numbers/rankings game.
I just got accepted for the FT program off of the waitlist on Tuesday

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LKing

New

Post by LKing » Thu May 06, 2010 1:58 pm

changeitup wrote:
mufyani wrote:Anyone been accepted for the FT program off the waitlist? I have a feeling AU is only pulling ppl from the waitlist for the PT program. I hate this numbers/rankings game.
I just got accepted for the FT program off of the waitlist on Tuesday

Did you accept the offer?? If not - then why stay on the waitlist??

fj86

New

Post by fj86 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:10 pm

So any movement? I've sent in another LOCI, but I'm starting to lose hope. Any chance they're waiting for the second seat deposits to be submitted before taking more people off the wait list?

And speaking of second seat deposits, if you pay a second seat deposit at another school it still doesn't you mean you have to attend, right? Or will I have to take myself off the wait list at AU?

Bailarina08

New

Post by Bailarina08 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:24 pm

I got an email from Laura asking if I was still interested. I called and told her I was, so they offered me a spot. I've always wanted to go to WCL because of the international law program! Now I just have to figure out WCL vs. Fordham, since I might have a cheap place to live in NYC, which would make it way cheaper than WCL, and have family there too. 24 hours to decide. YIKES!

fj86

New

Post by fj86 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:27 pm

Bailarina08 wrote:I got an email from Laura asking if I was still interested. I called and told her I was, so they offered me a spot. I've always wanted to go to WCL because of the international law program! Now I just have to figure out WCL vs. Fordham, since I might have a cheap place to live in NYC, which would make it way cheaper than WCL, and have family there too. 24 hours to decide. YIKES!
Congrats! Were you offered a spot for PT of FT?

Also, do you mind sharing your numbers?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bailarina08

New

Post by Bailarina08 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:31 pm

FT. 167/3.38.

fj86

New

Post by fj86 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:36 pm

Awesome, and congrats again.

I don't know what chance I stand with a 160/3.1.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Wed May 12, 2010 4:29 pm

FJ, Im in the same boat as yours. Albiet with lower LSAT and higher GPA. It seems as if though AU is taking people with high numbers, particularly LSAT scores. A consequence of the "rankings", maybe. Nevertheless, Im going to stay on and keep showing my interest. Do the same FJ.

NaiveHope

New

Post by NaiveHope » Wed May 12, 2010 5:45 pm

I've been on the waitlist since Jan 21. I put a deposit down at another program but I'm still holding out for American!!!!!!!!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

WMCowgirl

New

Post by WMCowgirl » Wed May 12, 2010 6:46 pm

NaiveHope wrote:I've been on the waitlist since Jan 21. I put a deposit down at another program but I'm still holding out for American!!!!!!!!!!
Me too! I may be delusional, but I am holding on to hope that we will all get nice phone calls starting in July! If not, then at least I won't lose my $750 deposit to the University of Maryland!

NaiveHope

New

Post by NaiveHope » Thu May 13, 2010 3:18 am

Do you think we will hear anything by the end of the week? We know at least they have started to pull off FT waiting list.

gdane

Diamond

Post by gdane » Thu May 13, 2010 12:32 pm

No way to know anything. Just wait it out. Could happen at any time.

Good luck!

Bailarina08

New

Post by Bailarina08 » Thu May 13, 2010 4:39 pm

Decided at the last minute not to deposit. Hope the spot goes to one of you! (Especially you Gdane!)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”