In at Denver

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
monicaggon
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: In at Denver

Postby monicaggon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:54 pm

I went decision processed as well, here's hoping for an acceptance!

wswalt
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: In at Denver

Postby wswalt » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:51 pm

Hey I just wanted to give everyone who is stressing about receiving an email a bit of hope. My status changed to decision processed on Feb. 3rd and I just barely received the accepted email today. So the whole 24 hour email idea doesn't seem to hold. Good luck everyone!!

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: In at Denver

Postby mhd08 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:10 pm

wswalt wrote:Hey I just wanted to give everyone who is stressing about receiving an email a bit of hope. My status changed to decision processed on Feb. 3rd and I just barely received the accepted email today. So the whole 24 hour email idea doesn't seem to hold. Good luck everyone!!


Thanks! I'm not stressing anymore because I also just got my acceptance e-mail!!!!!!! So freaking excited!!!!!!

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: In at Denver

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:30 pm

Do they send scholarship information later in the actual mailed package? (Yes, accepted :))

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: In at Denver

Postby mhd08 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:38 pm

84Sunbird2000 wrote:Do they send scholarship information later in the actual mailed package? (Yes, accepted :))


From what I've seen on here, they send out a scholarship e-mail the same day you get the acceptance e-mail. But after not receiving the acceptance e-mail the day after my status changed, I wouldn't count on that. I haven't received anything yet, but I'm keeping an eye on my e-mail.

monicaggon
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: In at Denver

Postby monicaggon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:40 pm

84Sunbird2000 wrote:Do they send scholarship information later in the actual mailed package? (Yes, accepted :))


So you went DP yesterday and got your e-mail today?

WOW, I am going to be a wreck until I get an answer...

OH- AND CONGRATULATIONS!

User avatar
Bluesickle
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:56 am

Re: In at Denver

Postby Bluesickle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:58 pm

Congrats to all on their recent news!

I'm pretty set on UD at this point and am excited to begin law school in the fall.

What eventually sold me on Denver was the JD/MA in International Security. The Korbel School outranks Yale and MIT at the moment and only requires 45 quarter credits (half the typical 90) to complete the program when the student is simultaneously pursuing a JD. On top of that, the JD is cut from 90 to 80 semester credits.

I'm just curious if anyone else is considering, has applied for, or intends to pursue a dual-degree?

User avatar
Midnight Rider
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: In at Denver

Postby Midnight Rider » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:04 pm

mhd08 wrote:Thanks! I'm not stressing anymore because I also just got my acceptance e-mail!!!!!!! So freaking excited!!!!!!


M, I'm in too. Holler if you wind up enrolling. I think I'll know within a couple of days of scholarship notification. A full ride or close to it would seal the deal and that $22k would make it hard to turn down.

Bluesickle wrote:I'm just curious if anyone else is considering, has applied for, or intends to pursue a dual-degree?


I would love to do it, and yours looks pretty awesome, but I think I'll probably just go back to school later. I'm going to be on loans and need to get out of there on time with the JD. I've got a Masters from my old career, but I want another one or a PhD at some point.

whiskey
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:11 am

Re: In at Denver

Postby whiskey » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:03 pm

That international security MA program looks great. Thats def something that i want to look into. It would probably help in getting picked up by the FBI or some other government organization. Are any of you newly admitted students planning on attending the ASD? I spoke with the admin running it and she said that they are not doing any travel reimbursement but that they have a block of hotel rooms booked for $99 a night. Congrats to everyone.

User avatar
Midnight Rider
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: In at Denver

Postby Midnight Rider » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:09 pm

whiskey wrote:That international security MA program looks great. Thats def something that i want to look into. It would probably help in getting picked up by the FBI or some other government organization. Are any of you newly admitted students planning on attending the ASD? I spoke with the admin running it and she said that they are not doing any travel reimbursement but that they have a block of hotel rooms booked for $99 a night. Congrats to everyone.


Meh...that's discouraging. Not sure that $99/night is all that swinging of a rate in the South part of the city (true?). I think I paid $120/night for the Comfort Inn downtown last May for a couple of nights and that was in a great area, then paid something close for a midrise chain hotel in Glendale. Voucher = Visit, otherwise, I prob. can't swing this one. Disappointing, especially for people who would love to kick the tires once before buying the whole thing.

monicaggon
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: In at Denver

Postby monicaggon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:55 pm

NO email yet... :(

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: In at Denver

Postby mhd08 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:25 pm

Does anyone know when ASD is?

scionb4
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon May 26, 2008 8:57 am

Re: In at Denver

Postby scionb4 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:55 pm

It's looking more and more like this is where I'll end up. Well, it could be worse, right!

UAKAVA
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: In at Denver

Postby UAKAVA » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:03 pm

For some reason my status never changed from complete, I just randomly got an acceptance email this morning (my status checker now says decision rendered as of about 2 hours ago). Don't know if that helps anyone who is stressing out about this though.

User avatar
Midnight Rider
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: In at Denver

Postby Midnight Rider » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:50 pm

Matthies wrote:I used to leave my house at 7:30AM get to Keystone for first chair up at 8:30 ski till lunch, have lunch and be back before 1:30PM same day.


Ok, so lets get down to brass tacks here...I am from a big city. I like the hustle and bustle and variety. I also like that in my big city I have a 10 minute commute and can walk to dinner or happy hour. I would like to be able to walk to campus, but is the university neighborhood worth the convenience? I really liked downtown Denver and certain parts reminded me of home. Is there a prevailing trend for 0Ls as far as housing? Any place better than others for access to abovementioned schuss-ing locations?

User avatar
JTX
Posts: 280
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:23 pm

Re: In at Denver

Postby JTX » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:19 pm

Midnight Rider wrote:
whiskey wrote:That international security MA program looks great. Thats def something that i want to look into. It would probably help in getting picked up by the FBI or some other government organization. Are any of you newly admitted students planning on attending the ASD? I spoke with the admin running it and she said that they are not doing any travel reimbursement but that they have a block of hotel rooms booked for $99 a night. Congrats to everyone.


Meh...that's discouraging. Not sure that $99/night is all that swinging of a rate in the South part of the city (true?). I think I paid $120/night for the Comfort Inn downtown last May for a couple of nights and that was in a great area, then paid something close for a midrise chain hotel in Glendale. Voucher = Visit, otherwise, I prob. can't swing this one. Disappointing, especially for people who would love to kick the tires once before buying the whole thing.


M.R.- your last post kinda got after what you're looking for-- [hustle and bustle, 10 minute commute, walk to dinner or happy hour, walk to campus, downtown Denver]

DU's got a light rail or bus stop that plugs into campus about 20 ft away from the law building... it seems to be an efficient system. i think if you stick to the light rail accessible areas, you will not be too unhappy with your commute in any direction. plus the bus system seems decent.
Last edited by JTX on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawlec48
Posts: 139
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:03 pm

Re: In at Denver

Postby lawlec48 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:34 am

whiskey wrote: Are any of you newly admitted students planning on attending the ASD?


I will be attending ASD on April 2nd and I'm extremely excited to see the campus and visit Denver as a possible transplant versus just a weekend visit. I'm currently having a difficult time deciding between the sun and fun of Florida (Stetson) and Denver.

thinkinoutloud
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:49 pm

Re: In at Denver

Postby thinkinoutloud » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:01 am

I will also be attending ASD. I made the decision this weekend that DU is my final choice. Look forward to meeting some of you.

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: In at Denver

Postby mhd08 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:31 pm

For anyone who was admitted last week: have you received scholarship info? I received my packet via snail mail today and I thought there would've been scholarship info included, but no such luck. Unfortunately, Denver isn't really an option for me without $$.

monicaggon
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:58 pm

Re: In at Denver

Postby monicaggon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:37 pm

Im IN!!!!!

I went decision processed 2/10, received email today!!!!

whiskey
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:11 am

Re: In at Denver

Postby whiskey » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:35 pm

Congrats monicaggon. I just RSVP for the ASD. See you all there.

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: In at Denver

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:53 pm

I got my admittance package today. However, there was no scholarship info or dollar total included.

I called up the admissions office to ask about when to expect scholarships, and they said...basically...they've run out of scholarship money, and that scholly info is usually included with the admissions package. By inquiring, though, they said they'd run it by the review committee again and see if any more money has opened up. So, sadly, that should answer your question, MHD08.

User avatar
mhd08
Posts: 318
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:42 am

Re: In at Denver

Postby mhd08 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:02 pm

84Sunbird2000 wrote:I got my admittance package today. However, there was no scholarship info or dollar total included.

I called up the admissions office to ask about when to expect scholarships, and they said...basically...they've run out of scholarship money, and that scholly info is usually included with the admissions package. By inquiring, though, they said they'd run it by the review committee again and see if any more money has opened up. So, sadly, that should answer your question, MHD08.


:( That really breaks my heart... I thought I would for sure get some money with my stats (161, 3.39). Maybe I should call and ask them to have the review committee take another look.

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: In at Denver

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:04 pm

mhd08 wrote:
84Sunbird2000 wrote:I got my admittance package today. However, there was no scholarship info or dollar total included.

I called up the admissions office to ask about when to expect scholarships, and they said...basically...they've run out of scholarship money, and that scholly info is usually included with the admissions package. By inquiring, though, they said they'd run it by the review committee again and see if any more money has opened up. So, sadly, that should answer your question, MHD08.


:( That really breaks my heart... I thought I would for sure get some money with my stats (161, 3.39). Maybe I should call and ask them to have the review committee take another look.


I'd say do it - they said that specifically because I inquired about it, they would take another look.

User avatar
Midnight Rider
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: In at Denver

Postby Midnight Rider » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:50 pm

mhd08 wrote:For anyone who was admitted last week: have you received scholarship info? I received my packet via snail mail today and I thought there would've been scholarship info included, but no such luck. Unfortunately, Denver isn't really an option for me without $$.


This. M you're like my soul sister. East coast, in but no money with a competitive LSAT. I hope I'll get the snail mail today when I get home and then I'll update. I'm planning on taking a visit and DU is locked in as my choice if I got some money, so I am hoping they can open up their hearts and wallets to this guy.

I'm emailing today to see if they can recommend an alternate earlier date besides 4/2 and will also ask about schollys. Here's to hoping for some good news.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ashrice13, Baidu [Spider], Google Adsense [Bot] and 7 guests