In at Denver Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawlec48

Bronze

Re: In at Denver

Post by lawlec48 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:49 pm

mhd08 wrote:I just got the e-mail about the Open House with the schedule. Can't wait!! Can we get a count of who else on here will be attending? I would love to meet you guys! I'm from NJ so hopefully my visit to Denver will convince me to move across the country.
I looked back through the past four or five pages, and here is a list of who it looks like said they were going to be at ASD.

mhd08
lawlec48
cassandrakirsch
izzle b
thinkinoutloud
midnight rider
whiskey

KidCharlemagne

New

Post by KidCharlemagne » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:35 pm

Hey all!

Just wanted to thank everyone for the useful information in this thread. I got accepted at DU via e-mail on 2/16 and couldn't be more psyched. I had a great experience visiting DU in November. Reading much of what you guys have written here has really convinced me that this is an excellent school.

Housing question: does anybody know anything about the University Lofts apartments? They seem to be in a great location - right across the street from campus. Rent is pretty steep though.

lawlec48

Bronze

Post by lawlec48 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:49 pm

About a week ago, I received a mailing from DU for their Summer Preview 2010. I was wondering if anyone has an opinion upon the preview whether anyone is considering it or thinks it would be helpful?

wswalt

New

Post by wswalt » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm sure this has been covered already, but I am wondering if Denver offers any kind of travel stipends or reimbursements? Anyone have any info on this?

lawgirl99

Bronze

Post by lawgirl99 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:44 pm

As far as I know, they do not offer travel stipends.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawgirl99

Bronze

Post by lawgirl99 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:45 pm

lawlec48 wrote:
mhd08 wrote:I just got the e-mail about the Open House with the schedule. Can't wait!! Can we get a count of who else on here will be attending? I would love to meet you guys! I'm from NJ so hopefully my visit to Denver will convince me to move across the country.
I looked back through the past four or five pages, and here is a list of who it looks like said they were going to be at ASD.

mhd08
lawlec48
cassandrakirsch
izzle b
thinkinoutloud
midnight rider
whiskey
I just visited DU and the surrounding areas over the weekend. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. Although most of you will be visiting the school in a few weeks! Good luck!

Also, what are people planning on doing for housing? I want to live off-campus but I am also moving from out of state.

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:42 pm

I received an acceptance email a couple of days ago, and received a big packet in the mail today. It didn't mention any scholarship of any kind, but it did include a financial aid letter that said something about $20,000 in Stafford loans and $33,000 in Grad PLUS loans. I couldn't tell if it was specific or a form letter. I just received an email from FAFSA today saying the received my signed application, so I know they didn't have my FAFSA data when sending that.

Does this mean they are not offering a scholarship? Has anyone received scholarship info that was accepted in the past week or two? Thanks.

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:51 pm

lawgirl99 wrote:
I just visited DU and the surrounding areas over the weekend. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. Although most of you will be visiting the school in a few weeks! Good luck!

Also, what are people planning on doing for housing? I want to live off-campus but I am also moving from out of state.
How did you like the school and surrounding areas? I guess that's a stupid question since you're asking about housing... I'm curious to see the campus and the actual facilities. I'd like to live off-campus, but either within walking distance to the school or very close to the light rail. I've heard Platt Park, Wash Park, Capital Hill, and University Park are pretty popular areas for students.

lawgirl99

Bronze

Post by lawgirl99 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:36 pm

mhd08 wrote:
lawgirl99 wrote:

How did you like the school and surrounding areas? I guess that's a stupid question since you're asking about housing... I'm curious to see the campus and the actual facilities. I'd like to live off-campus, but either within walking distance to the school or very close to the light rail. I've heard Platt Park, Wash Park, Capital Hill, and University Park are pretty popular areas for students.

Well the school was gorgeous. They just had a snowstorm last week so it snowed a bit while I was there and there was still snow on the ground. The law building is pristine. Practically brand new. They also have a state of the art fitness center called the Ritchie Center. It has a rock climbing wall, olympic size pool, basketball court/hokey rink, etc.

The area around the school is not a bad neigborhood but it is a little bit older. I checked out a few of the on-campus housing buildings. They were decent but nothing spectacular.

I prefer to live around Wash Park, Capitol Hill, Platt Park or DT. I checked out Washington Park and really liked the area. Now I just have to figure out how to find an apartment/roommates!

The calendar for 2010/2011 is now up. Orientation starts on August 9th. I'm going to try to move in the beginning of August.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:36 am

lawgirl99 wrote:
mhd08 wrote:
lawgirl99 wrote:

Well the school was gorgeous. They just had a snowstorm last week so it snowed a bit while I was there and there was still snow on the ground. The law building is pristine. Practically brand new. They also have a state of the art fitness center called the Ritchie Center. It has a rock climbing wall, olympic size pool, basketball court/hokey rink, etc.

The area around the school is not a bad neigborhood but it is a little bit older. I checked out a few of the on-campus housing buildings. They were decent but nothing spectacular.

I prefer to live around Wash Park, Capitol Hill, Platt Park or DT. I checked out Washington Park and really liked the area. Now I just have to figure out how to find an apartment/roommates!

The calendar for 2010/2011 is now up. Orientation starts on August 9th. I'm going to try to move in the beginning of August.
Wow, you have me really excited for the open house! Well if I love it as much as you did I'll also be looking for housing and a roommate. Potential roommate match?! haha

Xanadu

New

Post by Xanadu » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:52 am

I'll be visiting the school on April 2nd. I'd love to meet up with some TLS'ers. Just let me know!

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:06 am

Xanadu wrote:I'll be visiting the school on April 2nd. I'd love to meet up with some TLS'ers. Just let me know!
I'd also like to meet up... can a local recommend a good bar or restaurant near the school?

Izzle13

New

Post by Izzle13 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:13 am

mhd08 wrote:
Xanadu wrote:I'll be visiting the school on April 2nd. I'd love to meet up with some TLS'ers. Just let me know!
I'd also like to meet up... can a local recommend a good bar or restaurant near the school?
I would like to meet up as well, any Denverites on TLS who can suggest anything?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

whiskey

New

Post by whiskey » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:06 am

Izzle13 wrote:
mhd08 wrote:
I would like to meet up as well, any Denverites on TLS who can suggest anything?
throw my hat into the ring, i wouldn't mind meeting you all.

Miznitic

Bronze

Post by Miznitic » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:18 am

In.

Denver is at the top of my list as it is close to where I am, and where I intend to practice.

wswalt

New

Post by wswalt » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:27 pm

For you out of staters who are flying to Denver this weekend are you planning on renting a car or just taking a shuttle? I'm only going to be in denver for about 36 hours, but I might want to drive around and check out some of the different areas of Denver.

jbreiden

New

Post by jbreiden » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:54 pm

Izzle13 wrote:
mhd08 wrote:
If you want something real close there is a good sports bar/restaurant called spanky's roadhouse that is literally right off campus on Evans (prolly 400 yards west of the law building).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Izzle13

New

Post by Izzle13 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:04 pm

whiskey wrote:
Izzle13 wrote:
mhd08 wrote:
throw my hat into the ring, i wouldn't mind meeting you all.
Is anyone else staying at The Burnsley? Wouldn't mind something within walking distance...

JTX

Bronze

Post by JTX » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:41 pm

x
Last edited by JTX on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:35 am

jbreiden wrote:
Izzle13 wrote:
mhd08 wrote:
If you want something real close there is a good sports bar/restaurant called spanky's roadhouse that is literally right off campus on Evans (prolly 400 yards west of the law building).
Sounds good to me... does everyone just want to head there right after the open house?

quickquestionthanks

Silver

Post by quickquestionthanks » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:06 am

Scholarship info? Anyone?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

whiskey

New

Post by whiskey » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:45 am

Xanadu wrote:
Sounds good to me... does everyone just want to head there right after the open house?[/quote]

I'm Down to hit up Spanky's.

lawlec48

Bronze

Post by lawlec48 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:08 pm

whiskey wrote:
Xanadu wrote:
Sounds good to me... does everyone just want to head there right after the open house?
I'm Down to hit up Spanky's.[/quote]

Sounds like a plan!!! Can't wait to meet everyone and check out DU!

Izzle13

New

Post by Izzle13 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:12 pm

whiskey wrote:
Xanadu wrote:
I'm Down to hit up Spanky's.[/quote]

Spanky's it is!

ace_n_the_hole

New

Post by ace_n_the_hole » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:31 pm

Hit by the old wait list today, really thought I was in at Denver. The email about the wait list didn't sound very promising, but w/e. Good luck to all of you next fall!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”