IN AT COLUMBIA LAW SCHOOL!!!!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Sogui

Silver

Re: IN AT COLUMBIA LAW SCHOOL!!!!!!

Post by Sogui » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:24 am

Congrats to everyone, though I wish you guys would post complete dates so I don't have to click through 10 different LSN profiles to find out how far they've gotten through RD applications.

DallasCowboy

Silver

Post by DallasCowboy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:26 am

try sorting LSN by decision date; it's what I do

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:38 am

Last edited by Amelie on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

nixxers

Bronze

Post by nixxers » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:00 pm

Just got the admitted students package...it's a lot nicer than the initial ugly envelope haha. I have a Thursday seminar I can't really miss, so I'm not going to either of the admit weekends. I'm going up to NYC the last weekend in Feb though (2/26-2/28) to look at CLS and NYU...PM if you'll be there and want to meet up!

londoncalling

New

Post by londoncalling » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:59 pm

Yay, in!! Hope to see you all there!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

irie

Bronze

Post by irie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:15 pm

londoncalling wrote:Yay, in!! Hope to see you all there!
welcome and congrats!!

babaghanouj

Bronze

Post by babaghanouj » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:27 pm

Wow, joining the fbook group was so anticlimactic... no posts, no discussions, etc. C'mon people, get excited--we're going to CLS! :D

charlym

New

Post by charlym » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:37 pm

Hey babaghanouj!
Is CLS your first choice? I see from LSN you got in to all of CC&N, Congrats!
Is the babaghanouj your thing, I can't stand it! I'm more of a hommos guy :wink:
babaghanouj wrote:Wow, joining the fbook group was so anticlimactic... no posts, no discussions, etc. C'mon people, get excited--we're going to CLS! :D

babaghanouj

Bronze

Post by babaghanouj » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:01 pm

charlym wrote:Hey babaghanouj!
Is CLS your first choice? I see from LSN you got in to all of CC&N, Congrats!
Is the babaghanouj your thing, I can't stand it! I'm more of a hommos guy :wink:
Yep, CLS is my first choice by far...pretty sure now that I'll end up there. And yeah, I actually prefer hommos too, but babaghanouj sounded like a better name... :oops:

انت من لبنان, صح؟ بيروت؟

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

brennanlives

New

Post by brennanlives » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:09 pm

congrats everyone!! so excited!

question for you guys who are in at columbia/NYU - are any of you doing the april ASWs? columbia's awkwardly falls on the 7/8 and NYU's is the 8/9, and since i'm from TX i was going to try to do both that same week, but i feel like i'd be missing a lot of important stuff if i skipped part of either! thoughts?!

Sogui

Silver

Post by Sogui » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:30 pm

Sogui wrote:Congrats to everyone, though I wish you guys would post complete dates so I don't have to click through 10 different LSN profiles to find out how far they've gotten through RD applications.
Wow this post feels like weeks old now.

I found out on the 30th that I got in, big ol' ugly packet jutting out of my mailbox! On my birthday nonetheless!

So I'll post my dates so I'm not a hypocrite:

Complete 12/23
Acceptance postmarked 1/26

irie

Bronze

Post by irie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:43 pm

brennanlives wrote:congrats everyone!! so excited!

question for you guys who are in at columbia/NYU - are any of you doing the april ASWs? columbia's awkwardly falls on the 7/8 and NYU's is the 8/9, and since i'm from TX i was going to try to do both that same week, but i feel like i'd be missing a lot of important stuff if i skipped part of either! thoughts?!
i live in manhattan and im probably not gonna attend both days of columbia's asw just cuz id rather use my work vacation days for... well, vacation.

don't sweat it, i know plenty of people who never went to asw and got along just fine, there's really nothing going on at an asw that's important enough to stress about.

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:14 am

I'm attending different Columbia and NYU ASWs, but only because I have the time, and I have no idea which school I prefer. I'm sure it's completely fine to combine them (especially if you know which school you lean towards).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

of Benito Cereno

Silver

Post by of Benito Cereno » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:41 pm

is there a binder? I want a binder. Dinged by Yale and need a binder or at least something more than that sucky folder (note: I am currently eating a cookie so that's a small comfort).

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:44 pm

There is a binder, and we should receive it soon.

brennanlives

New

Post by brennanlives » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:00 pm

lsathalon wrote:

I'm attending different Columbia and NYU ASWs, but only because I have the time, and I have no idea which school I prefer. I'm sure it's completely fine to combine them (especially if you know which school you lean towards).
great, yeah, that's what i am hoping! i know the ASW stuff can be a little overrated (especially since i ended up at a university whose ASW i absolutely hated!) but i really want to get a feel of how these law schools differ--and how they're the same.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:18 am

lsathalon wrote:There is a binder, and we should receive it soon.
I got the binder.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

clyde_barrow

New

Post by clyde_barrow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:57 pm

managamy wrote:
I got the binder.
+1. i like it

lz06

Bronze

Post by lz06 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:47 pm

Not sure if the itinerary has been released, but is it all day Wednesday and Thursday or is one day shorter? I haven't been accepted yet but I can only make one trip up to NYC so I'm trying to plan in accordance to NYU's ASW just in case.

irie

Bronze

Post by irie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:09 pm

lz06 wrote:

Not sure if the itinerary has been released, but is it all day Wednesday and Thursday or is one day shorter? I haven't been accepted yet but I can only make one trip up to NYC so I'm trying to plan in accordance to NYU's ASW just in case.
all day, both days.

brennanlives

New

Post by brennanlives » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:19 pm

irie wrote:
lz06 wrote:

all day, both days.
From what I've read, the NYU ASW registration goes until the afternoon on Thursday.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

coollegemex

Bronze

Post by coollegemex » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:40 pm

so this has been stated before I'm sure, but CLS does not fly us out? Not even the Hamilton kids?

irie

Bronze

Post by irie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:53 pm

coollegemex wrote:so this has been stated before I'm sure, but CLS does not fly us out? Not even the Hamilton kids?
i think u get reimbursed up to $200, but that's as far as they go.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:07 pm

irie wrote:
coollegemex wrote:so this has been stated before I'm sure, but CLS does not fly us out? Not even the Hamilton kids?
i think u get reimbursed up to $200, but that's as far as they go.
You have to fill out a financial need request, and have it approved before the ASW you choose to attend. Email admit@law.columbia.edu and ask for their travel assistance request form.

I have a hunch they'll approve it for Hamilton folks.

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:47 pm

clyde_barrow wrote:
managamy wrote:
I got the binder.
+1. i like it
+2. Its beautiful and glossy... I wish H still gave out something like it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”