IN AT COLUMBIA LAW SCHOOL!!!!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hoopsguy6

Bronze

Re: IN AT COLUMBIA LAW SCHOOL!!!!!!

Post by hoopsguy6 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:59 am

Just deposited tonight!

parker09

Bronze

Post by parker09 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:11 am

CG614 wrote: Just set mine up too. Do you know if we can change our e-mail address or create an alt?
I have no idea... I feel like I read somewhere on TLS recently that you can't ever change your UNI/email. I'm not loving the string of random numbers either... boo :evil:

Man, life is soooo hard :P

CG614

Silver

Post by CG614 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:44 am

parker09 wrote:
CG614 wrote: Just set mine up too. Do you know if we can change our e-mail address or create an alt?
I have no idea... I feel like I read somewhere on TLS recently that you can't ever change your UNI/email. I'm not loving the string of random numbers either... boo :evil:

Very true, we have to endure such injustice... :wink:

andreea7

Bronze

Post by andreea7 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:46 am

parker09 wrote:

Yep, that's it, one UNI/email forever and ever

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:41 am

parker09 wrote:

bummer, I was wondering about this since I don't like my UNI. my UG let us change them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bloodonthetracks

Bronze

Post by bloodonthetracks » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:04 am

how long does it take to get your email address after depositing? on a related note, i deposited last night.

irie

Bronze

Post by irie » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:13 am

blue5385 wrote:
parker09 wrote:

bummer, I was wondering about this since I don't like my UNI. my UG let us change them.

how many digits do you guys have? i have 4 digits trailing behind my initials for my UNI... apparently 2,506 people with the same initials attended columbia before I did.... :x :evil: :evil: :?

georgina

Bronze

Post by georgina » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:15 am

not that i feel entitled to any merit aid disguised as finaid, but i can't help feeling a little disappointed/bitter cls wouldn't give me anything, even after appeal and mention of aid elsewhere.

can someone who got grants and thinks it absolutely cannot have been fin aid pm me?

thanks! and columbia called my bluff, anyway, so i'll see you all in the fall!

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:24 am

irie wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
parker09 wrote:

how many digits do you guys have? i have 4 digits trailing behind my initials for my UNI... apparently 2,506 people with the same initials attended columbia before I did.... :x :evil: :evil: :?
I have 4 also, it must be standard. I was surprised that my UNI @columbia.edu was my email address instead of first-last name @columbia.edu...it looks awkward written down. luckily my initials don't spell anything weird.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

babaghanouj

Bronze

Post by babaghanouj » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:58 am

I'm pretty sure we will get the option of using another address that looks like this: firstname.lastname@law.columbia.edu

The account will be the same as the one w/ the string of numbers, just with a better address.

of Benito Cereno

Silver

Post by of Benito Cereno » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:34 pm

has anyone who deposited last thursday been able to set up their email address?

CG614

Silver

Post by CG614 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:36 pm

Last edited by CG614 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CG614

Silver

Post by CG614 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:36 pm

CG614 wrote:
of Benito Cereno wrote:has anyone who deposited last thursday been able to set up their email address?
I deposited last Tuesday and was able to yesterday. I had been giving it a shot once each day.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jasonportwood

New

Post by jasonportwood » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:56 pm

protokurios wrote:
highprofessionalism wrote:
jasonportwood wrote:depositing this week as well... very excited to join the public interest community at CLS!
Woo! Glad there are more public interest people.

I deposited last night too, guys. I met some great PI people there, feel that the myth of NYU as the public interest place has been a self-fulfilling prophecy (which does not need to continue...), and am excited to be a part of the growing Columbia PI community. :D
Count me in too. I'm looking forward to checking out PI opportunities at CLS.
hooray! I agree - I met a number of PI students who had amazing summer internships lined up, the SJI Dean seems fantastic, and one of the Centers hosted an interdisciplinary conference the day after the ASD that was completely engaging. Plus our LRAP is just as good, if not better...

Tofu

Bronze

Post by Tofu » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:57 am

jasonportwood wrote:depositing this week as well... very excited to join the public interest community at CLS!
See you in nyc!
babaghanouj wrote:I'm pretty sure we will get the option of using another address that looks like this: firstname.lastname@law.columbia.edu
Yup! From what I've heard, e-mails sent to your "firstname.lastname@law.columbia.edu" address get forwarded to your UNI e-mail.

Last year, people got these new addresses around June 29: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4#p1789004

The e-mail addresses seemed to start working around July 11: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5#p1829215

And for future reference, the picture you upload to AdmitNet seems to be your ID card picture...
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2#p1850482
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6#p1865486

parker09

Bronze

Post by parker09 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:47 am

Useful stuff, Tofu -- thanks! I'm glad we get a first.last@law.columbia.edu eventually, whew.

Now I get to start obsessing about my admitnet/ID card photo...

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:53 am

parker09 wrote:Useful stuff, Tofu -- thanks! I'm glad we get a first.last@law.columbia.edu eventually, whew.

haha, a new CLS-related obsession, just what I need to take my mind off work. I really want my ID pic to turn out well since I looked really gross on my undergrad ID card for four years. I can't wait to get it though, because I really miss getting student discounts. :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CG614

Silver

Post by CG614 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:05 am

blue5385 wrote:
parker09 wrote:Useful stuff, Tofu -- thanks! I'm glad we get a first.last@law.columbia.edu eventually, whew.

haha, a new CLS-related obsession, just what I need to take my mind off work. I really want my ID pic to turn out well since I looked really gross on my undergrad ID card for four years. I can't wait to get it though, because I really miss getting student discounts. :D
Well, you have full control of that. You upload your own photo through admitnet, which will be used on your ID.

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:18 am

CG614 wrote:
blue5385 wrote:

Well, you have full control of that. You upload your own photo through admitnet, which will be used on your ID.
oh....RC fail on Tofu's post above. :oops: Thanks though, CG!

of Benito Cereno

Silver

Post by of Benito Cereno » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:07 pm

lame, still not showing up in directory. anyways, wondering if anyone saw any of the UAH one-bedrooms. I saw the building at 116th right across from the law school, which is a law school only building. It was really run-down and depressing inside so I figured I'd just get something outside of the university system. However, I'm wondering now if anyone saw UAH buildings/one bedrooms and if they thought the buildings/hallways were nice and if the apartments were nice (any with newly renovated kitchens/bathrooms etc?) I imagine they wouldn't be that nice as the 116th building is slightly more expensive than UAH yet was really tenementesque... I fear I'll just end up having to pay 2500 a month on an UWS one bedroom or lionsgate (which would likely be more like 2700! gasp).

CG614

Silver

Post by CG614 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:45 pm

blue5385 wrote:
CG614 wrote:
blue5385 wrote:

oh....RC fail on Tofu's post above. :oops: Thanks though, CG!
No worries, I thought it was neat that we get to upload our own ID photo. I've had my share of bad ID photos myself! :wink:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chinny123

New

Post by chinny123 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:34 pm

Just deposited! Looking forward to meeting all of you!

KG_CalGuy

Bronze

Post by KG_CalGuy » Mon May 03, 2010 5:45 pm

anybody know if they want a specific format for our ID photo. Do they want a passport style photo or should I put on my sunday best?

of Benito Cereno

Silver

Post by of Benito Cereno » Mon May 03, 2010 5:48 pm

KG_CalGuy wrote:anybody know if they want a specific format for our ID photo. Do they want a passport style photo or should I put on my sunday best?
I imagine they prefer a passport style.
is the admitnet website not working for anyone else?

Alyssa

New

Post by Alyssa » Thu May 06, 2010 1:01 pm

Does anyone know if we get to keep our UNI's from undergrad if we went to Columbia and have been out for a year or two?

I'm not in the directory yet. Any CC grads receive information on their new UNI's?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”