Tulane 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MSUPHL
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:07 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby MSUPHL » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:05 am

totebags wrote:
MSUPHL wrote:after being WLed @ Boulder, and the generous scholly, tulane is looking more and more like where I will be headed. Any other jews in this thread? Their relatively large population is what makes this school intriguing for me.



Jew here! I've been hearing good things about the Jewish pop. at Tulane. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I went complete mid-Dec.


best of luck! I did some browsing of Tulane's hillel and chabad - they look hopping.

User avatar
0 and 16
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:17 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby 0 and 16 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Why are there a lot of jews at Tulane?

User avatar
gatorlion
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby gatorlion » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:29 pm

0 and 16 wrote:Why are there a lot of jews at Tulane?


Wherever social injustices are prevalent, we come to the rescue!

User avatar
azbio
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby azbio » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:43 pm

In today via email! Scholarship info in the mail.

163/3.8, Complete mid December

User avatar
charcop
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:32 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby charcop » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:43 pm

IN via email! :)

This is also when LSP had me at a big fat red "DENY"- fork you LSP!

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:45 pm

0 and 16 wrote:Why are there a lot of jews at Tulane?


i imagine florida's jewish population has a strong showing at tulane

User avatar
gatorlion
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby gatorlion » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:55 pm

charcop wrote:IN via email! :)

This is also when LSP had me at a big fat red "DENY"- fork you LSP!


Numbers? If you are a high LSAT/low GPA splitter, it's no big surprise...

User avatar
Bustang
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby Bustang » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:56 pm

charcop wrote:IN via email! :)

This is also when LSP had me at a big fat red "DENY"- fork you LSP!


Congrats!!

User avatar
gwuorbust
Posts: 2087
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby gwuorbust » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:04 pm

In via email. 163/3.73

MSUPHL
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:07 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby MSUPHL » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:03 pm

0 and 16 wrote:Why are there a lot of jews at Tulane?


i havent the slightest idea to be honest. But i remember when I was very young, maybe 5 years old, I was with my father flipping through the channels. We came to ESPN and Tulane was playing in a football game. I ask, "Daddy, where is Tulane?" He replied, "Its in New Orleans. If you want to go to school in the south, they have alot of Jews there."

victorhugo
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:42 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby victorhugo » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:13 pm

received my acceptance email today as well! 164/3.64

User avatar
0 and 16
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:17 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby 0 and 16 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:08 pm

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/tul ... ewish.html

it remains a mystery to me, but there's good conjecture in the above thread.


http://www.hillel.org/HillelApps/JLOC/C ... cyId=17791

some hard data.

User avatar
hwstewart
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:44 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby hwstewart » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:21 pm

Just got the email today w/ $30,000 scholly! Really pumped and I can't wait to get down to NOLA and take a closer look! Does anyone know about placement in ATL though?

User avatar
totebags
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:45 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby totebags » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:37 pm

You guys are making me anxious! My numbers are right around all of yours. My birthday is tomorrow, maybe they're waiting until then to send me my acceptance email. (J/k. Kind of.)

User avatar
MoS
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:59 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby MoS » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:27 am

hwstewart wrote:Just got the email today w/ $30,000 scholly! Really pumped and I can't wait to get down to NOLA and take a closer look! Does anyone know about placement in ATL though?

Your email had scholarship informations?

User avatar
Lomax
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:40 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby Lomax » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 am

gwuorbust wrote:In via email. 163/3.73


Same here, though with slightly better numbers. No scholarship amount in the e-mail, but that is said to be coming with the packet in the mail.

Has Tulane offered anyone accepted a partially-paid trip to visit the school and New Orleans?

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby superflush » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:33 am

Lomax wrote:Has Tulane offered anyone accepted a partially-paid trip to visit the school and New Orleans?


I think that they do reimbursements for ASD/ASW ... did you get any info about event dates?

User avatar
Lomax
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:40 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby Lomax » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:36 am

superflush wrote:
Lomax wrote:Has Tulane offered anyone accepted a partially-paid trip to visit the school and New Orleans?


I think that they do reimbursements for ASD/ASW ... did you get any info about event dates?


Not in the acceptance e-mail, no. Perhaps I will in the packet.

idksomeone
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby idksomeone » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:35 am

Lomax wrote:
superflush wrote:
Lomax wrote:Has Tulane offered anyone accepted a partially-paid trip to visit the school and New Orleans?


I think that they do reimbursements for ASD/ASW ... did you get any info about event dates?


Not in the acceptance e-mail, no. Perhaps I will in the packet.


the packet & admitted students site have info.. there's three different weekends in march and april... and they'll reimburse up to 300 dollars for airfare and hotel

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby superflush » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:54 am

idksomeone wrote:the packet & admitted students site have info.. there's three different weekends in march and april... and they'll reimburse up to 300 dollars for airfare and hotel


Yea, I thought I remembered the reimbursement being that. Do you have the dates handy to post?

User avatar
Lomax
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:40 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby Lomax » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:57 am

idksomeone wrote:the packet & admitted students site have info.. there's three different weekends in march and april... and they'll reimburse up to 300 dollars for airfare and hotel


Great, thanks! I think I'll take them up on the offer. However, I wish they would do Saturday-Sunday instead of Friday-Saturday. My grades are going to take a pounding from missing class (yes, even just one day of it). Oh well, I suppose it shouldn't matter so much at this point...

superflush wrote:Yea, I thought I remembered the reimbursement being that. Do you have the dates handy to post?


The dates are as follows.

March 12-13
March 26-27
April 9-10

User avatar
Bikeflip
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby Bikeflip » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:09 am

$25,000/yr today. 168/3.87

User avatar
hwstewart
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:44 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby hwstewart » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:23 pm

MoS wrote:
hwstewart wrote:Just got the email today w/ $30,000 scholly! Really pumped and I can't wait to get down to NOLA and take a closer look! Does anyone know about placement in ATL though?

Your email had scholarship informations?



No I called. The email said Scholarship info would follow in the mailed materials, but I was eager to find out. Do the same, they're really nice in the admission dept. unlike several others I've encountered recently.

User avatar
MoS
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:59 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby MoS » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:40 pm

hwstewart wrote:
MoS wrote:
hwstewart wrote:Just got the email today w/ $30,000 scholly! Really pumped and I can't wait to get down to NOLA and take a closer look! Does anyone know about placement in ATL though?

Your email had scholarship informations?



No I called. The email said Scholarship info would follow in the mailed materials, but I was eager to find out. Do the same, they're really nice in the admission dept. unlike several others I've encountered recently.

Great idea. Thanks

k10370
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby k10370 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Went complete 11/10. Went complete again 12/22. Went complete again today 1/22. COME ON TULANE.........stop teasing me!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AntsInMyEyesJohnson, Baby Gaga, Finickywalrus, galeatus, izha, Majestic-12 [Bot], potterotter, reydingo, sonyco and 23 guests