Tulane 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
twintipping_bumps

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby twintipping_bumps » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:27 pm

nianlong wrote:For places to live, my favorite areas are primarily south of Claiborne and west of Napoleon all the way up to the river. In general, that whole area is pretty safe and within a mile or two of the law school. Places right around Magazine further down river are worth looking at, too. If you get a chance to visit, just drive around uptown a little bit and you'll get a good idea of the areas that you'd like to live. It's really not a big place. Doesn't take long to get your bearings.

And FYI, there are supposed to be some bike lanes added to St. Charles Ave, this spring, so that should help out as well.

Thanks for the info on good places to live, Nianlong. Good luck to others with scholarship details! Tulane is still my best option at this point, and I look forward to checking out NOLA; I continue to hear good things about the city.

Eisaiahm

Postby Eisaiahm » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Current Status: Decision has been made.
Current Status Date:1/11/2010
No "Congratulations" or email to be found so I'm assuming its bad news.

TonyDigital

Postby TonyDigital » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Eisaiahm wrote:Current Status: Decision has been made.

Good luck...when did you go complete?

Eisaiahm

Postby Eisaiahm » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:01 pm

TonyDigital wrote:
Eisaiahm wrote:Current Status: Decision has been made.

Good luck...when did you go complete?

A long ass time ago. I think 10/22.

chrisokc

Postby chrisokc » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:18 pm

I received an e-mail a couple of hours after my status checker changed to admitted.

Eisaiahm

Postby Eisaiahm » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:56 pm

chrisokc wrote:I received an e-mail a couple of hours after my status checker changed to admitted.

Yeah, I heard it could take a couple hours, but I also heard that the status checker says congrats on it somewhere, which is not the case with me.

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:59 pm

chrisokc wrote:I received an e-mail a couple of hours after my status checker changed to admitted.

nice i finally found a numbers twin

glad to see you got into Tulane & Hastings, ive been complete since the first week of november at both, althought my Tulane complete date changed to 1/6.

did you apply ED to hastings?

rachel.almaraz

Postby rachel.almaraz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Decision Made: 1/11

Looks as if it doesn't say "Admitted" on the status checker, or we receive a "Congratulations" e-mail, it's a rejection. =(

Hope I'm wrong...

anothernancydrew

Postby anothernancydrew » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:54 pm

Did anyone else get a similar email today?

"As we mentioned in a recent e-mail, your file is complete. We generally review files in the order that we receive them, and we look forward to reviewing your file and returning a decision to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, we invite you to keep up to date with our news and interests by following Tulane Law Admissions on Twitter or Facebook.

As always, if you have any questions about Tulane Law School or the application process, please feel free to contact Carol OHea or myself at 504.865.5930 or by e-mail at cohea@tulane.edu or adaly@tulane.edu."

I went complete over a month ago, and haven't heard anything since. Was this just a mass email?

lawgirl99

Postby lawgirl99 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:07 pm

anothernancydrew wrote:Did anyone else get a similar email today?

"As we mentioned in a recent e-mail, your file is complete. We generally review files in the order that we receive them, and we look forward to reviewing your file and returning a decision to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, we invite you to keep up to date with our news and interests by following Tulane Law Admissions on Twitter or Facebook.

As always, if you have any questions about Tulane Law School or the application process, please feel free to contact Carol OHea or myself at 504.865.5930 or by e-mail at cohea@tulane.edu or adaly@tulane.edu."

I went complete over a month ago, and haven't heard anything since. Was this just a mass email?

I haven't gotten one yet but maybe it hasnt been sent to everyone yet?

chrisokc

Postby chrisokc » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:09 pm

sdegarmo wrote:

nice i finally found a numbers twin

glad to see you got into Tulane & Hastings, ive been complete since the first week of november at both, althought my Tulane complete date changed to 1/6.

did you apply ED to hastings?

Thanks. Yeah, ED at Hastings. I would have to commit by Jan. 15th. It's too expensive for me.

idksomeone

Postby idksomeone » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:11 pm

i got that email about a month after i went complete as well. i got in 2-3 weeks later... i guess they just don't want us to think they've forgotten us

miami..

Postby miami.. » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:14 pm

anyone get anything in the mail who was admitted before the holidays? I got an acceptance e-mail before christmas and they said they'd send stuff out after new years.......

anothernancydrew

Postby anothernancydrew » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:19 pm

idksomeone wrote:
i got that email about a month after i went complete as well. i got in 2-3 weeks later... i guess they just don't want us to think they've forgotten us

Nice. Thanks.

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:50 pm

idksomeone wrote:

Just got it today. Thought it was a bit bizarre, but no news is good news I guess!

the lantern

Postby the lantern » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:52 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:
idksomeone wrote:

Just got it today. Thought it was a bit bizarre, but no news is good news I guess!

I was super excited to see an email from Tulane, but then pretty disappointed it was just another email about being complete. :)

Bustang

Postby Bustang » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm struggling to decide between SMU(if i get in) and Tulane. I want to work in Texas, and I got into U of H, but after driving down there/hearing about the facilities... meh. I'll def. be attending one of the ASDs in Spring!

anothernancydrew

Postby anothernancydrew » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:25 pm

the lantern wrote:
JessicaTiger wrote:
idksomeone wrote:

I was super excited to see an email from Tulane, but then pretty disappointed it was just another email about being complete. :)

Hahaha. I know. I had to laugh at myself when I read the stupid status email and realized how quickly my heart was pounding. Sigh.

SamSeaborn2016

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:37 am

Status checker changed to "Decision has been made" today, 1/11/10. I've been complete since 9/3. From the sounds of it, I have a "ding" on the way. Drag. :(

miami..

Postby miami.. » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:48 am

does anyone know how difficult a 3.0 would be to keep at Tulane, I'm not sure of their curve although im researching it. figure id see if anyone had a quick answer. Thanks!

twintipping_bumps

Postby twintipping_bumps » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:56 am

miami.. wrote:does anyone know how difficult a 3.0 would be to keep at Tulane, I'm not sure of their curve although im researching it. figure id see if anyone had a quick answer. Thanks!

I am wondering this myself. I obviously want to have a GPA much higher than 3.0 and plan to earn such a GPA by working hard, but it would be a shame to choose Tulane on account of the generous aid and then loose my scholarship. The talk of "section stacking" I have seen frightens me. But most discussions seem to indicate this only happens in T3 and T4 - so probably not at a school like Tulane, right?

Snoopy1216

Postby Snoopy1216 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:01 pm

Whoo-Hoo! Acceptance packet came with a tote bag! (Plus scholarship and other AS stuff!!)

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Status changed to complete (again), perhaps upon receipt of my Dec LSAT?

tsub

Postby tsub » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:05 pm

I got that e-mail yesterday too. I wonder what this indicates...

Bustang

Postby Bustang » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:15 pm

miami.. wrote:does anyone know how difficult a 3.0 would be to keep at Tulane, I'm not sure of their curve although im researching it. figure id see if anyone had a quick answer. Thanks!

3.0, according to what i remember from the NALP directory, is just above 50%.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”