Tulane 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
twintipping_bumps
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:14 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby twintipping_bumps » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:27 pm

nianlong wrote:For places to live, my favorite areas are primarily south of Claiborne and west of Napoleon all the way up to the river. In general, that whole area is pretty safe and within a mile or two of the law school. Places right around Magazine further down river are worth looking at, too. If you get a chance to visit, just drive around uptown a little bit and you'll get a good idea of the areas that you'd like to live. It's really not a big place. Doesn't take long to get your bearings.

And FYI, there are supposed to be some bike lanes added to St. Charles Ave, this spring, so that should help out as well.


Thanks for the info on good places to live, Nianlong. Good luck to others with scholarship details! Tulane is still my best option at this point, and I look forward to checking out NOLA; I continue to hear good things about the city.

Eisaiahm
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:56 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby Eisaiahm » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Current Status: Decision has been made.
Current Status Date:1/11/2010
No "Congratulations" or email to be found so I'm assuming its bad news.

User avatar
TonyDigital
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby TonyDigital » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Eisaiahm wrote:Current Status: Decision has been made.
Current Status Date:1/11/2010
No "Congratulations" or email to be found so I'm assuming its bad news.


Good luck...when did you go complete?

Eisaiahm
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:56 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby Eisaiahm » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:01 pm

TonyDigital wrote:
Eisaiahm wrote:Current Status: Decision has been made.
Current Status Date:1/11/2010
No "Congratulations" or email to be found so I'm assuming its bad news.


Good luck...when did you go complete?


A long ass time ago. I think 10/22.

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby chrisokc » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:18 pm

I received an e-mail a couple of hours after my status checker changed to admitted.

Eisaiahm
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:56 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby Eisaiahm » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:56 pm

chrisokc wrote:I received an e-mail a couple of hours after my status checker changed to admitted.


Yeah, I heard it could take a couple hours, but I also heard that the status checker says congrats on it somewhere, which is not the case with me.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby S de Garmeaux » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:59 pm

chrisokc wrote:I received an e-mail a couple of hours after my status checker changed to admitted.


nice i finally found a numbers twin

glad to see you got into Tulane & Hastings, ive been complete since the first week of november at both, althought my Tulane complete date changed to 1/6.

did you apply ED to hastings?

rachel.almaraz
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:09 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby rachel.almaraz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:12 pm

Decision Made: 1/11

Looks as if it doesn't say "Admitted" on the status checker, or we receive a "Congratulations" e-mail, it's a rejection. =(

Hope I'm wrong...

User avatar
anothernancydrew
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby anothernancydrew » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:54 pm

Did anyone else get a similar email today?

"As we mentioned in a recent e-mail, your file is complete. We generally review files in the order that we receive them, and we look forward to reviewing your file and returning a decision to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, we invite you to keep up to date with our news and interests by following Tulane Law Admissions on Twitter or Facebook.

As always, if you have any questions about Tulane Law School or the application process, please feel free to contact Carol OHea or myself at 504.865.5930 or by e-mail at cohea@tulane.edu or adaly@tulane.edu."


I went complete over a month ago, and haven't heard anything since. Was this just a mass email?

User avatar
lawgirl99
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby lawgirl99 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:07 pm

anothernancydrew wrote:Did anyone else get a similar email today?

"As we mentioned in a recent e-mail, your file is complete. We generally review files in the order that we receive them, and we look forward to reviewing your file and returning a decision to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, we invite you to keep up to date with our news and interests by following Tulane Law Admissions on Twitter or Facebook.

As always, if you have any questions about Tulane Law School or the application process, please feel free to contact Carol OHea or myself at 504.865.5930 or by e-mail at cohea@tulane.edu or adaly@tulane.edu."


I went complete over a month ago, and haven't heard anything since. Was this just a mass email?


I haven't gotten one yet but maybe it hasnt been sent to everyone yet?

chrisokc
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:43 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby chrisokc » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:09 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
chrisokc wrote:I received an e-mail a couple of hours after my status checker changed to admitted.


nice i finally found a numbers twin

glad to see you got into Tulane & Hastings, ive been complete since the first week of november at both, althought my Tulane complete date changed to 1/6.

did you apply ED to hastings?

Thanks. Yeah, ED at Hastings. I would have to commit by Jan. 15th. It's too expensive for me.

idksomeone
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby idksomeone » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:11 pm

anothernancydrew wrote:Did anyone else get a similar email today?

"As we mentioned in a recent e-mail, your file is complete. We generally review files in the order that we receive them, and we look forward to reviewing your file and returning a decision to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, we invite you to keep up to date with our news and interests by following Tulane Law Admissions on Twitter or Facebook.

As always, if you have any questions about Tulane Law School or the application process, please feel free to contact Carol OHea or myself at 504.865.5930 or by e-mail at cohea@tulane.edu or adaly@tulane.edu."


I went complete over a month ago, and haven't heard anything since. Was this just a mass email?


i got that email about a month after i went complete as well. i got in 2-3 weeks later... i guess they just don't want us to think they've forgotten us

miami..
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby miami.. » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:14 pm

anyone get anything in the mail who was admitted before the holidays? I got an acceptance e-mail before christmas and they said they'd send stuff out after new years.......

User avatar
anothernancydrew
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby anothernancydrew » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:19 pm

idksomeone wrote:
i got that email about a month after i went complete as well. i got in 2-3 weeks later... i guess they just don't want us to think they've forgotten us


Nice. Thanks.

User avatar
BriaTharen
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby BriaTharen » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:50 pm

idksomeone wrote:
anothernancydrew wrote:Did anyone else get a similar email today?

"As we mentioned in a recent e-mail, your file is complete. We generally review files in the order that we receive them, and we look forward to reviewing your file and returning a decision to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, we invite you to keep up to date with our news and interests by following Tulane Law Admissions on Twitter or Facebook.

As always, if you have any questions about Tulane Law School or the application process, please feel free to contact Carol OHea or myself at 504.865.5930 or by e-mail at cohea@tulane.edu or adaly@tulane.edu."


I went complete over a month ago, and haven't heard anything since. Was this just a mass email?


i got that email about a month after i went complete as well. i got in 2-3 weeks later... i guess they just don't want us to think they've forgotten us


Just got it today. Thought it was a bit bizarre, but no news is good news I guess!

the lantern
Posts: 368
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 8:47 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby the lantern » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:52 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:
idksomeone wrote:
anothernancydrew wrote:Did anyone else get a similar email today?

"As we mentioned in a recent e-mail, your file is complete. We generally review files in the order that we receive them, and we look forward to reviewing your file and returning a decision to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, we invite you to keep up to date with our news and interests by following Tulane Law Admissions on Twitter or Facebook.

As always, if you have any questions about Tulane Law School or the application process, please feel free to contact Carol OHea or myself at 504.865.5930 or by e-mail at cohea@tulane.edu or adaly@tulane.edu."


I went complete over a month ago, and haven't heard anything since. Was this just a mass email?


i got that email about a month after i went complete as well. i got in 2-3 weeks later... i guess they just don't want us to think they've forgotten us


Just got it today. Thought it was a bit bizarre, but no news is good news I guess!


I was super excited to see an email from Tulane, but then pretty disappointed it was just another email about being complete. :)

User avatar
Bustang
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby Bustang » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm struggling to decide between SMU(if i get in) and Tulane. I want to work in Texas, and I got into U of H, but after driving down there/hearing about the facilities... meh. I'll def. be attending one of the ASDs in Spring!

User avatar
anothernancydrew
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby anothernancydrew » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:25 pm

the lantern wrote:
JessicaTiger wrote:
idksomeone wrote:
anothernancydrew wrote:Did anyone else get a similar email today?

"As we mentioned in a recent e-mail, your file is complete. We generally review files in the order that we receive them, and we look forward to reviewing your file and returning a decision to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, we invite you to keep up to date with our news and interests by following Tulane Law Admissions on Twitter or Facebook.

As always, if you have any questions about Tulane Law School or the application process, please feel free to contact Carol OHea or myself at 504.865.5930 or by e-mail at cohea@tulane.edu or adaly@tulane.edu."


I went complete over a month ago, and haven't heard anything since. Was this just a mass email?


i got that email about a month after i went complete as well. i got in 2-3 weeks later... i guess they just don't want us to think they've forgotten us


Just got it today. Thought it was a bit bizarre, but no news is good news I guess!


I was super excited to see an email from Tulane, but then pretty disappointed it was just another email about being complete. :)


Hahaha. I know. I had to laugh at myself when I read the stupid status email and realized how quickly my heart was pounding. Sigh.

User avatar
SamSeaborn2016
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:37 am

Status checker changed to "Decision has been made" today, 1/11/10. I've been complete since 9/3. From the sounds of it, I have a "ding" on the way. Drag. :(

miami..
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby miami.. » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:48 am

does anyone know how difficult a 3.0 would be to keep at Tulane, I'm not sure of their curve although im researching it. figure id see if anyone had a quick answer. Thanks!

twintipping_bumps
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:14 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby twintipping_bumps » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:56 am

miami.. wrote:does anyone know how difficult a 3.0 would be to keep at Tulane, I'm not sure of their curve although im researching it. figure id see if anyone had a quick answer. Thanks!


I am wondering this myself. I obviously want to have a GPA much higher than 3.0 and plan to earn such a GPA by working hard, but it would be a shame to choose Tulane on account of the generous aid and then loose my scholarship. The talk of "section stacking" I have seen frightens me. But most discussions seem to indicate this only happens in T3 and T4 - so probably not at a school like Tulane, right?

User avatar
Snoopy1216
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby Snoopy1216 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:01 pm

Whoo-Hoo! Acceptance packet came with a tote bag! (Plus scholarship and other AS stuff!!)

User avatar
gatorlion
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby gatorlion » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Status changed to complete (again), perhaps upon receipt of my Dec LSAT?

tsub
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:36 am

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby tsub » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:05 pm

anothernancydrew wrote:Did anyone else get a similar email today?

"As we mentioned in a recent e-mail, your file is complete. We generally review files in the order that we receive them, and we look forward to reviewing your file and returning a decision to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, we invite you to keep up to date with our news and interests by following Tulane Law Admissions on Twitter or Facebook.

As always, if you have any questions about Tulane Law School or the application process, please feel free to contact Carol OHea or myself at 504.865.5930 or by e-mail at cohea@tulane.edu or adaly@tulane.edu."


I went complete over a month ago, and haven't heard anything since. Was this just a mass email?



I got that e-mail yesterday too. I wonder what this indicates...

User avatar
Bustang
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Tulane 2010

Postby Bustang » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:15 pm

miami.. wrote:does anyone know how difficult a 3.0 would be to keep at Tulane, I'm not sure of their curve although im researching it. figure id see if anyone had a quick answer. Thanks!



3.0, according to what i remember from the NALP directory, is just above 50%.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], spursforever and 11 guests